Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi everyone..........

it has been forever since I posted on this thread.

I hope you dont mind if I pop in again and play. I finished my first quiltghan and gave it to a friend .... I am now just starting my second...that I think will just be a fun blanket for the boys. My 10yr old came home with this graphed out picture from doing math problems... and I thought it was so cute. Cute enough in fact to be a small quiltghan....... so........... I have one solid square done as of right this minute... hehehehehe

This is the graph picture I'm working from.......

[ATTACH]1814[/ATTACH]

:heart

:mug

That will make an adorable cuddle quiltghan.

They gave John a shot and a prescription. Said it's a viral chest infection.

He's gone to Wal-Mart for some things and then heading home.

That is precious! It will probably be even more special since you're son "designed" the ghan.

I'm rather anxious to see how this turns out... if its as cute as I think it will be... I may make more with different color backgrounds for gifts.

Tam, that is so cute, can't wait to see it. :hook

heheheheh... me too.

That will make an adorable cuddle quiltghan. quote]

I think so too............. :hook

Hi everyone..........

it has been forever since I posted on this thread.

I hope you dont mind if I pop in again and play. I finished my first quiltghan and gave it to a friend .... I am now just starting my second...that I think will just be a fun blanket for the boys. My 10yr old came home with this graphed out picture from doing math problems... and I thought it was so cute. Cute enough in fact to be a small quiltghan....... so........... I have one solid square done as of right this minute... hehehehehe

This is the graph picture I'm working from.......

[ATTACH]1814[/ATTACH]

:hi Tammy!!! My kids used to bring these home all the time & I never thought to use them for this! I hope Michael is feeling a bit better! :hug

:hi Tammy!!! My kids used to bring these home all the time & I never thought to use them for this! I hope Michael is feeling a bit better! :hug

I have a boxes of school papers from the younger ones packed away... I just may have to go digging for more patterns.. hehehehe :hook

Michael is having a rough run this time.... he has completely relapsed and been pushed back to the beginning with the prednizone. He's hangin' in there though... he's my little super hero. :manyheart

Good Morning Sisters,

Got home late last night. Had to do a special order for a customer in regards to her photo CD.

I'm off to work. I have to open today but I'll be home way before dark.:yes:yay

I close tomorrow and I'll have a long 3 day week end.:yay:yay I have a life again.:lol:lol

Have a great day and weekend, Valerie. :hug

Having slept the clock around for two days, I'm finally getting back to a more normal sleep schedule (8 1/2 - 9 hours). My back is better today, too. I'll be working on charity projects for most of the next 5 days. I've got about 9 inches done on the back of Kim's new summer sweater. The ribbing and first row or two of the crocheting were definitely the worst of it. Once the pattern is started the only thing I have to be careful of is forgetting the cluster stitch. It leaves a bigger hole when I forget it. I've been able to fix all but one so far.

Have a great day, everyone. :manyheart

Valerie ~ It is so nice to have frequent messages from you. You sound much happier after your time off, and life seems to be sailing along smoothly for you -- Enjoy :clap

Tam ~ What a cute pattern your son brought home for you. I, too, am anxious to see how you like it crocheted with saltines. Cuddles with that pattern would make the most adorable baby gifts :manyheart

Linda ~ Hope John is feeling better after taking the Rx. Are you and Kim still feeling chipper? Hang in there :hug

Hope everyone is having a good Thursday! Today, the older DD is attending a birthday party, and I offered to take a couple of the little siblings to a playground, so the birthday boy can have a special afternoon. Me and 6 pre-schoolers at the playground...should be a blast! Tomorrow, the youngest has a graduation program, and I can hardly wait to see the program on which the students have been working for so many weeks -- I just love enthusiastic-ly singing children's voices. We are spending the Memorial Day weekend with my parents at their time-share condo. I am looking forward to relaxing on the deck, grilling a couple of meals, swimming with the girls, and visiting three LYS clustered around the condo property. Hmmm, wonder what I will find to carry home :dreaming. I had better grab my binder of WIMs and plan around particular projects :yes Yaaay, new yarn :yarn

:sun

Hi Everyone. :) I've been doing more lurking than posting lately. :blush Maybe now that DH is in town for a while, I'll have a little crochet time and get to visit here more, too. :yes

Cara, I hope you're feeling better today. :manyheart

Hi Tam! What a wonderful idea for a saltine project. :hook

Dusti ~ Your weekend sounds lovely. Enjoy!

Linda ~ Can't wait to see Kim's sweater. What yarn are you using?

I know I've missed some of you. :hug I'll do better! ;)

Hello ladies :flower

Valerie - It's so great that you're getting something more resembling a normal life :hug

Linda - Is the sweater crochet or knit? Hope John's feeling better.

Dusti - Sounds like you have a great weekend lined up :clap

Mary - How's little Miss Gracie doing these days? I bet you're glad to have DH home for a bit now :hug

Feeling a bit better today. Still not good but better :lol Bad enough that I canceled my Thursday out :( Hopefully one more day of this and it'll be done :yes

Hi everyone! Getting ready to get started on baby hats for the charity weekend.

I gave myself a black eye while I was working in the yard. I can barely see out of the thing. It's only slightly embarassing. :blush

Poor Nicole! How did you manage that?

Glad you're on the mend, Cara.

I went to the hospital to see Rosie this afternoon. She looks a lot better than she did on Sunday. You can see she has a nose now and the bruising isn't nearly as bad as what I expected. Her arm has a solid cast on it now and isn't bothering at all, aside from not being able to use it, of course. She said her nose hurt at about a 3 out of 10. Same for her leg when she was at rest. Of course she is still on morphine every two hours for the pain in it, but she was much more clear headed and able to move to the commode and chair with assistance. She's going to be going to a nursing home/rehab center until she is more mobile. She thought that would be happening tomorrow. She has to be on less pain medication and much more mobile before she can come home. But, as I said, she is heaps better than she was on Sunday. I've been relaying all your good wishes and prayers on to her every day. She says to tell you, "Many Thanks! :hug"

Poor Nicole! How did you manage that?

Glad you're on the mend, Cara.

I went to the hospital to see Rosie this afternoon. She looks a lot better than she did on Sunday. You can see she has a nose now and the bruising isn't nearly as bad as what I expected. Her arm has a solid cast on it now and isn't bothering at all, aside from not being able to use it, of course. She said her nose hurt at about a 3 out of 10. Same for her leg when she was at rest. Of course she is still on morphine every two hours for the pain in it, but she was much more clear headed and able to move to the commode and chair with assistance. She's going to be going to a nursing home/rehab center until she is more mobile. She thought that would be happening tomorrow. She has to be on less pain medication and much more mobile before she can come home. But, as I said, she is heaps better than she was on Sunday. I've been relaying all your good wishes and prayers on to her every day. She says to tell you, "Many Thanks! :hug"

I was opening a bag of marble chips to go into my pathway. I was wearing gardening gloves and my hand slipped off the bag. I hit myself in the face. The swelling has gone down a lot. It is sore, but not terrible.

I'm glad to hear that Rosie is doing at least a little better. She continues to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Just a flyby. Going to bed. I don't have to be at work until 1:30 but I might go in early so that I can get a lot done and not have to go there at all during my long weekend. My DM told me I was getting and ASM. He said "She" ! If it's who I think it is, she is great. I helped train her. Life is getting better and better.

Dusti & Cara, I am much happier because I get to reach out to you guys. Crocheting and Crochetville is to me what a glass of wine is to others.

Thanks everybody for the well wishes.

Glad Rosie is on the mend.

I'll check back tomorrow. Good night all.

It's me again. Good morning. I'm doing a trade off today and going in early to train the shift supervisor and get ahead. I'm not due at work until 1:30 this afternoon. However, I'd rather give up this morning and enjoy 3 days of uninterrupted:hook. I do not plan to go anywhere near my store over the 3 day holiday.

It feels good to do it because I choose to and not because I have to.

You ladies have a good day and I'll check back in after my shift tonight.:hug

Have a great day, Val!:hug

Linda, that's such good news about Rosie:manyheart

Nicole...as one who is very accident prone I can assure you you WILL get strange looks! No one ever believes those stories...:lol I hope the eye gets back to normal soon:hug

Glad to hear the eye is doing better, Nicole. It sounds just like the kind of thing I am prone to do. I can trip going up stairs, on a invisible crack in the ground, etc. with the greatest of non-grace.

John is going in to work for a while this afternoon. He doesn't know how to take off work. He's always checking and answering his emails while on vacation and when he very rarely is home sick. :think Oh, well.

I have an errand to run this morning, then it's relaxing and/or taking care of Kim the rest of the day.

Good Morning, all. :hi

Mary - How's little Miss Gracie doing these days? I bet you're glad to have DH home for a bit now :hug

Feeling a bit better today. Still not good but better :lol Bad enough that I canceled my Thursday out :( Hopefully one more day of this and it'll be done :yes

Hi Cara. I hope today is a much better day for you. :hug Gracie is fine, thank you. She is very busy and cute as can be. We're going a little longer each night between potty trips. :lol

Hi everyone! Getting ready to get started on baby hats for the charity weekend.

I gave myself a black eye while I was working in the yard. I can barely see out of the thing. It's only slightly embarassing. :blush

Oh Nicole - so sorry about your black eye. :manyheart I'm really good at having "gardening accidents"...so I totally understand. :yes

It's me again. Good morning. I'm doing a trade off today and going in early to train the shift supervisor and get ahead. I'm not due at work until 1:30 this afternoon. However, I'd rather give up this morning and enjoy 3 days of uninterrupted:hook. I do not plan to go anywhere near my store over the 3 day holiday.

You ladies have a good day and I'll check back in after my shift tonight.:hug

Valerie, you sound so good! It's great that things at work are finally better! :)

Linda ~ I hope you get lots of crochet time this weekend. Is this the charity blitz week?

I hope to start the border for the Penguin later. :hook I'm always slow, but this is getting ridiculous. :lol

Here is the updated scorecard. Please let me know if any changes need to be made. :hook

Cara (Misa)

Denise (denisethorpe) 1616

Linda M. (mizmo) 1523

Sunny (sunnyvale) 1417

Cathy (crashcat07) 1354

Shelly (Super Granny) *** 1325

Wendy (Aussie) ***1298

Laura Lee (Klutzandme) 1276

Heather (hseger) 1256

Tracy (tracystroebel) *** 1110

Mary (Skysmom) *** 1033

Val (Priszm) 1008

Linda (busy-bee-lmt) ***932

Karen (econ-nerd) *** 755

Shay (Shaylen) 682

Kristy (alchemyfyr) 638

Valerie (luvtocrochet757) 630

Erin (EMedley) 567

Carla (Carla’s Crochet) 481

Dusti (rii698) *** 448

Judy (judianne) 327

Leighanne (mommy neel) 304

Suzanne (LavenderBear) 304

Kidge (Kidget29) 297

Tammy (TammyG) 268

Mel (DreamsOfYarn) 210

Selanda (crocrazy) 206

Brenda (BrendaR) 168

Jessica (jessicagil) 167

Carla (canostreasures) 166

Donna (sewnsew) *** 164

Sharon (CandEsMom) 153

Julie (JulieKay) 119

Cherri (Cherri) 108

Pickles (ThoseDarnPickles) 103

Tam (teakaycee) 72

Renee (renegade) 70

Nicole (nicolep) 38

Shelby (alwayscrafting) 12

Laurie (LaurieE) 3

*** 2000 Squares Winner

Valerie ~ It is so nice to have frequent messages from you. You sound much happier after your time off, and life seems to be sailing along smoothly for you -- Enjoy :clap

Tam ~ What a cute pattern your son brought home for you. I, too, am anxious to see how you like it crocheted with saltines. Cuddles with that pattern would make the most adorable baby gifts :manyheart

Linda ~ Hope John is feeling better after taking the Rx. Are you and Kim still feeling chipper? Hang in there :hug

Hope everyone is having a good Thursday! Today, the older DD is attending a birthday party, and I offered to take a couple of the little siblings to a playground, so the birthday boy can have a special afternoon. Me and 6 pre-schoolers at the playground...should be a blast! Tomorrow, the youngest has a graduation program, and I can hardly wait to see the program on which the students have been working for so many weeks -- I just love enthusiastic-ly singing children's voices. We are spending the Memorial Day weekend with my parents at their time-share condo. I am looking forward to relaxing on the deck, grilling a couple of meals, swimming with the girls, and visiting three LYS clustered around the condo property. Hmmm, wonder what I will find to carry home :dreaming. I had better grab my binder of WIMs and plan around particular projects :yes Yaaay, new yarn :yarn

:sun

I'm really anxious to get this one done.

I have 9 whole saltines done so far... LOL.

I had my youngest grandbaby the last couple days... and with my 10yr old being ill.. didnt get much crochet time in.

so I'm hoping now to get moving on the saltines for this one!

Hi Everyone. :) I've been doing more lurking than posting lately. :blush Maybe now that DH is in town for a while, I'll have a little crochet time and get to visit here more, too. :yes

Cara, I hope you're feeling better today. :manyheart

Hi Tam! What a wonderful idea for a saltine project. :hook

Dusti ~ Your weekend sounds lovely. Enjoy!

Linda ~ Can't wait to see Kim's sweater. What yarn are you using?

I know I've missed some of you. :hug I'll do better! ;)

hehehehhe... yeah... I thats what I thought too.

I think I'm going to dig around in old school papers for more pics. :hook

Thanks for the update, Mary. :hug

I talked to my daughter last night. I'm going up to see her and my grandson in two weeks and will be there a week. She had marked the days I'll be there in blue on the calendar and when he asked her what the blue squares were, she told him I was coming for a visit. His response was, "Grandma Linda's coming! Oh, boy!" And then he started counting the number of days I'd be there. Made me feel so very good. I even bought a new swimsuit in honor of the visit. The first in at least 10 years, I think. It was time. :lol :lol :lol

Here is the updated scorecard. Please let me know if any changes need to be made. :hook

Tam (teakaycee) 72

Ummm... I've forgotten how this works... but here's my story... hehehehe

the 72 you have me down for are done ... put into a ghan and given away. I have started a new one and have a huge amount of 9 saltines done... heheheheheheheeee:D

So... I guess my count needs to change?

I'm so very glad to hear she's on the mend! That must've been some fall! I hope she gets to get out of the hospital very soon :hug Still sending good vibes her way :manyheart

I was opening a bag of marble chips to go into my pathway. I was wearing gardening gloves and my hand slipped off the bag. I hit myself in the face. The swelling has gone down a lot. It is sore, but not terrible.

Sounds like something I would do :lol I'm glad it's improving :hug

Just a flyby. Going to bed. I don't have to be at work until 1:30 but I might go in early so that I can get a lot done and not have to go there at all during my long weekend. My DM told me I was getting and ASM. He said "She" ! If it's who I think it is, she is great. I helped train her. Life is getting better and better.

Dusti & Cara, I am much happier because I get to reach out to you guys. Crocheting and Crochetville is to me what a glass of wine is to others.

Oh how wonderful!! I'm crossing my fingers, toes and eyes that you get the ASM you're hoping for :cheer After all you've gone through the past year you definitely deserve to have an easier time of it :hug And yes, Crochetville is a fabulous place! I'd have been in the loony bin by now without y'all :manyheart And that's no exaggeration :lol

I wish you a fabulous day and a trouble free 3 day weekend :hug

[quote name='judianne;1744315

Nicole...as one who is very accident prone I can assure you you WILL get strange looks! No one ever believes those stories...:lol I hope the eye gets back to normal soon:hug

I'm so glad I'm not the only one :lol

Glad to hear the eye is doing better' date=' Nicole. It sounds just like the kind of thing I am prone to do. I can trip going up stairs, on a invisible crack in the ground, etc. with the greatest of non-grace.

[/quote']

:rofl :rofl My mom used to call me "Grace" all the time. She said I was the only person she ever met who could trip over their own shadow :rofl

Good Morning, all. :hi

Hi Cara. I hope today is a much better day for you. :hug Gracie is fine, thank you. She is very busy and cute as can be. We're going a little longer each night between potty trips. :lol

I hope to start the border for the Penguin later. :hook I'm always slow, but this is getting ridiculous. :lol

I'm glad Gracie is getting to be a "big girl" and can hold her water :lol What is this? Penguin number 3 for you? :hook

hehehehhe... yeah... I thats what I thought too.

I think I'm going to dig around in old school papers for more pics. :hook

I would! :yes You've got a budding little designer on your hands :D

I talked to my daughter last night. I'm going up to see her and my grandson in two weeks and will be there a week. She had marked the days I'll be there in blue on the calendar and when he asked her what the blue squares were, she told him I was coming for a visit. His response was, "Grandma Linda's coming! Oh, boy!" And then he started counting the number of days I'd be there. Made me feel so very good. I even bought a new swimsuit in honor of the visit. The first in at least 10 years, I think. It was time. :lol :lol :lol

Oh how wonderful is that!! :manyheart Is this Joy you're going to visit? She's such a hoot :D

I cannot believe this but I did not wake up until 3:03!! :eek:faint I have no idea why I slept that long. I could've sworn when I looked at the clock it was 11:15 and I was going to get up. I must've drifted off again :blush

I woke up to a bed full of kitties though :manyheart I was laying on my side and Tuon was up against my tummy and Misa was in the crook of my legs :manyheart I was surprised by that because Tuon usually won't let Misa on the bed :rolleyes

I fear though that we might be bringing four, yes FOUR, more kitties into the house. We have a domestic cat that showed up about 5 months ago. She has on a collar. I could tell if she was a girl or a neutered male though. I don't let male cats in the house. I can't handle that spraying thing :2nono

Anyway, I thought she belonged to someone in the neighborhood so I didn't bring her in. She's very sweet and loving. We call her Sugar :D Well, we now know that she's female because she had kittens! :eek

She's made a home under our back deck. I hate to leave little kittens outside. I'm afraid they'll get run over. We live on a very busy street and we're on the corner.

BD's falling in love though so they might be coming inside. That's all I need. SIX cats to care for :rofl I love being married to a cat person but it can get a little crowded in here :lol I think I need a group plan at the vet :rofl

Anyway, enough of that. I actually made some progress last night on my nine patch border. :yay I'm down to the last 3 rows. :hook Amazing what one can get done if one stays off the computer :blush

I think whatever has been making me feel bad has turned into a full blown head cold or, more than likely, a sinus infection. My head feels two sizes too big and I can't feel the left side of my face. I can smile and all the other tests so it's not a stroke :lol My sinus infections have a tendency to travel down into my face. It's happened several times. I have some antibiotic here that I might start :yes

Have a very happy day y'all! :manyheart

Archived