New Bernat Crochetalong - did you see this?

WVUAlesha

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yarn geek - your squares are great :clap And I really like your colors, actually...I don't think I've seen any grouping of color that I didn't like in here :no Everyone did a great job picking colors for this mystery without knowing the outcome :yes I've seen that video and have tried it on every square, but was unsuccessful each time :( I keep getting the base of the stitch really thin and the top all bulky, so something I'll just have to sit and practice at some point :think

I finished all my squares and will get a pic up tomorrow of my first and fourth to see the difference in continuity from start to finish :lol

Yarn geek - your squares are great :clap And I really like your colors, actually...I don't think I've seen any grouping of color that I didn't like in here :no Everyone did a great job picking colors for this mystery without knowing the outcome :yes I've seen that video and have tried it on every square, but was unsuccessful each time :( I keep getting the base of the stitch really thin and the top all bulky, so something I'll just have to sit and practice at some point :think

I finished all my squares and will get a pic up tomorrow of my first and fourth to see the difference in continuity from start to finish :lol

WTG on finishing!!!:yay I think after another cup of coffee I'm going to work on my 3rd square before DH wakes up !!! Wish me luck- I really don't enjoy this square so I'm glad I'm doing it with all of you---keeps me motivated!

Well everyone,

Here are pics of my 1st and 4th squares, definitely much happier with the 4th :lol Not re-doing any though so am hoping that they will all lay nicely when sewn together :xfin I've decided I'm going to try this whole blocking thing to and am hoping that will help also :yes The 3rd and 4th weren't as bad because I worked over all ends except the first and last tails :whew so when I was done, only had to weave 2 per block :yay

Joanne - I hope you get your 3rd done :cheer :cheer

post-36814-135897585861_thumb.jpg

Well everyone,

Here are pics of my 1st and 4th squares, definitely much happier with the 4th :lol Not re-doing any though so am hoping that they will all lay nicely when sewn together :xfin I've decided I'm going to try this whole blocking thing to and am hoping that will help also :yes The 3rd and 4th weren't as bad because I worked over all ends except the first and last tails :whew so when I was done, only had to weave 2 per block :yay

Joanne - I hope you get your 3rd done :cheer :cheer

I agree Marisa- the 4th looks better than the first! I think my 3rd looks better than my first. And I'm not re-doing any of these squares. I did get the 3rd square done this morning and ends all weaved in. :yay I'll do the 4th tonight I think and will work over all ends except the first and last tails- it's the weaving in that takes sooooo long!! The 4th is going to be like my second one- a mirror image- that way I'll have 2 of each so it should look fine in the afghan!

I sure hope we have a fun square without so many ends this Wednesday!!!!

In starting the stripey square I realized I crocheted all 8 V-stitch sqaures in the wrong color :blush I can't believe I didn't look at my color key before starting them! It was annoying to make 8 the first time! Yes, I'm whining a lot, but I'll just redo them. With an excessive amount of grumbling.

You guys!!

Joann's is running a special on Lion yarns till the end of Oct--and they have a lot of chunky yarns I like! I'm gonna arm myself with my coupons and go yarn hunting tomorrow and hit up all three of the big box's in my area...then I may just actually be able to join y'all...still haven't started, and I've been purposely avoiding the thread (even though I'm subscribed) to keep it a mystery until I get properly started!!

wish me luck tomorrow!! and hopefully I'll be diving right in here!!!! :yay

Marisa, your last square definitely looks better than your first. Hopefully the same will be true of my squares. Guess I'd better get back at them. I haven't touched them since Is tarted the second one on Thursday.

I sure hope this weeks square is something I like better!

Thanks Joanne and Cindy :hug My motto was 'just do it' :rofl Get them done!!!

Fargoan - If it was me, I would have left it and switched it up with one of the others :lol But in the end, I'm sure you'll be happy you switched it out :hug :hug :hug

Jenny - welcome!! I hope you get the yarn to join in....the more the merrier :yes

In starting the stripey square I realized I crocheted all 8 V-stitch sqaures in the wrong color :blush I can't believe I didn't look at my color key before starting them! It was annoying to make 8 the first time! Yes, I'm whining a lot, but I'll just redo them. With an excessive amount of grumbling.

I did that with the first clue! In the end, I decided to leave it and just switched my A and E colors (BSC fern and faded denim). You'd think I'd have learned to pay more attention at that point. I'm working on my 4th square and was ready to do my last color change... I looked down and four rows back I'd forgotten to turn the square, so the stitches were backwards. It wouldn't be that big of a deal to frog except, I've been weaving the ends in after every row. Funny thing- I did this on the same row as I did it on the first square!:lol I'd leave them both, but I know it'll bother me.

Hey everyone!

I have been doing this CAL since the beginning and have only just decided to join crochetville. This thread looks super helpful already - I love seeing everyone's colour choices and reading your tips! I will post a picture of my squares up til now. I'm a beginner and I am doing this with my mom who is teaching me, but there are some things even new to her (methods of changing colours, the v stitch from clue #3) so you guys are awesome! I am really excited about joining you.

Hey everyone!

I have been doing this CAL since the beginning and have only just decided to join crochetville. This thread looks super helpful already - I love seeing everyone's colour choices and reading your tips! I will post a picture of my squares up til now. I'm a beginner and I am doing this with my mom who is teaching me, but there are some things even new to her (methods of changing colours, the v stitch from clue #3) so you guys are awesome! I am really excited about joining you.

Welcome aboard! :cheer We're glad to have you. I can't wait to see your pictures.

:clap:yay Finished the 4th square last night!!!!:clap So glad that it's done- hoping for a nice not so many ends clue #5~~~

I'll get pics up after work.

Happy crocheting everyone!:hook

WTG on finishing. I've only finished two squares yet. Bit I've got 54 hours before the next pattern goes up!

Hey everyone!

Welcome! What colors are you using?

Hey everyone!

Welcome- and can't wait to see your squares!!!! Glad to have you joining us!!!

Hey Everyone!

I already feel welcome :) I took a couple pictures on my phone... my colours are:

Colour A - Gray Heather

Colour B - Natural

Colour C - True Gray

Colour D - Black

Colour E - Wine

post-42783-135897586123_thumb.jpg

I am using the softee chunky too, because as luck would have it, the local Zeller's had it on clearance in a ton of colours. I had bought a couple of the colours I liked (black, wine, true gray and gray heather) because I figured I could learn a zig zag lap-ghan with them. Then my mom came home from work, and shopping at Walmart. She found all the giant red heart balls had gone on clearance for 6 bucks each and when she went and paid, the teller asked her if she was doing the mystery crochet along, and if she wasn't she should because it was fun and there was such a good deal on ww yarn! So mom came home all excited and told me about it and I laughed because I had just bought a bunch of yarn. So I went back to the store and picked up the extra balls I needed to make this pattern, and chose the fifth colour, natural. It was definitely fate!

Anyway, I included a picture of all my colours. My main's are the lighter gray and the red (favorite!!). Then I put a picture of my clue#4 square and then all four of my squares so far. I have to admit this has been a lot of fun so far!

Oh! I also added a picture of my mom's squares. She's using 2 purples, a navy, teal and a minty green.

post-42783-135897586136_thumb.jpg

post-42783-135897586139_thumb.jpg

post-42783-135897586142_thumb.jpg

Hey Everyone!

I already feel welcome :) I took a couple pictures on my phone... my colours are:

Colour A - Gray Heather

Colour B - Natural

Colour C - True Gray

Colour D - Black

Colour E - Wine

[ATTACH]29002[/ATTACH]

I am using the softee chunky too, because as luck would have it, the local Zeller's had it on clearance in a ton of colours. I had bought a couple of the colours I liked (black, wine, true gray and gray heather) because I figured I could learn a zig zag lap-ghan with them. Then my mom came home from work, and shopping at Walmart. She found all the giant red heart balls had gone on clearance for 6 bucks each and when she went and paid, the teller asked her if she was doing the mystery crochet along, and if she wasn't she should because it was fun and there was such a good deal on ww yarn! So mom came home all excited and told me about it and I laughed because I had just bought a bunch of yarn. So I went back to the store and picked up the extra balls I needed to make this pattern, and chose the fifth colour, natural. It was definitely fate!

Anyway, I included a picture of all my colours. My main's are the lighter gray and the red (favorite!!). Then I put a picture of my clue#4 square and then all four of my squares so far. I have to admit this has been a lot of fun so far!

Oh! I also added a picture of my mom's squares. She's using 2 purples, a navy, teal and a minty green.

[ATTACH]29003[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]29004[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]29005[/ATTACH]

Oh, I love the Black Gray, and Wine colors- your squares look great!!!

And So do your Mom's!!

Can't wait till Wednesday to see what type of square(s) we'll be making !!!

Archived