Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

Mary morning to you.:hi

25 solids and 4 bicolors thanks

Here is my Angel Ghan so far, I started in the middle.

th_P2060258.jpg

Wow, Wendy! You've done a lot already and it looks great. :cheer 25 solids and 4 bi-colors are added to the list. :)

It's back to the quilt for me today. I couldn't miss a day of crocheting altogether yesterday, so I stared another scarf while watching "****'s Kitchen" and "ER." :lol I's the same pattern as the one in blue and white, but this one is in lilac with plum fun fur.

Kim sounds like a great superviser. :yes Your scarf colors will be lovely. :yarn

I made an early trip to the laundromat -King size comforters will not fit in my washer. Now I'm washing bed skirts and sheets...not sure what got into me, but it will feel good to have it all done. :D

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, JUDY, you're a :devil!!! :lol

I have to get some daisies done, then I'd have to see about maybe making one for my future SIL for Xmas. I have to get her bedroom/living room colors out of my Brother, first.

It will be at least a couple months, if you don't mind. :D

Here are the numbers as of noon today...way to go on all the squares this week! Please let me know if any changes need to be made. :)

Cara (Misa) Always in First Place :hook

Linda M. (mizmo) 1523

Donna (sewnsew) 1474

Sunny (sunnyvale) 1417

Shelly (Super Granny) *** 1325

Laura Lee (Klutzandme) 1276

Cathy (crashcat07) 1076

Val (Priszm) 923

Heather (hseger) 891

Wendy (Aussie) ***890

Denise (denisethorpe) 837

Linda (busy-bee-lmt) ***771

Shay (Shaylen) 682

Valerie (luvtocrochet757) 630

Erin (EMedley) 567

Carla (Carla’s Crochet) 481

Karen (econ-nerd) *** 437

Mary (Skysmom) *** 409

Tracy (tracystroebel) *** 333

Leighanne (mommy neel) 304

Suzanne (LavenderBear) 304

Kidge (Kidget29) 297

Tammy (TammyG) 212

Mel (DreamsOfYarn) 210

Brenda (BrendaR) 168

Carla (canostreasures) 166

Sharon (CandEsMom) 153

Judy (judianne) 153

Dusti (rii698) *** 126

Pickles (ThoseDarnPickles) 103

Jessica (jessicagil) 97

Tam (teakaycee) 72

Renee (renegade) 70

Selanda (crocrazy) 64

Shelby (alwayscrafting) 12

Laurie (LaurieE) 3

*** 2000 Squares Winner

I have the ATW I started way back when...and want to work on it again.

It would be nice having company on the journey:devil

Hi Judy This makes it even more tempting.:yes

Yes, JUDY, you're a :devil!!! :lol

I have to get some daisies done, then I'd have to see about maybe making one for my future SIL for Xmas. I have to get her bedroom/living room colors out of my Brother, first.

It will be at least a couple months, if you don't mind. :D

Krystal I see you have been corrupted too.:yes These girls are good.

Here are the numbers as of noon today...way to go on all the squares this week! Please let me know if any changes need to be made. :)

Cara (Misa) Always in First Place :hook

Linda M. (mizmo) 1523

Donna (sewnsew) 1474

Sunny (sunnyvale) 1417

Shelly (Super Granny) *** 1325

Laura Lee (Klutzandme) 1276

Cathy (crashcat07) 1076

Val (Priszm) 923

Heather (hseger) 891

Wendy (Aussie) ***890

Denise (denisethorpe) 837

Linda (busy-bee-lmt) ***771

Shay (Shaylen) 682

Valerie (luvtocrochet757) 630

Erin (EMedley) 567

Carla (Carla’s Crochet) 481

Karen (econ-nerd) *** 437

Mary (Skysmom) *** 409

Tracy (tracystroebel) *** 333

Leighanne (mommy neel) 304

Suzanne (LavenderBear) 304

Kidge (Kidget29) 297

Tammy (TammyG) 212

Mel (DreamsOfYarn) 210

Brenda (BrendaR) 168

Carla (canostreasures) 166

Sharon (CandEsMom) 153

Judy (judianne) 153

Dusti (rii698) *** 126

Pickles (ThoseDarnPickles) 103

Jessica (jessicagil) 97

Tam (teakaycee) 72

Renee (renegade) 70

Selanda (crocrazy) 64

Shelby (alwayscrafting) 12

Laurie (LaurieE) 3

*** 2000 Squares Winner

:faintAll these squares in a week.

Something funny happened this morning. :D I showed Kyla the yarn I got from USA yesterday and she said she had some of one of the colours. I said "really?", she said yes, "I used it to make some sardines"! took me a second or two to realise she meant saltines. :lol

:rofl :rofl :rofl

:rofl:rofl

I know I don't belong to this thread but this is too funny not to comment. I'll go back to :lurk

You can comment all you want :hug And yes, come join us anytime you like :D

:lol I really want to but I must resist. ( I know resistance is futile):lol

Why yes, yes it is :lol

I would never have it finished by the end of February. But if there is no time limit on it maybe I will go and look for some yarn. I have printed out the chart. I also like the Trip around the world one too.

Nope, never a time limit. We like to keep things fun. You go at whatever pace you like :D

th_P2060258.jpg

Wow! I like that very much :yes Excellent progress :clap

OK, that is an awesome idea... starting a CAL titled "Around the World in 80 Days" :rofl :rofl

Oh dear Lord let me catch my breath before starting anything else :rofl :rofl

Wendy - I would surely love to do an ATW, but I have to get some daisies taken care of. Not only that, I'd have to do it in colors that I could give to someone for Xmas. My future SIL and brother would probably like one, but I'm not sure what colors I'd do it for them. i dont' remember what color her bedroom is. :shrug I've only been to her house once. I'll have to email my brother and hope that he is good at describing colors enough to help me.

However, I might just go and do a different afghan or something anyway, because I really get plenty of square joining with these daisies....

Oh good you're too busy :whew:lol

It's back to the quilt for me today. I couldn't miss a day of crocheting altogether yesterday, so I stared another scarf while watching "****'s Kitchen" and "ER." :lol I's the same pattern as the one in blue and white, but this one is in lilac with plum fun fur.

Can't wait to see your newest quilt creation! :cheer

I made an early trip to the laundromat -King size comforters will not fit in my washer. Now I'm washing bed skirts and sheets...not sure what got into me, but it will feel good to have it all done. :D

Oh that was the biggest feature the washer we bought a while back had to have....must be able to wash at least 4 afghans at a time and must be able to wash king size bedcovers :lol Huge tub and no aggitator (sp) in the center. :yes But I must admit the laundromat is probably faster :lol

I think Mary's energy must be a statewide thing today. I woke up feeling jazzed and ready to go! :hyper Thank goodness. I'm sick of the drained no-energy thing. I've gotten lots of chores done today and I'm gonna keep going until I lose steam. Can't waste a day like this :D

:rofl can you imagine making sardines in different colours.

You can belong if you want to. :D

No dont resist, come on you know you wanna.

But you might be in trouble standing on the sidelines with Tracy as she is my apprentice. :rofl

The Trip around the world is a great one to do and you could do it in 80 days no problems. :D

No seriously its a beautiful one to do and it would make a great Christmas present. So that gives you about 329 days 18 hours and 54 minutes to get it finished. Easy Peasy I say. :D

I love the colours too and no bi coloured squares. I don't seem to be able to get them right. ( Not that I have given them much of a chance:lol)

OK, that is an awesome idea... starting a CAL titled "Around the World in 80 Days" :rofl :rofl

I like this idea too.

th_P2060258.jpg

Wendy your angle ghan is great.

You could do a daisy around the world.

One row plain squares, one row of daisy squares. Find a pattern that is the same size as the daises for the plain squares. It would look awesome.

I like this idea too.

Hi Cara! I just lost my steam. :lol Glad you're having a good day. :manyheart

Pauline ~ These are totals since January, 08. :D I update it and post the totals on Fridays. Are you ready to start yet? :hook

Hi Tracy. :waving

Good morning everyone :hi

Thanks for all your nice comment on my Angel ghan.

Pauline you will like doing a project like this and its very portable and it doesnt matter how long it takes.

Cara Im glad your feeling a lot better today:hug Dont overdo it otherwise you will have no energy for crocheting.

Linda cant wait to see the quilt that your making.

Mary enjoy your afternoon crocheting and relaxing.

I have no energy either, this heat is just disgusting. Im so over it.

Hello Ladies!

Wendy, great job on your angel ghan!

Krystal, I am working an ATW now!

Erin, he is adorable!

If I have missed anyone and I know I have I am sorry.

Mary put me down for 81 more.

Everyone have a wonderful day!

GREAT number of saltines being made and projects getting attention this week :clap

I am still here, and though I resisted the urge to work on the Angel-ghan with all of you, I am really happy with my current project. My very favorite neighbor (read that term loosely, as he and his wife live 6.5 miles away, across the fields) is having some medical problems, and has been in-and-out of the hospital over the past three weeks. The Bus & Big Rig Cuddle Quilt from Cara's site called out to me after the first time I visited my neighbor in the hospital. During the school-year he drives a school bus route, and then he farms during the summer, delivering his own soybeans and barley to the elevators via tractor trailer, and this quilt-ghan combines both of his occupations. Love it!! I started Wednesday, and I have 45 solids and 16 bi-colors to report. I changed the cab of the truck to RHSS grey heather and the roadway to Caron SS chocolate to look more like our local dirt roads, but I like the blue sky of the pattern and am going to stick with that. It's coming, though I am only making saltines and not joining. That was one thing with the IC, I could join in blocks and then deal with those large chunks. It is going to be interesting to go back and join row-by-row :yes I'm up for it, though, as I have missed making these saltines.

The girls and I leave for Hawaii next Tuesday. Have I started packing the suitcase, yet? Nope :blush Tomorrow...maybe :lol

Have a good evening!

Mary - My steam is gone too :lol But the house looks much better now :D

Dusti - Oh what a great gift for your friend :manyheart I hope he's all better real soon!

So I got lots of stuff done. Really just my basic stuff but I've had zero energy so I've gotten sort of behind. But all caught up now and I have about 15 minutes to catch up before starting supper. But after supper will be an all angel ghan night :hook

Ok I'm joining in on the CAL. I'm going to do the Around the world. Not sure of my colours yet. But it might be scrap or organized.

Off to read some instructions on saltines. This is going to be fun ( slow) but fun.

Hi Selanda! You've been busy with your ATW. :cheer 81 more are added. :)

Welcome, Pauline! If you want to join the Saltine contest, the info. is in my signature. :hook

Dusti, that is a great idea for your quilt ghan. I remember your telling us about Hawaii; of course, I've forgotten details. :blush Will you have access to a computer? Hope so!:D I've added 45 solids and 16 bi-colors.

Oh, Wendy - you must be so tired of summer. :hug Is this a record summer for high temps? I'm already not looking forward to summer. :no

Hi to Cara and Tracy, too!

Archived