August Charity CAL 8/19 - 8/24

nicolep

Come one, come all to the August Charity CAL!!!!

Please join us as we hand-make items for charity. Any items count as long as it goes to a cause you feel worthy. We'll share our triumphs and any frustrations that might come along the way.

Let me know if you have any questions! I look forward to seeing you all Thursday!!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to try. I'll still have out of town company but may get in a little bit (poor showing last month....). Just not enough hours in my day some days. I was RAOKED some lovely baby yarn so will be working on something baby related.

I think we cancelled our plans this weekend, looking to make some hats/scarves....in 90 degree heat. Or maybe settle on baby yarn 4" squares. I do plan to finish my baby blanket I"m currently working on, no matter what.

I'll do my best, but I have a question. My mom is doing a craft show (she crochets also) and all the money she raises will go to her church. Would that count as charity or does it need to be only things we donate?

Absolutely, the church fundraiser would be a great project for the charity CAL. Welcome!

Welcome aboard to the new and familiar faces for this month! I can't wait to get started. :yay

Hi Everyone!:D Welcome to the new people it is lovely to see new faces along with old friends!:) Thank goodness this CAL is this weekend!:hook All my crochet related get up and go... just got up and went :thinkand I have been looking for it ever since!:lol I have no idea what I am going to make:crocheting but I will definitely be here!:clap Thanks Nicole!:manyheart

Count me in, too. I haven't got a clue what I'll work on at this point, but I'll come up with something. :think Maybe some more preemie round ripples. :think Those were a lot of fun the last time I made them. :yes And I've got a whole shelf of baby yarns in my stash to pull from.

:( I don't think I am going to make it this month after all! Sorry :) I hope you all have lots of fun this weekend!:D

Oh, that's too bad. :hug Maybe you can cheer us on anyway. :cheer :cheer

I will be making a granny-ghan of medium azure and Lace in Caron Pounders. I hope that I will get to make something else, but am happy that I am doing something! :clap:clap

Have fun and Happy Stitching, all!

Archived