Snowman Table Runner in Filet Crochet

luckybmr

I gave this to my best friend for Christmas 2009 - unfinished. It took longer than I thought. Anyway, after she opened it, I promptly took it back to finish it. Well, life got in the way. I had rotator cuff surgery and couldn't crochet. I finally finished it last week, still need to starch and iron it a little. She will be getting it tomorrow. I sure am giving Thanks that it is finally done! Made with white #10 thread. 1.5 hook. Pattern was in Crochet World last year.

post-5752-135897600563_thumb.jpg

post-5752-13589760057_thumb.jpg

Your runner turned out wonderful.... I started on this pattern for my Aunt for Christmas. Not sure if I can finish it in time. I want to make it shorter.. the pattern seems very long. Hope I can figure it out... Did you make your length shorter?... So, I'm stumped! Love yours! GBU!

Your runner turned out wonderful.... I started on this pattern for my Aunt for Christmas. Not sure if I can finish it in time. I want to make it shorter.. the pattern seems very long. Hope I can figure it out... Did you make your length shorter?... So, I'm stumped! Love yours! GBU!

No, I made it according to the pattern. It fits a coffee table nicely. I couldn't stand trying to do it from the chart, so I wrote directions line by line. Something like "4B 2F 1B 5F". Which the B is for a blank square and the F for a filled square. I haven't typed up what I wrote out yet, but plan to at some point in case I ever want to make it again. To make it go quicker, you could almost just make the "snowflakes" in the middle part random and not even follow the pattern except for the edges. I thought of doing that, but I ended up sticking with the pattern. You could easily make it shorter, just by eliminating some of the middle rows. I also didn't do the border they have, I used another border which I thought was easier.

Thanks for nice comments everyone. I really enjoyed doing this and just might try the santa and sleigh that was also in the magazine - but I think that one will be for ME!

Archived