Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

I dont know, these people that try to get everyone to have more wips I tell ya. :rofl

Great idea, not sure what I could make at this stage. I tell ya what, you join us in the LTK(learn to knit afghan by Barbara Walker) on the Sky Cal and I will join you in this one. :rofl

Hmm interesting challenge! Well guess what YOU ARE ON! I have been trying to teach myself to knit unsuccessfully for a year now! So where can I find the info for this learn to knit ghan? (oh dear what have I done!)

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmm interesting challenge! Well guess what YOU ARE ON! I have been trying to teach myself to knit unsuccessfully for a year now! So where can I find the info for this learn to knit ghan? (oh dear what have I done!)

OH Crap :rofl

Ok I will have to sign up for your cal then wont I. :yes

Here is the info for the LTK and we even have a blog going.

You can get the book at amazon, ebay or your local library.

http://www.amazon.com/Learn-Knit-Afghan-Book-Barbara-Walker/dp/0942018133

This is where we are posting our colours and squares etc. You will have to see Krystal on the Sky Cal about posting there, but we are talking about it on the Sky Cal as well.

http://www.skyladiesltk.blogspot.com/

There are quite a lot of us doing it and most of us havent started yet as we are still waiting on the book or getting our yarn. I have my yarn but am waiting on the book, Im hoping it gets here tomorrow.

OH Crap :rofl

Ok I will have to sign up for your cal then wont I. :yes

Here is the info for the LTK and we even have a blog going.

You can get the book at amazon, ebay or your local library.

http://www.amazon.com/Learn-Knit-Afghan-Book-Barbara-Walker/dp/0942018133

This is where we are posting our colours and squares etc. You will have to see Krystal on the Sky Cal about posting there, but we are talking about it on the Sky Cal as well.

http://www.skyladiesltk.blogspot.com/

There are quite a lot of us doing it and most of us havent started yet as we are still waiting on the book or getting our yarn. I have my yarn but am waiting on the book, Im hoping it gets here tomorrow.

:( Well my book is going to be ordered on Friday from Amazon. Will decide on yarn once I dig thru my stash a little in the next day or so......I will also check out the sky cal to see what everyone is up to! Saw the blog and I'm thinking it may take me a month to do one square! :thinkHopefully this project will help because eventually my ultimate goal is to be able to knit the "Tree of Life Afghan". :crocheting

:( Well my book is going to be ordered on Friday from Amazon. Will decide on yarn once I dig thru my stash a little in the next day or so......I will also check out the sky cal to see what everyone is up to! Saw the blog and I'm thinking it may take me a month to do one square! :thinkHopefully this project will help because eventually my ultimate goal is to be able to knit the "Tree of Life Afghan". :crocheting

:lol I have ordered my Mile a minute afghan book on ebay and should get it next week sometime. I dont think I want to know what the Tree of life afghan is . Ok let me go look at it. :lol

Well I came in to tell you I'm almost finished with a WIP just to find out you ladies are discussing two new ones.

That tree of life looks amazing. I *might* be interested in it after the LTK.

The projects all look great.

The garden quilt just needs a border then it is done.

Mary over the last two weeks or so I've done 76 solids.

I plan on working on the border today.

Im going to show Mum the Tree of life pattern tomorrow. She needs another wip:lol

Oh sure. You're not content to corrupt us here, you also have to corrupt your poor mother. You're evil, evil I tell you :D

Thanks everyone for you nice compliments on my VVS and other work. It was really fun to do. I think I have about 10 rows done on the next one already. These rows go a little bit faster since there are less stitches in each row.

I start back to work full time Monday so crochet time will be cut way down until late April when I'm finished working for another year. Thankfully though I can crochet at work in any slow times. One of my bosses and 2 other co-workers also crochet....I'm an enabler!....and we have 2 new employees that I haven't met yet. Wonder how long it will take to corrupt---er, enable---them! Of course, they may already be addicted. I'll find out next week!

Good morning, everyone. Nope! :no No way! :no I am NOT joining the insanity of knitting an afghan! :no Even one as pretty as the Tree of Life. I haven't lost all my marbles yet. :no Good luck to you on the project. :D I've got too many of these saltine ghans in the works to want to knit one. Have fun.

Happy Thursday, Ladies. :manyheart

Heather, your Pinwheel ghan is gorgeous! I've added 17 solids and 8 bi-colors. :hook

Jessica ~ Making scarves for the boys is a great idea! I really like making them - at least something gets finished pretty fast. ;)

Linda M. ~ Your afghan is so pretty, as are your other projects. We love pictures. :D

Donna, I've added 76 more squares. Congratulations on nearly finishing! :cheer

And for all you enablers :devil, I only have 2 more rows on my IC border and refuse to be drawn into anything yet. Linda T. and I will stay strong. :lol

Im going to show Mum the Tree of life pattern tomorrow. She needs another wip:lol

Oh sure. You're not content to corrupt us here, you also have to corrupt your poor mother. You're evil, evil I tell you :D

That's just what I was thinking too :lol

Howdy to all you Happy House Ladies

Thought I'd jump in here and give a shout out to you . Hope all are doing well and still making those saltines .:)

I've been EATING saltines rather than making them .:yes

Hi!:clap

Archived