August Charity CAL 8/19 - 8/24

nicolep

I'm going to work on preemie stuff since it all gets delivered on 8/31. I doubt I get too much done though. My uncle passed away yesterday. The viewing is Friday and the funeral is Saturday.

Plus, I have a new member in the family (he might just be a visitor, I haven't decided yet). Here he is...Hank. :D

post-28827-135897563924_thumb.jpg

I found him on my porch last night with a bloody face probably due to a fight. He very skinny, too. I'm going to get the little guy healthy. If I can find someone who wants him, I'll let him go. Otherwise, he's probably at my house to stay. He such a sweetie. He's probably about 10 weeks old, but weighs less than two pounds. :(

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The charity CAL runs for 6 days each month, Thursday through Tuesday, usually around the 3rd weekend but not always. We all make and donate charity items. Any type of item you want to make to the organization of your choice. We share our progress and pictures and at the end of Tuesday we submit a list of what we accomplished. Nicole totals it all up for us and posts the results. It's great fun and not all conversation is about our charity or progress.

Welcome to the group, Quesandra! Glad to have you join us. Anything done for charity counts. It doesn't even have to be crocheted. Knitting and quilted things count to. It's a way for us to give back to our communities. And we have fun doing it together.

I am a bit Late to the party, but I did start a 'ghan yesterday that will go to Soldier's Angels "Blankets of Gratitude" project.

This project sends lapghans to Veterans in VA hospitals at Christmas (about 30,000 blankets per year!)

This is my fourth year participating in Blankets of Gratitude.

Okay from the post above from "ratdog" I've decided to check out Soldier's Angels....(only fair since I have two kids in the military - army & marine)....So my commitment is to join in and make something for "Blankets of Hope".

So, do I have to finish the pattern by tuesday, or these days are just days to give updates on what we are doing?

Sorry to hear about your loss, Nicole. :hug to you and your family.

I joined the Angel Graph CAL. http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=117005 Figured it would make a nice charity project. After receiving the graph, I tweaked it a bit for size purposes. I got the bottom 3 border rows done and should start on the graph part here in a bit. I decided to do mine in filet since I'm a little overwhelmed about changing colors and juggling the yarn balls. :P

I'm very sorry for your loss Nicole, you are in my prayers.

I am going to jump in this weekend. I'm doing my Surreybelle Scarf for donations. We always take them to my aunts church ministry outreach program for the homeless and other local places throughout the winter. So I think I'll get started now with those. It's a quick pattern and very pretty too. Also the Sweet Slipper for the Pink Slipper Project and maybe the seniors center in town too.

I ran out of the yarn I need for my Blanket (stupid me made the darn thing too long so now it will take twice as much yarn!)

It was pouring this afternoon so I did not get to the store for the yarn.

Now it is not raining but it is too close to our evening plans to get more yarn so the blanket will have to wait until tomorrow.

sorry for your lose,Nicole

it was the day of the traveling hook,made 6 4" squares waiting for sil to finiish up his work out at the Y,made 1 more waiting on dd getting her allergy shots

so a total of 7-4" squares

Archived