christmas idea help!!!

My mom loves to crochet and I know nothing about it and she is always making me and others gifts. She has a lot of crochet hooks. What other tools or things do you find useful while you crochet. Somethings I may be able to get her for Christmas.... Any and all ideas would be appreciated. Thank You in advance. Sorry if I didn't post this in the right place.

Here are a few ideas: Crochet pattern books that she may not have, a box of yarn to keep her stash up, Crochet or craft tote bag, specialty hooks (like the clover soft touch hooks which are easier on the fingers) Crochet hook case.

You can also find beautiful wood hooks and pretty stitch markers on Ebay or Etsy. She may have lots of hooks but may not have any really special ones. Maybe a crochet bag I have a really nice Namaste project bag. Maybe a gift card to a local yarn shop or craft store.

All wonderful ideas! I really can't add much to the others suggestions, they are awesome ideas.......Yarn is always welcome, gift cards, as stated, hooks, bags, they have ott lights that make night time like day time, if she needs help with light, and they are terrific, and a magnifier that you prop on your chest, (a strap around your neck) and magnify your work right in front, where you need to see it better. I have one, but seldom use it, also, I have some stress relief gloves, fingerless, that help when my wrists or fingers get tired, they are available either on line,or at one of the local yarn and or hobby places. other than that, nothing much else to add! Good luck, your mom will be thrilled with any of these suggestions! i Know I would! lol:clap

I love little retractable tape measures. You could also get her a nice pair of scissors, a photo album to put pictures of her completed projects in, stitch markers, if your mom likes to read there is a book series by Betty Henchman (crochet mysteries) I hope this helps.

lantern moon products are cute...i love my yarn drum and clover soft touches. does she have a yarn winder? patterns are always a plus...we can never have too many!

a crochet magazine subscription would be cool also. yarn never hurts!

Did anyone mention the Ott lamps? I have a small Ott desk lamp for my painting and know I would love a floor lamp for next to my big chair where I crochet at night. Sure helps on the eyes. ;)

It's really sweet that you are investigating gift ideas like this, I know your mom will appreciate your effort:)

Stitch markers are a great idea, it's hard to have too many of those. When you go to the store you will see some sttich markers that are solid rings; these are for knitting and cannot be used for crocheting. Be sure you get markers that will open and clasp onto the stitch. My favorites are the Clover ones http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/productdetail.jsp?CATID=cat2874&PRODID=prd32215

that pic shows the jumbo ones but they come in a smaller size too. You can find cute handmade ones with beads etc. on Etsy.

The Crochet Answer Book is really handy and it is well-priced and small size so it's easy to carry around.

The Complete Photo Guide to Crochet is a great book with beautiful photos and info on just about everything a person could want to know about crocheting, different stitch patterns and techniques.

What kind of things does your mom usually crochet?

Archived