Ethics

Lefthook

Question

Is it ethical (or kosher, or allowable) to quit a project in the middle if you decide you just plain don't like it? (it's not a present or anything I promised someone I'd make). I think I know the answer but I need to hear somebody say it if I'm right.

Mods: I can't really figure where this goes so please feel free to move it.

11 answers to this question

Crochet should be a recreational activity. It it's not fun, Then it's not recreational. You have everyright to quit on a project when it no longer pleases you in any aspect. Since you are doing it for personal pleasure then go ahead and quit, then go on to something that does give you pleasure.

Happy Crocheting.

Thanks, everybody! That's the answer I wanted; I just wanted to know if I should feel guilty or not!

I've done it! Nothing more boring than working on something you really don't like, especially if its not a present or anything! FROG IT!!!!

The only reason I could even think of for feeling a apprehensive about ripping something out is if it was a pattern or project that was "assigned" to you (for instance you're a new crocheter and a friend, assistant, helper, mentor or teacher thought the pattern was "just perfect" for you...and after a while you don't agree. Other than that, it is totally up to you. Some of us have had UFOs hanging around for the longest time plainly because we didn't have the heart to frog it. If it isn't floating your boat......rip it and use the yarn for something else by all means.

Archived