2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

You work so that you can buy MORE stash for your stash to play with! :lol

Isn't this why I have a hubby who is gainfully employed?? Hmmm...going to have to re-think this whole thing now....:rofl

Won't be able to play much with the stash tonight. Have to go grocery shopping when I get home. :angry

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally got to crochet last night. First time since Friday! I used up about a skein, but will get back to it tonight to use up at least 1 more. Work has been super busy, plus homework. Fun times. :) I'll have extra money for yarn, but no time to shop for any. No Jana, you can't come spend it for me. :lol

:turtle:vheart

:) I'll have extra money for yarn, but no time to shop for any. No Jana, you can't come spend it for me. :lol

And I thought we were friends. :huh

That's o.k. Between work, homework, housework, kids, grand kids, there isn't much time to spend time at Michaels. Plus it's Bike Week. Too noise up your way for me. :rofl

another divine hat off the hook and took up the entire skein!! yay!!

+2 for me

I saw the Divine Hat on Rav yesterday. Is it a pretty easy pattern to follow? I may have to make a few if it is. All that yarn I inherited has to be used up somehow.

So far this week, 3 skeins have been used up on the flannelghan. You are right Sue. This really goes fast. Almost done with the 3rd strip. But I think I may need to buy one more skein of black to finish it up. Oh, wait!!! I think I remember seeing a lone skein of black in my stash!! Woo Hoo!!!

2011 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0 / YTD: +10

Wow! Bronze medal for only 6 points. What's this world coming to? This week I just rested on my laurels.

I still don't know how those that do it can go through skeinS in a week. :think

I'm just a really slow crocheter, I guess.

-Marzee

2011 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: +10 (Bronze Medal 03/07/11)

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths of 2011 CAL

And I thought we were friends. :huh

That's o.k. Between work, homework, housework, kids, grand kids, there isn't much time to spend time at Michaels. Plus it's Bike Week. Too noise up your way for me. :rofl

I think I'm in need of some Jana time. :) Let me know what Saturday works for you and I'll switch days with Allie.

Wow! Bronze medal for only 6 points. What's this world coming to? This week I just rested on my laurels.

3 oz skeins and lots of double crochet :devil or a scrap afghan from my bag of small #1 balls uses them up and racks up the points fast

plus having most all day to crochet really helps :chook

2011 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0 / YTD: +10

I'm just a really slow crocheter, I guess.

-Marzee

2011 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: +10 (Bronze Medal 03/07/11)

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths of 2011 CAL

Finishing up skeins that were started the week before (I only take the points when I use up the entire skein, if I buy it as a skein, and don't get it as a ball already.)

Well, it looks like there's going to be yarn transgressions this week... :devil

A dear friend showed up at dinner the other night with a skein of yarn and a scrawled note from her mother - she wants me to "make a scarf and she'll pay you." Unfortunatey, the yarn is Bernat Soft Boucle, which is a nightmare to crochet with. I may need to knit it instead. The note also says she wants Caron Simply Soft in either "Camel" or "Beige" as a contrasting color. I sent my friend back with instructions to find out if there's a particular design she wants, if she wants me to crochet or knit 2 strands together (might be easier to deal with the Boucle that way), etc.

Oh, yes, and there is no such thing as SS in "Camel" as far as I've been able to see. :lol:lol:lol

Going like crazy making those towel toppers. Lots of fun. Used up lots of yarn this week.

:manyheart

The older son will be here overnight with other supper company and we'll be gone most of tomorrow, so I don't expect to finish off any more skeins.

Two Wal-Mart trips got me a -24. I used two cotton skeins and another down to a ball on dish clothes. Another three went into the afghan. So I'm still in the negative this week:

WTD -13/YTD -206

:faint

I got ambitious this week and decided to organize my stash. It's grown a bit since the last time I made any sense of it. The jumbled pile of smooshy, yarn-filled, shopping bags had completely overwhelmed the totes in the "yarn" closet. Luckily, Target had totes on sale this week because I definately needed more!:lol

I figured :think since I was digging it all out of the closet, :idea I might as well take some pictures!:photo This entailed lugging the whole lot upstairs so that there was enough room to spread it out, sorting through it, placing it all just so, snapping pics, packing it all back up in it's new groupings, and lugging it all back downstairs. It took all day!:whew

I didn't catalogue or count it because I just don't want to know the final number.:devil I was going to post all the pics here, but I mostly grouped the yarn by brand and/or type, so I ended up with 18 pics.:eek Here are a couple of the bigger collections.

If you're drinking a beverage, you might want to swallow now. :D

Also, if anyone's curious, I posted all 18 pics in my Ravelry stash: http://www.ravelry.com/people/yarndweeb/stash/stash-3-10-11

Okay, ready? I don't want to be responsible for any liquid damage to keyboards and screens!

:yarn

:devil

post-33647-135897638137_thumb.jpg

post-33647-135897638142_thumb.jpg

I got ambitious this week and decided to organize my stash. It's grown a bit since the last time I made any sense of it. The jumbled pile of smooshy, yarn-filled, shopping bags had completely overwhelmed the totes in the "yarn" closet. Luckily, Target had totes on sale this week because I definately needed more!:lol

I figured :think since I was digging it all out of the closet, :idea I might as well take some pictures!:photo This entailed lugging the whole lot upstairs so that there was enough room to spread it out, sorting through it, placing it all just so, snapping pics, packing it all back up in it's new groupings, and lugging it all back downstairs. It took all day!:whew

I didn't catalogue or count it because I just don't want to know the final number.:devil I was going to post all the pics here, but I mostly grouped the yarn by brand and/or type, so I ended up with 18 pics.:eek Here are a couple of the bigger collections.

Also, if anyone's curious, I posted all 18 pics in my Ravelry stash: http://www.ravelry.com/people/yarndweeb/stash/stash-3-10-11

Okay, ready? I don't want to be responsible for any liquid damage to keyboards and screens!

I dunno... doesn't look like that big of a stash to me... :devil I think you need... MORE!

:yes:lol

What a rainbow of beauty! :)

Took a peek at your Ravelry page. :eek:eek:eek How many yarn stores do you have hidden in your house?? :rofl You need to post this to the Flash Your Stash page on Ravelry.

This week, there is finally some good news to report.:clap Used up 5 skeins on the flannelghan. Almost had 6, but my eyes wouldn't co-operate with me after 9:30 last night. :tired

WTD +10

Archived