Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

Hi, everyone. Kim and I just got back home from running errands. Actually we took Kim to get her nails done for Mother's Day. That's always an interesting project. Sometimes she fights the gals and sometimes she cooperates just fine. Today was one of her better days, although she did some pulling away from them. We dropped off library books, went to the bank, got gas, and went out to eat at Captain D's also. Now it's time to take it easy and watch a movie or two on TV. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.:manyheart

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linda, we had a busy day today, too. I might get some rest on Monday!

Have a happy Mother's Day tomorrow!

Linda,

I admire how you not only take care of Kim's "needs", but also take care to make her life interesting and fun. I hope if I ever need care someday that there's someone as compassionate and loving as you in my life. :yes :yes

Linda,

I admire how you not only take care of Kim's "needs", but also take care to make her life interesting and fun. I hope if I ever need care someday that there's someone as compassionate and loving as you in my life. :yes :yes

Hear hear! :yes

Happy Mother's Day to all of my mom friends:flower

The girls and DH out-did themselves this year. I am awake before they are this morning, and when I reached the kitchen, I was amazed at the number of pots being held up by the dining room table :lol I see raspberry bushes, Lantana, Amaria, Phlox, a hydrangea bush, and two pots from school holding a violet and zinnia seeds (or so the attached card says). Ooh, I just love colorful flowers in the gardens :yay Really, we do not have any plans for the rest of the day. It rather looks as though my gang is thinking about working in the yard, what with all of the plants they are giving me, but the rest of the day will be calm. I have an easy dinner planned, and breakfast is already baking in the oven. I just know they are going to try to give me "the whole day off," and that "You can go and crochet, Mommy," but I know that comes after, "Will you help me find Teddy's fairy wings," and "I will go outside to play, if you will help me put my boots and coveralls on." I love 'em to death, but they're still little and do not realize sitting and crocheting cannot be done simultaneously with chores. That's okay, I do not really mind; it is the thought that counts :manyheart

I finished up two more dollies I was working on for the girls. A few of the parts have been sitting around here for weeks, and I just did not get my act together and assemble them. Well, last night, the little hats were finished, and the smiles were embroidered into place. Whew :whewIt must be time to look at the WIP collection and dive right in -- it's been a good month for finishing :yes

Have a good Sunday!

Good Morning, all. Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms! :flower

I'm going to have to be a late comer for the saltine count. I can already tell that getting them done is going to be an issue. I'm all about it right now, but after doing it for a few weeks, I'll get bored! :sigh

I started the angel last night. I did 15 of them before I moved on to another project. My step dad's birthday is Tuesday. I have to get his afghan done by then!!!

Hi Nicole! Not everyone joins the squares contest...just let me know if you want me to add your name. :hook

I made 40 more solids today and then took the evening off from crocheting to make some jewelry. I made a pretty necklace and a bracelet I absolutely adore for myself and a bracelet for my mother for Sunday. I also decided that I would give her the Gingham blanket on Sunday so that she will be able to use it this summer camping instead of waiting for Christmas. Just have to come up with something else for Christmas now, lol.

I know your Mom will be thrilled with the quilt ghan. :yes Your jewelry sounds lovely, too. I've added 40 more solids.

Dusti ~ it sounds like you're having a wonderful day! My crochet time is about zero lately because of Little Miss Gracie, but we're enjoying her so much. :yes

Hi Linda! I agree with Krystal - you are amazing. :manyheart I hope you have some time for yourself today.

We were supposed to go to brunch with DD and her DH and his family. Since Gracie is still needing to go out at least every 2 hours, we're staying here. She loves her crate and slept longer last night. :clap

Hi Nicole! Not everyone joins the squares contest...just let me know if you want me to add your name. :hook

Thanks, go ahead and add me! I'm so glad I found this group. :clap

I finished my step dads afghan last night. I'm going to work on the quilt somemore today.

Happy Mother's Day to all of my mom friends:flower

Have a good Sunday!

What a sweet Mother's Day gift from your kids! I would have cried like a baby.

My wish for today is that one of the cats will mow the yard. I'm not holding my breath though!

Kristy -

What kind of jewelry do you make?

I hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day.

Good afternoon, everyone. And thanks for all the kind words. Kim and John are treating me to lunch out today and John is cooking a pork roast with trimmings for dinner. I'm going to get my nails done this afternoon. (Curtesy of John and Kim.) And I think I'll maybe go see "The Soloist" at the movie theater.

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day ladies :flower

Sounds like everyone is having a lovely day so far :manyheart

We didn't get any cleaning done yesterday at all :P I was hoping we would today but it's not looking like it at this point :lol Oh well, maybe I can work on it during the week some :yes

But I must get the laundry and a couple of errands done today no matter what. So that's something anyway :D

I wish each and every one of you a glorious day :manyheart

Cara, you play Wow? I am starting, but need to select a realm, which do you recommend? :D

Yes, I play WoW occasionally. Not near as much as I used to though. I'm on Shu'Halo realm.

Cara, and which race? It says can interactive with same kind, please?

Race is totally up to you. I have Alliance characters and Horde characters. :yes

It's a fun game though especially at the beginning :D

Hope everyone is having as nice a day as I've had. Went to lunch at a Greek restaurant, had my nails done, went to see "The Soloist" (which I enjoyed at lot) and even snuck in a trip to Michaels where I got 16 skeins of Cashmere for 99 cents a skein. I'm going to use it for a shawl or sweater. I also got some calligraphy pens to play around with. I used to do it on a halfway regular basis, but haven't done any in quite a few years now. Another of my 'friends of the library' books, was of lots of different calligraphy alphabets.

Hope everyone is having as nice a day as I've had. Went to lunch at a Greek restaurant, had my nails done, went to see "The Soloist" (which I enjoyed at lot) and even snuck in a trip to Michaels where I got 16 skeins of Cashmere for 99 cents a skein. I'm going to use it for a shawl or sweater. I also got some calligraphy pens to play around with. I used to do it on a halfway regular basis, but haven't done any in quite a few years now. Another of my 'friends of the library' books, was of lots of different calligraphy alphabets.

Oh, a Greek restaurant - love Greek food. I make some, but it takes forever to do.

And WTG on the Cashmere! Is it a chain-wide sale....I haven;t seen their ad yet.

You deserved a nice day - I'm so glad it went well for you:hug

Well, off to make a few saltines before bed.

Kristy -

What kind of jewelry do you make?

I hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day.

I make bracelets, necklaces, and earrings with glass beads, Swarovski crystals, or gemstones. I have only worked on it for a few months but love it. I am helping my brother's fiance make her bridesmaids jewelry as our gifts. It's so much fun to be creative and I can make jewelry to match outfits. We are waiting to hear if our offer has been accepted on a house and if we get the house I get my own craft room. I'll have separate work areas for my jewelry, my knitting and crocheting, and my scrapbook and cardmaking. I can't wait!!! I am trying to get enough made to do a show by the end of the summer.

I hope you all had a nice Mother's Day! My hubby had to work last night, then got overtime today and is working tonight as well so I will finally get to see him tomorrow. He did tell me that I can do the lanscaping in front of the house....creating two garden beds with retaining walls and a bunch of flowers. It will look so nice!!

I took my kids to see my parents and we spent the day with them. They had a lot of fun although my 1 yo fell and cut his mouth pretty bad while we were planting flowers. My mother loved the Gingham afghan and knew immediately that it was for the camper because of all the browns.

Off to crochet now!

Kristy, good luck on the house. It would be wonderful to have a craft room. Sounds like you do lovely work in lots of areas.

John will be off to L.A. tomorrow for client visits. He'll get back on Friday and his folks are coming here on Friday, too. They'll be here for a 4 day weekend and his dad's attending a reunion in the area, too.

My reorganizing of the downstairs is coming along. All the big stuff is done, moved, whatever, and now it's on to the small stuff. Like sorting out all the clothes that are too big now that I've lost quite a bit of weight. And all the books that I've read and don't want to save for rereading or have tried to read and can't get into. :lol

craftteamum....welcome to the group ....Cara's(Misa) site is very addicting .... everyone who comes here is very helpful ... and it's a wonderful bunch of girls.... if you don't mind what is your name? we tend to get friendly and use first names alot....

Cara .... now you're getting Denise into WOW ... aren't the saltine ghans enough? ... have you been watching Wendy? you could be turning into an enabler

Kristy - I hope you get the house. How exciting! I bought my first house just after Thanksgiving last year. I have all sorts of space for my crafts now. It's fantastic. :c9

Linda - Congrats on the weight loss.

craftteamum - I just joined this thread last week. Welcome aboard!

I got my first to rows of the angel afghan done yesterday. I sewed them together. I had just finished off the yarn and realized that I sewed one of the squares on the wrong side. I had to cut it off and flip the squares around and sew it back on. I was a little frustrated, but not a biggie. Lesson learned though! I'll definitely be more careful the next time.

Have a great Monday everyone!

I got my first to rows of the angel afghan done yesterday. I sewed them together. I had just finished off the yarn and realized that I sewed one of the squares on the wrong side. I had to cut it off and flip the squares around and sew it back on. I was a little frustrated, but not a biggie. Lesson learned though! I'll definitely be more careful the next time.

Nicole, we've all done that on occasion. :lol

Crafteemum, welcome to the group.:welcome Glad to have you join us.

I had just finished off the yarn and realized that I sewed one of the squares on the wrong side. I had to cut it off and flip the squares around and sew it back on. I was a little frustrated, but not a biggie. Lesson learned though! I'll definitely be more careful the next time.

I see you've joined the club:lol:lol

Happy Monday, everyone! :)

Nicole ~ I've added you to the scorecard with 15 solids. Just let me know if your squares are solids or bi-colors. :hook Congratulations on getting two rows done...and add me to the list of sewing a few on backwards. :lol Were you able to get the cats to mow for you? :devil

Linda ~ I'm so glad you had a lovely Mother's Day and were able to buy yarn, too! It sounds like your making lots of progress with your reorganizing. :cheer

Welcome, Crafteamum! We're glad you're here. :yes

Kristy ~ I hope your house offer is accepted - we'll keep our fingers crossed. All of your projects sound great. :hook

Hi Shelly!

Sorry to those I may have missed - Gracie is keeping me really busy. She already has a couple of nicknames...one is D 'n D which stands for Devil in Disguise. :lol

Archived