August Charity CAL 8/19 - 8/24

nicolep

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Two rounds to go and the first preemie RR will be done. Should complete it before bed tonight. :hook
:eek really? What pattern do you use? baby yarn?

Nicole :yarn enjoy your yarn therapy.

finished 2 hats and a few more squares today, was out all day.

Hi everyone, sorry I disappeared. I have been sick since Tuesday night. Never made it out of bed Wednesday or Thursday. I have NEVER called in sick two days in a row before. Went to work on Friday, but only lasted 3 hours. This is the worst summer cold I have ever had.

Glad to see the new folks around here! Welcome.

ANd Nicole, I don't think it was an accident that the little one that needed love and attention (and food) came in to your life right when your heart needed some mending.

I am going to look into the Soldier's Angels. Thanks!

:eek really? What pattern do you use? baby yarn?

Nicole :yarn enjoy your yarn therapy.

finished 2 hats and a few more squares today, was out all day.

I use Lyn's Round Ripple Afghan pattern. A preemie afghan is only about 16 to 18 inches accross. 12 - 14 rows for ww yarn or 16 - 18 rows in baby weight yarn. The pattern is at http://project-angel-kisses.150cn,cin/roundripple.html I use this as my basic RR pattern for all my RRs. You can use a P hook with 2 or 3 strands of yarn to make a nice heavy full sized one.

Hi everyone, sorry I disappeared. I have been sick since Tuesday night. Never made it out of bed Wednesday or Thursday. I have NEVER called in sick two days in a row before. Went to work on Friday, but only lasted 3 hours. This is the worst summer cold I have ever had.

ANd Nicole, I don't think it was an accident that the little one that needed love and attention (and food) came in to your life right when your heart needed some mending.

Hope you are feeling lots better now. :hug That sounds awful. :hug

Everyone sounds like they are plugging away on their projects. When it rains, it pours, I tell ya!

Saturday, when I got home, I noticed something in my living room window. With the sun shining, I couldn't tell what was in the window. So, I came inside and looked. It was a stinkin' hornets nest!!! It was between the storm window and the actual house window. I didn't have any idea how I was going to get to it to kill the bees. I couldn't open the window inside because they would all come into the house. I couldn't spray them from the outside because the storm window was in the way. I had to pry out the windows and screens from the outside.

I put on gloves and everything because I'm allergic to bees. My neighbor came over to help, too. Well, those two things didn't do much good because I still got stung. So, off to the hospital I went. Thankfully, I'm about two minutes walking distance from a hospital. They shot me with an Epi pen and gave me breathing treatments. I was able to get there before the swelling got too bad. Plus, I was stung away from my face so my wind pipe didn't swell up before I got to the hospital.

Now, I feel like poo and still haven't gotten any crocheting done. It might be a bust for me this weekend. :sigh

:hug I hope you are feeling better!!!

Everyone sounds like they are plugging away on their projects. When it rains, it pours, I tell ya!

Saturday, when I got home, I noticed something in my living room window. With the sun shining, I couldn't tell what was in the window. So, I came inside and looked. It was a stinkin' hornets nest!!! It was between the storm window and the actual house window. I didn't have any idea how I was going to get to it to kill the bees. I couldn't open the window inside because they would all come into the house. I couldn't spray them from the outside because the storm window was in the way. I had to pry out the windows and screens from the outside.

I put on gloves and everything because I'm allergic to bees. My neighbor came over to help, too. Well, those two things didn't do much good because I still got stung. So, off to the hospital I went. Thankfully, I'm about two minutes walking distance from a hospital. They shot me with an Epi pen and gave me breathing treatments. I was able to get there before the swelling got too bad. Plus, I was stung away from my face so my wind pipe didn't swell up before I got to the hospital.

Now, I feel like poo and still haven't gotten any crocheting done. It might be a bust for me this weekend. :sigh

OMG!!! What a scary story! Thank goodness you are are ok!:eek

:hug:hug You just get you feeling better, ok? How is the little furbaby doing?

I am on round 25 of my ever growing granny square blankie... and about a pound of yarn left to go. I better get at it!!! :crocheting

OMG!!! What a scary story! Thank goodness you are are ok!:eek

:hug:hug You just get you feeling better, ok? How is the little furbaby doing?

I am on round 25 of my ever growing granny square blankie... and about a pound of yarn left to go. I better get at it!!! :crocheting

Thank you! I'm not feeling too bad. I'm just really tired. Plus my arm is about twice it's normal size and hurts. According to the doctor, the swelling should be all but gone by tomorrow afternoon. The pain will probably last a few days, but that's all right.

Little Hank is doing well. He's so darn cute. The other cats are trying to get used to having him around. He keeps trying to play with them, but they aren't sure about that yet. There's a lot of hissing going on, but that doesn't deter Hank. :lol He's also an escape artist. He keeps trying to break out of the house. Hopefully he'll grow out of that soon. In other Hank news, he has put on a little weight. He's still skinny, but not as bony.

OMG, Nicole! :eek Thank goodness you're okay. Don't worry about the crocheting. Just get better. :hug And stay away from bees!!!!

so glad to hear that Hank is fitting in:manyheart AND filling in!!!!

I didn't do any :crocheting last night... so I am at Round 25 still. I have a lot to catch up on today.... Only 2 days left!:eek

Have a great day, all!:cheer:cheerWe can do it!!!!

Nicole - hope you get to feeling better soon. Sounds like you've had a lot to deal with recently.

I didn't get done nearly as much as I'd hoped. My best friend's kids spent the night Friday night and we all went to the pool on Saturday. Sunday was spent cleaning house and doing laundry.

I have only done about 15 rows of 60 on a baby ghan. I probably won't have much chance to work on it tonight as I am taking a night class at our local college and it starts tonight. This is a little intimidating since I have been out of school for 13 years.

My goal is to get another 15 rows done between tonight and tomorrw. Hopefully DH will have the kids fed and finished with their homework by the time I get home from class.

:cheerWTG to get it done, RatDog!:cheer

Jennifer - Good luck at school! :clap Just getting back after all that time is a major source of success in itself!

I have had too much gotta do's and "mom...can I have's" today to get anything accomplished so far :irk... Hopefully, I will get something meaningful accomplished on my ghan a little later on today:blush

I have only done about 15 rows of 60 on a baby ghan. I probably won't have much chance to work on it tonight as I am taking a night class at our local college and it starts tonight. This is a little intimidating since I have been out of school for 13 years.

You can do it, Jennifer. You have a huge advantage over the regular kids in the class. You're there because you want to be there and you're doing something you want to do. It makes a world of difference. :cheer

:yay Way to go Ratdog!!!! :yay

Linda - I'd stay away from those darn bees if I could! :lol I swear, people that are allergic let off a certain scent or something. Then the bees track them down!

Jennifer - Congrats on starting school!!!

I am nearly finished with my granny. It's ending up as a lap-ghan, and I will drop it off at the Senior Center or the Council of Social Concern tomorrow.

thanks, Nicole, for hosting again! I hope that you and Hank are continuing to mend!:hug:hug

Thanks, LeaAnne! :hug

When you all are ready, please post your totals in big, bold letters. I'll tally everything up Wednesday afternoon or Thursday morning. Thanks for all of your work. Sorry I wasn't able to be around more this time. Next month though, it is on!!! :lol

Wow, good job everyone. I guess I can just plan and plot for next month!!

Nicloe, yikes, bees! I am allergic to pretty much everything and keep an Epipen in my purse at all times. My friends and family all know how to administer it in case I can't.

And LeaAnn - I am SO ready for football. I get a lot of crochet done between September and January!!

Archived