Favorite Crochet Fashion Designers?

I thought it might be fun to share a bit about our favorite crochet fashion designers.

My absolute favorite of all time is Doris Chan. Most of the crocheted clothing I've made has come from her patterns.

Please let us know who your favorites are. Feel free to post links to downloadable patterns (for sale or for free) or post about where the pattern was published in a book or magazine. You're welcome to post photos of any finished items you've made.

Due to copyright restrictions, we can't allow photos from the patterns to be posted without permission. However, for all patterns posted, I'll do my best to contact the designers/publishers/copyright owners and ask for permission to upload some of the pattern photos.

Coming Soon: Photos and links to Doris Chan patterns.

Special thanks to Doris for giving me permission to snag her photos. :hug

Yeppers, Doris Chan definitely rocks. I just finished her Chrysanthemum Tea Shawl. Her exploded lace patterns are amazing (I'm a doily person...lol). To me she seems like a real down to earth person who happens to love to crochet. Her designs are continually evolving so I'm never sure what she will come up with next.

For OLD patterns I really love Elisabeth Hiddleston (SP?). She designed a huge body of work using most small hook and thread patterns. THAT takes a bit of time. They are at the same time elegant and usable.

Well, Amy, you've covered the topic: Doris Chan! Seriously, there are other designers whose work I admire, but in the last few years I've crocheted two tops for myself and both are her designs from the book Everyday Crochet. My photo program isn't working but I'll see if I can pull photos into this thread from the previous posts I made about them.

Reasons i love her designs: they are top-down and so easy to try on and make adjustments if needed. the stitch pattern flows organically and skims the body, and seems to mold to your shape, making for a great fit. she gives great info on what types of yarn to use, also great info on extras to improve the fit, like short rows in the bust and hip shaping.

Doris has a flickr page with photos from her books and other things as well, here are the photos from Everyday Crochet

That's a hard one. I kind of hesitate to post because I "know" so many talented designers and don't want to hurt any feelings by unintentionally leaving anyone out.

So instead of a list (maybe I'll edit this post and add a list later) I'll just mention the first designer that comes to mind: Robyn Chachula (crochetbyfaye) I am lovin' her clothing designs right now.

Her stuff looks so.......wearable. I've been meaning to try some of her designs.

you know, they really are very wearable! When I saw the photos in Everyday Crochet, I was struck by how easy to wear they looked, and when I made a couple I was thrilled with the fit.

Archived