I admit it -- I am a Pattern Junkie!

I am also a pattern junkie/hoarder. I cant stop buying them and I cant let the ones go that I know I will never use. I have patterns that I have inherited from my Mom and her friend so I know some of them I will never use, but I just cant let them go.

I just bought another pattern book the other day got home and found I already had TWO copies of it. I wish there was a way to log them into my BB for quick reference.

I am not a pattern junkie *yet*. I have only been crocheting for a month though and have only been practicing trying to keep things neat and such. I have yet to use a pattern but after I finish my big project the plan is to tackle a pattern so I fear I may soon be a pattern junkie as well. I was looking through books the other day to try to help me learn more about crocheting and if my husband was employed at the moment I would totally already have 2 books lol.

I think I need help. I've bought 5 bag patterns and a hoodie pattern in the last TWO days. :lol I need help making them! :rofl

:turtle:vheart

Is there a 12 step program for pattern addicts???? :think

I'm right there with you all--I have so many, I'll never have the time to make them but I have to have them just in case I need that particular pattern!!

If you find that 12 step program let me know! It would sure make hubby happy! lol I actually get mad when I go to Hobby Lobby or JoAnn's and they don't have any new patterns! I have all the books and free patterns and paid for patterns I can get. If I made everything I have a pattern for I'd have to live to be 300!:hook

I had told myself -- no more pattern books, pamphlets or downloads. I don't think I could possibly live long enough to crochet all of the ones I have bought already -- not to mention the hundreds of free patterns I have saved on my computer or printed out and put in binders.

But today, the call was too great. I crossed the line and hit that dangerous "BUY"" button for two new crochet books. Actually "new" is a misnomer, bother were older books no longer available in stores. I can usually resist new patterns, but when I find one that I love that I know is out of print, it gnaws at me until I can make it mine. I guess I am worried the last surviving pattern will be snatched up and I will never get to crochet the afghan, sweater, scarf, shawl, or whatever else it might be. Afghans are my particular downfall. If I were to crochet all of the afghan patterns I have now, I could blanket the country!

Today's fall was triggered by finding an unnamed crochet pattern book on ebay that included what I found to be called the "chapeaux afghan." I love those little hats! I won't buy from ebay when they don't list the book name, so after a little investigation, I found the pattern was in two different collections, Favorite Throws and Table Toppers to Crochet and the Big Book of Scrap Crochet Afghans. Both included some other wonderful patterns. I tried to weigh the merits of each but just could not decide. Both went into my cart and should be on their way to me soon. There went my resolve and the moritorium on buying any more crochet books seems to be lifted. I would be ashamed of myself if I weren't so excited about the impending arrival of these two books!

Anyone else a pattern junkie like me? Sometimes I just like to look through them the way some people probably look through books of paintings or sculpture.

If you have received your books yet then you have seen what a great book the Big Book of Scrap Crochet Afghans is! I have made many afghans from the book. Love it!!

*raises hand in shame* Add me to the list. It started when I was younger... and then got worse. I thought I had 'kicked the habit' but it has restarted. Began with free patterns... and now the books have started again!

I just got my latest... a 2002 Crochet Fantasy American Country Afghans today... bouhgt it for one pattern I knew was in and am now in love with all of them I think! The other pattern I bought should be here by the end of the week!

I have to admit the worst part is when you are looking for a new project and you get that "I know I have seen this somewhere" going and then you can not find what you were looking for but find 30 other things in the process to add to the pile!

I have to giggle at this thread as I have just recently picked up my crochet hooks again and the patterns I have collected (some free and some paid for) is amazing. Right now I am just working with thread as I have discovered I love thread crochet but that don't stop me from collecting other patterns too just in case I may want to make that someday....lol And not just crochet I learned to knit years ago so I sometimes save that knitted pattern too! I use to knit sweaters and 1 day mentioned to my hubby hey I wonder what that ultimate knitting machine is like? They say you can make sweaters fairly easily. Well Christmas morning I got a knitting machine with the extensions to it but here it is May and still in the box because I am loving the thread crochet so much. I will eventually learn the knitting machine as I would just feel too bad that he bought me that to not use it. lol So yes I am a pattern junkie as well and sorry this has turned into a book!! lol

Well let me on this band wagon. I love crochet pattern books especially afghans and squares. Any time a new square or stitch pattern book comes out, I'm there. I have promised myself over and over, you don't need anymore books and there I am ordering the newest one.

I too also just take them out and go through them all just enjoying all the patterns. :manyheart

Hello, my name is Anita & I am a Pattern Junkie.

The crazy thing for me is that no matter how many patterns I acquire, 9 times out of 10 when I go looking for a project I won't look in the patterns that I already have, I'll go looking for a NEW pattern...which turns up more patterns that I just have to have! LoL....I guess we could be addicted to way worse things, lol

Add me to the list. I knew I had a problem when a couple months ago I absolutely HAD to have a booklet of knitted christening gowns. Nevermind that both of my children are already baptized and that I'm not having more kids. Nevermind that there is probably no chance that I know anyone who will ever want me to make them a christening gown for their baby. I had to buy it anyway. Oh, and nevermind that I already have THREE separate sewing patterns for christening gowns.

• 2 weeks later...

I have 14 looseleaf binders filled with crochet patterns, a few knitting toy patterns, plastic canvas patterns sewing patterns (no clothing) and general craft patterns. I recently did cull out some patterns that I knew I would never in a million years make. I don't know why I even saved them. I was saving so many magazines and booklet with tons of patterns in them when I was interested in only 1 or 2 in each of them, So I decided to get rid of the magazines saving only the patterns that I was actually interested in. I put them in the binders under different topics, IE bazaar type items;- holiday;- hats, scarves gloves;-dolls;- plastic canvas;- toys and a few other categories. The patterns are in plastic protectors and The binders are in a couple of crates. I also have loads of them bookmarked on my computer. There is so much on my computer that I have no time to go through them.

Guilty as charged! If we're standing up to be counted, then count me in!

I have a huge collection, and there's no end in sight. I'm looking forward to the day that I'll have a craft room. My kids are in their teens, so it won't be too much longer! I may not even wait until they finish college to claim their rooms! :P

I'm exactly the same about patterns/books that are out of print. If there's something I really like in them, I can't let them go. :sigh WHEN would I ever make all these things?? I imagine built in shelves in my new craft room, and the books lined up like a library, with yarn on one side of the room and books on the other....or maybe I'd alternate them.....yes, I'm lost in dreamland again! :c9

Archived