I've been ruined...

nnt

It has happened. I am ruined, completely ruined, for all crochet hooks.

I was lucky enough to be able to order a custom hook from Jimbo. Now, I have a pretty good collection of hooks from Jimbo anyway, each one treasured and used lovingly. However, when Jimbo asked me exactly what I wanted this custom hook to be like, I wasn't sure.

So I took some measurements, asked a few questions, and sent my ideas to Jimbo. "No problem!" he said. I couldn't wait to see how it turned out!

It's PERFECT, of course!!! I've never had a hook mold to my hand so well. I'm in shock and awe of Jimbo's talent. It is the most perfect hook ever created (for me!!).

Thank you so much, Jimbo, and anyone else who ever gets the chance to work with Jimbo on a hook, take it! You won't regret it!!

There's a picture of it on Jimbo's blog if you want to see it... my hook is the size F made of Bois de Rose wood, which is stunning!

Oh my gosh, it's beautiful!! :drool(I really should look into one of Jimbo's hooks, my hands are killing me at the moment. Working on sooo many projects and still not enough time in a day for me!!) :eek:)

AW shucks now you got me all red faced. Thank you for all the kind words. NNT's hook is really unique from the viewpoint of proportion, handle to shank size. FAT handle, F shank. I was reminded of a hummingbird while making it.

Beautiful hooks. Wish I could afford one.

In my blog there is a photo of a Bois de Rose wood blank, 1" x 1" x 8". Bois de Rose is one of if not THE most beautiful (and expensive) woods in the world. I will make that block into a custom hook, made according to the wants of the winner of my International Crochet Day contest being held in my blog. FREE!! All's you need do is leave a comment about what you're doing to promote crochet on International Crochet Day. Cinchy!

Just got my hooks in the mail and all I can say is, well, these are out of this world! I have other custom hooks, but Jimbo's simply fit your hand so beautifully. All my other hooks are being put away in a drawer... I can see these will be my go-to hooks from now on!

Archived