Slipper socks

MarvieN

I wanted slippers, but I think I ended up with another pair of socks lol

http://img68.exs.cx/img68/9906/slippersox2small5bi.jpg

I didn't like the open part across the top of my foot so I made a lace and sewed it in (cuz I dodn't want to deal with ties or loosing it in the wash).

http://img128.exs.cx/img128/402/slippersox3small2wm.jpg

Oh, and the yarn is thicker than WW mystery yarn, which I brushed on the inside and it's soooooo soft and warm! :fluffy

Guest xxJessBezzxx

Those are fantastic!

So, i guess i'm a newbie with some of the lingo...but when you say you "brushed" the inside.....how so/what did you use?

Sounds like a fab idea to keep footsies extra toasty!

I used an old fashioned bristle brush (not a natural one though, it's plastic, I just call it old fashioned because you don't find that type of hair brush very often anymore) I think I got this things at the dollar store a couple of years ago, it's actually a comb and brush, the comb folds into the brush part. It was my kid's but I stole it for brushing out fun fur and then read someplace that brushing the insides of mittens and socks will make them warmer, so I tried it and it works like a chaarm!

Thanks alot Marvie!!!:irked Now I HAVE to make some for me, my bare footies are cold!!:w-cold That's all I needed, another project that I just must get done today!! :wink

They are cute! You should submit the pattern somewhere...AFTER you post it here!!! :woohoo

~Rebecca

The pattern was a hybrid of the Toe-Up sock tutorial, which I followed up to the part where you would chain etc. only instead I used the back end (from row 18 till it fit my foot) from these slippers then I just did a sc all the way around the top, down the side and across the top of the foot to where I started, did 3 rows of DC around the top for a cuff of sorts, then at the end of that I just went right on down and across and back up again with sc, putting two or three in the posts where there was room, which was what made the holes for the laces.

The laces are just long chains. I threaded it on a needle, sewed it to the bottom and shoved the tail bit up the sc'd side for a bit of a stiffener, snipped that, then threaded the "lace" criss-cross through the holes to the top, then turned around and went back down, ending up on the opposite side from where I started. Sewed that in the same way.

Not sure if that makes sense... if not I can sit down and try to write it out carefully.

The slippers/socks whatever you want to call them didn't take long, probably a few hours at most. I used an I hook and thicker than WW yarn so they went a bit faster than usual socks go for me.

I love the colors! and the first thing I thought when I saw them was Way cool!!

Is that your dh holding your foot for the photo?:))

I really like those. I'd consider making some if it weren't so blazin' hot here!! I can't even bring myself to touch yarn right now. It's tooo hot!!:D!

i've done that too...=] it makes "Yucky" acrylic alot softer, but i use a dog slicker brush you can get almost anywhere. (i think at wally-world they're less than $5) it looks alot like a small yarn carder... i brushed one side of this scarf...=]:

pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ka...pg&.src=ph

makes working in cheap acrylic a bit better...=] (i also made a kitty hat and mittens for my niece, but didnt take piccies yet. i also brushed the inside and outside of those...=])

kayveryn

Archived