Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

Judy, you'd better be careful... somebody might call the ASPCY (American Society to Prevent Cruelty to Yarn) for your YARN ABUSE!!!!

:rofl

:lol :lol

Renee - I don't know if it's so much that people are inconsiderate or that they're just stressed and focused. At least that's what I tell myself although you're probably closer to the mark :lol

Finished my coasters finally :yay I should work on anything I'm gonna do for Christmas but that rug is really begging for attention for an hour or so til I go to bed :hook

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning. I missed you all yesterday. I had just left the house to run errands and I got a call that my sister's husband passed away earlier in the morning. She wanted everyone together and we drove to their lake home about 2 1/2 hours east of here. Anyway, we got home about 9 last night and will probably be going back tomorrow and then still take dinner to the parents on Thursday. Not sure if I can do all of this or not. :think:)

I know - way too much information...but if I'm not here much for the next few days, I will catch up when I can. :manyheart

Good Morning. I missed you all yesterday. I had just left the house to run errands and I got a call that my sister's husband passed away earlier in the morning. She wanted everyone together and we drove to their lake home about 2 1/2 hours east of here. Anyway, we got home about 9 last night and will probably be going back tomorrow and then still take dinner to the parents on Thursday. Not sure if I can do all of this or not. :think:)

I know - way too much information...but if I'm not here much for the next few days, I will catch up when I can. :manyheart

Oh, Mary! I'm so sorry to hear about his death. My prayers are with all of you. Hang in there. You can do it. :hug

I got the border on the crib quilt yesterday and crocheted several more inches of filet crochet on the last CAYLOR piece in addition to all the other normal everyday stuff that goes on. I got two more of the Christmas gifts bought last night, too. So things are looking up. I have to focus on "One Day at a Time" at this time of year or I go crazy. :juggle:2eek:juggle

Oh Mary I'm so very sorry about your BIL :hug Hang in there, honey. We're here to let off steam to when you need us :manyheart No such thing as TMI in here :D

Linda - Yep, definitely one day at a time around this time of year :hug Just think in January we'll all be wondering how we got all that free time :lol

Today is baking day for me! Banana and pumpkin bread....there goes my diet :lol Nope, have to leave some for everyone else too :devil Think I'm gonna fill in the breaks with something mindless which will be my rug. Wonder if I can get that done by Thursday? :rofl :rofl

Hi All,

Mary - My prayers are with you and your family. :hug

I hope everyone else is doing well.

I officially started vacation yesterday at noon. My ASM was demoted as SM and returned as my assistant. My life should return to normal shortly. After returning to work on Monday, I'll still have 7 days of vacation to take before Christmas. I am so looking forward to getting back into the groove on the ville and with my crocheting. I've just gotten out of bed since yesterday afternoon.

I've really missed you guys.

Will check back in later.

:hug Mary ~ You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. As Cara said, we are here for support, always. Take care of yourself! I hope your sister is surrounded by friends and family at this time to help her. Come back when you can.

Val ~ Sounds as though you really needed the rest. Hope you are feeling a little more caught-up by now. It will be nice to have you back with a bit more time to crochet, too.

Linda ~ You are making amazing progress on all of your projects. :yay

Take care, All!

Mary... My heart goes out to you and your family.

Has this happened to anyone else??? A couple of months ago, I found the clearance bit at Hobby Lobby. there was a chennel varigated for 2.10.. I bought about 8 skeins. Tonight I have been trying to find a stitch for a scarf that will look good with this yarn. I have started and pulled out SEVERAL attempts. I have not liked anything. The varigation just doesn't flow. Now, I don't know what to do with it.... I guess I will tuck it away and give it to my daughters next time they want to make something. I am soo bummed..

I am really trying to find a project to take to my sister's on Thanksgiving. I am sure all the "guys" will be playing Wii so it will be a great time to work on something while watching them... But I have finished all my christmas presents. and I don't want to mess with all the saltines?? What to do???

Thanks for listening.

Michele

:hugSo sorry to hear about BIL prayers for your sister and your whole family:hug

I have to say that I have never met a variegated that I didn't love. :lol However, Shelley's suggestion is a very good one. That, or find a stitch that breaks the "pattern" of the variegate up a little better - something with LSC or LDC that varies the height of the stitches in each row is often just the thing needed to do this.

Mary... My heart goes out to you and your family.

Has this happened to anyone else??? A couple of months ago, I found the clearance bit at Hobby Lobby. there was a chennel varigated for 2.10.. I bought about 8 skeins. Tonight I have been trying to find a stitch for a scarf that will look good with this yarn. I have started and pulled out SEVERAL attempts. I have not liked anything. The varigation just doesn't flow. Now, I don't know what to do with it.... I guess I will tuck it away and give it to my daughters next time they want to make something. I am soo bummed..

I am really trying to find a project to take to my sister's on Thanksgiving. I am sure all the "guys" will be playing Wii so it will be a great time to work on something while watching them... But I have finished all my christmas presents. and I don't want to mess with all the saltines?? What to do???

Thanks for listening.

Michele

Thanks for listening.

Michele

Yup, it's happened to me with a variegated ribbon yarn, but I just stashed it until I can find a better pattern to use with it. I've got a solid that varied in thickness a whole lot that I have to find a good pattern for, too. Putting it with a solid is what I've done with a lot of variegated yarn and that works great in regular afghans and especially in round ripples.

As for a project to take along for Thanksgiving, I frequently grab a thread crochet project since those take up so little room. Snowflakes and doilies make good take along projects in thread. Or if I need a lot of solid color saltines in one color, I'll take just a skein of that color and do those. Up to 3 skeins of yarn will fit in my project purse just fine. Add a gallon size zip top baggie for the saltines and I'm all set.

The top of the crib quilt is all together and turned out so cute! I'm very pleased with it. Next I have to get the three layers together and quilted. I'm going to practice that step with the preemie quilts before tackling the crib quilt. (Learn on something small.)

No saltines to report for me so far this week. Maybe tomorrow at the Thanksgiving gathering.

Hi everyone. You are the most wonderful, supportive friends. Thank you for all your kind words. :ghug My sister is doing really well and has a house full of children, grandchildren and a sister-in-law. This wasn't unexpected (ALS and Lymphoma), just sooner than expected so it's truly a blessing that he didn't have to suffer. After lots of discussion, we decided DH and I can be the most help by making sure our parents don't try to drive to the lake, so we are preparing dinner here and taking it to their house tomorrow. We'll go back to see her Friday or Saturday when the kids have left and we can be of some help.

Meanwhile, my house smells so good. The turkey is roasting in one oven and the ham in another. I made my cornbread stuffing and potatoes are boiling for mashed potatoes. We're doing our family's traditional side dishes and will prepare some of those at Mom's. :)

Gee, this is like an essay :blush ...I'll go back and read posts now.

:hug glad to hear that she is doing well as expected and has all the children and grandchildren there for support and comfort!!

OH boy my nose is trying to stretch that far to smell your kitchen with all the great smells going on!! Yummy! Makes me want to go and start cooking !:lol

I got the border on the crib quilt yesterday and crocheted several more inches of filet crochet on the last CAYLOR piece in addition to all the other normal everyday stuff that goes on. I got two more of the Christmas gifts bought last night, too. So things are looking up. I have to focus on "One Day at a Time" at this time of year or I go crazy. :juggle:2eek:juggle

Wow, Linda! It sounds like we'll get to see more wonderful pictures soon. :) I try to be a "one day at a time" person, too. Sometimes it works. :lol

Oh Mary I'm so very sorry about your BIL :hug Hang in there, honey. We're here to let off steam to when you need us :manyheart No such thing as TMI in here :D

Thank you, Cara. Are you all ready for tomorrow? Your family sounds like so much fun...will little Peyton be there? :c9

I officially started vacation yesterday at noon. My ASM was demoted as SM and returned as my assistant. My life should return to normal shortly. After returning to work on Monday, I'll still have 7 days of vacation to take before Christmas. I am so looking forward to getting back into the groove on the ville and with my crocheting. I've just gotten out of bed since yesterday afternoon.

I've really missed you guys.

Will check back in later.

We've missed you, too. :hug I hope you're getting lots of rest.

Mary I'm so sorry to hear about your loss :hug

I'd also like to add 35 more solids (I'm only posting this now so I don't forget to do it later...)

Hi Karen, 35 more added! Are you making another adorable baby ghan?

:hug glad to hear that she is doing well as expected and has all the children and grandchildren there for support and comfort!!

OH boy my nose is trying to stretch that far to smell your kitchen with all the great smells going on!! Yummy! Makes me want to go and start cooking !:lol

Thank you, Sheila. Yep, the smells are wonderful and doing this the day ahead takes the pressure off of having everything perfect and done at the same time. :D

One of these years I will have to visit USA at Thanksgiving to experience it. :D

I's gluttony at it's worst...not to mention that the men are ensconced in front of the TV watching American football!

Archived