Interweave Crochet!!!

Deb

I've been getting impatient ... and emailed Interweave about their 2005 Crochet issue. I got the following email today:

"Hi Deb,

Thank you for your kind words about our Crochet issue. You’re in luck, the 2005 Crochet issue just went to press and will be hitting newsstands Sept 7. We are considering doing the issue more than once a year, but do not have a final decision on that. Once that decision is made, information will be posted on the site, www.interweavecrochet.com Thank you for your support of Interweave, and let us know what you think of the new issue. It looks fabulous, but I am a little biased!"

Looks like the issue will be out soon!!! I can't wait!!!:cheer

I've got mine on preorder. I wonder if preorders get theirs earlier than newsstands like magazines subscriptions usually do?

Somebody posted that link to another board and of course I was lurking and found it. :lol

I'm trying to decide what to think-- some of the designs are nice, of course, but I guess I prefer lighter items and no hoodies/cardigans. (True, the magazine is coming out in the fall instead of the summer.) And...is it true some of the designs have knit in them too? No fair, this is a crochet edition. :P

Is it just me, or does that shell stitch hat make the model look coneheaded? Think I'll pass on that pattern...

That's exactly what I thought! It would look better on a little girl, I think.

I love that car coat and those socks! I'll definitely be getting this issue :)

I really liked the previous crochet issue, and this one looks very good too and I've already pre-ordered, but I wish they didn't include so much knit in the crochet patterns. I'm apprehensive that when the September 2005 issue arrives, it will turn out that several of the patterns I really love the look of actually have knitted parts to them. Not a problem for the crocheters who are also good knitters, but for the, ahem, stick-inept, it will be a problem again.

Thanks for the heads-up....I have been checking at Barnes & Noble daily....at least I don't have to keep wasting gas.

After seeing the preview I have to get my hands on it...love the prism shawl, the pirate coat, car coat and the hoodie...will make great christmas presents...problem is I have to many started projects right now...Oh what to do?:think.....but I just ordered the perfect yarn for that shawl:cheer

Just as a thought, does anyone know if Interweave Press fixed their leak where the credit card info of folks who ordered from their site got stolen? I WORK at a bookstore, but I don't know if we'll get the issue! I'm terribly hesitant to order off their website though, what with so many people getting their info stolen!

Thanks!

Archived