Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HI everyone, have been slack coming in here as usual, Im sorry about that. Hope you are all well and have lots of projects to keep you all occupied.

Wendy

How are you??I was wondering where you were...Are you working on anything??

Shay ~ Gracie is a Cairn Terrier and will be about 12-14 pounds when grown. How is your Desert Star coming along?

Mary

I will look into that breed because she is so cute....has she been easy to train??

My Desert Star is rolling right along...the center is done and for now im working on solid color squares....will try to get a square count for you later today!!

Today I'm concentrating on laundry and my baby daisy which only has one square done :blush I'm supposed to start the Stained Glass Window afghan off the cover of 50 Sensational Afghans and Throws today as well. BDs grandmother gave me the book for my b-day so the plan is to make her that ghan for *her* b-day :D

I spent my time last night laying out some new quilt charts while waiting to get sleepy. I have it narrowed down to two to choose from that I'd also like to try to get done this month.

Hmmm, that's a rather ambitious list for the month isn't it? :think I didn't even finish last month's goal yet :rofl But at least I have what I want to work on laid out in my mind anyway :hook

Cara

WOW!!!!!Thats a huge list of things to do,you leave me in the dust...I buried myself before and swore i wouldn't do it again,NO starting new till im done with the old :yes

Cant wait to see your new quilt layouts!!

Everyone have a great day....I sleep during the day(till about 2:00pm) and stay up all night :blush

Good morning! It sunny and warm here today. My knee kept waking me up last night. Evidently I stood and stretched it too much yesterday cutting out the patterns and it let me know it. I finally ended up taking a pain pill and putting ice on it. Slept the rest of the night okay. I'll have to baby it today.

The plan is to sew the tops together, so that will work out well.

Rosie is happy to be home. Andrea & I even managed to give her a shower before she went to bed last night. Lots of laughter involved, but we got it done safely. :lol Melissa will be here on Thursday and is staying a week.

Good morning! It sunny and warm here today. My knee kept waking me up last night. Evidently I stood and stretched it too much yesterday cutting out the patterns and it let me know it. I finally ended up taking a pain pill and putting ice on it. Slept the rest of the night okay. I'll have to baby it today.

Rosie is happy to be home. Andrea & I even managed to give her a shower before she went to bed last night. Lots of laughter involved, but we got it done safely. :lol Melissa will be here on Thursday and is staying a week.

Try to rest that knee today! You don't want it hurting on vacation.

Hi to everyone! My Entrelac scarf is almost finished. It will take about 45 minutes to finish out the edge and corner. I'll post a picture of it for you all. I think those little squares should go toward the saltine count, too! :lol

After that's done, I'm going to spend more time working on the angel quiltghan for my mom. I think that I'm going to really focus on that for the next month or so. I'll have to take breaks to get birthday gifts and the like done, but I really want to try to have it done for mom's Christmas gift.

Take care everyone!

I'm sure you've said but who are Andrea and Melissa? :think Are they Rosie and John's daughters? I'm glad she's home now and I can only imagine she is doubly glad :D Take it easy on that knee today :hug

Try to rest that knee today! You don't want it hurting on vacation.

Hi to everyone! My Entrelac scarf is almost finished. It will take about 45 minutes to finish out the edge and corner. I'll post a picture of it for you all. I think those little squares should go toward the saltine count, too! :lol

After that's done, I'm going to spend more time working on the angel quiltghan for my mom. I think that I'm going to really focus on that for the next month or so. I'll have to take breaks to get birthday gifts and the like done, but I really want to try to have it done for mom's Christmas gift.

Take care everyone!

Good luck on the Angel :cheer Is the enterlac scarf a pattern from somewhere or did you make up your own?

I miss you all!!!

Hi Erin!! :hi

Mary - How's life treating you? Hopefully the drama/trauma has died down a bit :hug

I was planning to work on the Stained Glass window ghan and the baby daisy yesterday. Of course, that means I started a quilt instead :rofl :rofl I got the saltines for the first block made and the block about half sewn together :hook

Dunno how much I'm going to get done today though. My hands are stiff and sore :( Must be rain coming :yes

Good luck on the Angel :cheer Is the enterlac scarf a pattern from somewhere or did you make up your own?

I was planning to work on the Stained Glass window ghan and the baby daisy yesterday. Of course, that means I started a quilt instead :rofl :rofl I got the saltines for the first block made and the block about half sewn together :hook

Dunno how much I'm going to get done today though. My hands are stiff and sore :( Must be rain coming :yes

The scarf is from a class here at the 'Ville. It's little squares crocheted together in Tunisian fashion. It has been fun.

I have arthritis in my hands (yep, 28 years old with arthritis). I get sore and stiff when it's raining and/or cold, too.

Yes, Andrea and Melissa are Rosie and John's daughters. Andrea lives here in Cumming, but Melissa lives in Colorado. Andrea has two little girls, 3 & 5. Melissa has a little girl (5) and a little boy (1).

The knee is doing much better so far today. I've started sewing the first top together. It's slowly coming together. I've kind of forgotten how to sew on knits, so I'm having to relearn the tricks. :lol

Hi, Erin! :hi

The scarf is from a class here at the 'Ville. It's little squares crocheted together in Tunisian fashion. It has been fun.

I have arthritis in my hands (yep, 28 years old with arthritis). I get sore and stiff when it's raining and/or cold, too.

Thanks for the link :hug Yes, arthritis can strike early. Mine hit when I was 14 and I'm 43 now :P

Yes, Andrea and Melissa are Rosie and John's daughters. Andrea lives here in Cumming, but Melissa lives in Colorado. Andrea has two little girls, 3 & 5. Melissa has a little girl (5) and a little boy (1).

The knee is doing much better so far today. I've started sewing the first top together. It's slowly coming together. I've kind of forgotten how to sew on knits, so I'm having to relearn the tricks. :lol

Oh okay. Now I have the players straight :D I have a hard time sewing some knits. Some seem slinkier than silk! Of course, I'm not much of a seamstress either :lol

Hi, ladies:hug

Spent an hour and a half waiting in doctor's office with FIL today...

Mary, 27 solids, please...

...and I was able to join lots of them from my already-completed pile today:P

Happy Tuesday, Ladies. :)

Oh dear! :lol Thanks anyway but I do believe Tuon and Misa would become a trifle miffed at me if I did :rofl:cat

Okay, I'll tell Gracie she isn't coming - How about taking Zoe for a few days? :D I love the Stained Glass Window pattern! Were you able to find all the colors?

Sounds like you've got quite a list there, Cara.

Kim and I are up front this afternoon. So far, we've gotten one pattern cut out and I'm getting ready to start on the second one. The first one is rust colored and the second one is a loud floral print. I'm thinking of making one that uses the front and back of the first one with the sleeves of the second one. How's that for getting creative? :lol :lol

It will be fun to have new clothes to take with you! We'd love pictures when you're finished. :yes

Well I have been thinking about learning to Knit. :lol

Oh and Mom forgot to mention work, orchids, african violets, crochet, volunteer webmaster for two groups, and what's free time?

Hi Joy! I know you and your Mom will have a wonderful time together. :manyheart

Mary

I will look into that breed because she is so cute....has she been easy to train??

My Desert Star is rolling right along...the center is done and for now im working on solid color squares....will try to get a square count for you later today!!

Miss Gracie is a typical Cairn - they're smart and very independent, so I know they need a little more training than a lot of breeds. We're starting Puppy Obedience School next week. :lol Can't wait to see your next picture of the Desert Star!

I miss you all!!!

We miss you, too. :hug How is little Alex?

Hi, ladies:hug

Spent an hour and a half waiting in doctor's office with FIL today...

Mary, 27 solids, please...

...and I was able to join lots of them from my already-completed pile today:P

Hi Judy. I've added 27 more solids. Sorry about the long wait at the doctor's...thank goodness you had your crocheting with you. :yes

Howdy Mary! :hi Yes, I was able to find all the colors for the SG except the light mint. They don't make that one anymore I don't think. So I substituted Honeydew for it on Krystal's suggestion. It's a very time consuming square though. I don't see this one being done this month :lol

Hi Judy. I've added 27 more solids. Sorry about the long wait at the doctor's...thank goodness you had your crocheting with you. :yes

I know how things go at the doctor's...so I NEVER go there without a WIP bag :hookKeeps me calm, too.

Deep Breath...here is the latest photo of my Desert Star...I am so in love with this pattern Cara.

Now back to making more squares :P

Mary

Please add 11-Bicolor and 119 Solid

Excellent work Shay!! :clap:cheer

Oh, Shaylen, that is absolutely stunning! Gorgeous! Beautiful! Wow!!!

Rosie has had a busy day as the first full day home. The public health nurse was there for an hour and a half. John did the grocery shopping for the first time in a lot time and was in sticker shock. They swapped out the wheelchair for a smaller one that Rosie can maneuver on her own and that fits through the doorways. And she got her leg exercised for two hours tonight. A busy day.

I got the first top done and it looks nice and fits well. I'm pleased.

Deep Breath...here is the latest photo of my Desert Star...I am so in love with this pattern Cara.

Mary

That is very beautiful!

Hi, everyone! My Entrelac scarf is done. I'm very happy with it considering it's the first Entrelac item I've made.

Also, the ASPCA commercial showing the cats and dogs makes me cry every time I see it (it's on the TV right now). I realize the point is to pull at my heart strings, but it just breaks my heart! :(

post-28827-135897412978_thumb.jpg

post-28827-135897412982_thumb.jpg

Hi, everyone! My Entrelac scarf is done. I'm very happy with it considering it's the first Entrelac item I've made.

That's fabulous Nicole!! :clap

Mary

Wow! I can't get over how beautiful the color combo is!:clap:cheer

Also, the ASPCA commercial showing the cats and dogs makes me cry every time I see it (it's on the TV right now). I realize the point is to pull at my heart strings, but it just breaks my heart! :(

Gorgeous!!:clap:clap I haven't tried that yet, either....one day...maybe:D

And ditto on the commercial. ASPCA is one of our fav charities:yes

Just beautiful!

Hello Everyone!

I have not been on in a good while. I have missed soo much. I have skimmed thru some of the posts and I must the work is beautiful. You ladies are sooo talented.

Linda, your doll is so cute!

Mary, your dog is such a cutie. Make me want one.

Tam, hotpad too cute!

I am going to post more often. I have been sadly lacking crochet time but I will make an effort to get some in.

Have a wonderday!

Howdy ladies :flower

How is everyone this fine day? :D

Had another rough night last night :( Was up until 7 this morning. My stomach was killing me. I was feeling rather sorry for myself and bemoaning "What is it about Tuesdays? I am sick to my stomach every Tuesday night?" :( Then it dawned on me! Tuesday is the day I take my RA med and it upsets my tummy :oops Boy, did I feel stupid :lol

All better after a long nap though and I'm ready to spend some time with my hook after chores :hook

Archived