Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Trying to post a couple of pics of my ATW...

2517618040057487835gkOgXL_th.jpg

2338335860057487835QYReDp_th.jpg

It worked! :clap (and they are clickable)

While I think everyone's has been beautiful, I think I like the shades of purple the best. Although it's definitely a toss up :D

Thanks everyone for the nice comments on my ATW. I have already started another ghan....Have 21 more solids to add, Mary.

I did 9 squares using the buttercup, ivory, and white together. I'll try to get a pic of them up tomorrow and get some thoughts on whether to continue these colors or wait until I can get the other yellow shade to switch out with the ivory. I really think I need the other yellow but this isn't bad either. At any rate, I can go ahead and make the buttercup and white squares while I'm deciding/waiting on the yellow to come in.

I discovered the invisible join and I love it! It looks so much nicer! Also, whoever named this yarn "I Love This Yarn" was right on the money! I may never use any other worsted weight yarn again. This is my first experience with it but it will NOT be the last.

And we're thrilled to see you again! :manyheart So does that mean we can call you and Priszm anything we want? :lol:devil

Yes Mary, just as long as you call me! :lol

Trying to post a couple of pics of my ATW...

2517618040057487835gkOgXL_th.jpg

2338335860057487835QYReDp_th.jpg

It worked! :clap (and they are clickable)

Linda, your ATW is beautiful...how big is it?

Well my it takes a village isn't quite done, still working on weaving those ends in. But I'm off to move to England so I'll be back once I get internet access again on the other side. Hopefully finding a house and getting the internet set up won't take too long.

Well my it takes a village isn't quite done, still working on weaving those ends in. But I'm off to move to England so I'll be back once I get internet access again on the other side. Hopefully finding a house and getting the internet set up won't take too long.

Good luck on your move.:hug

How long will you be living in the UK?

Linda M - your ATW is fantastic!:clap I love all the beautiful color combos everyone has come up with!

We can't get ILTY here, but I was gifted some once, and it it terrific to use:yes

Linda, your ATW is beautiful...how big is it?

Thanks! It is 15 saltines across and 21 saltines down so aboout 38" x 53". Just right for me for a cuddle in my chair.

And thanks to everyon else for commenting on it!

ok, here is the sample square using the buttercup, ivory, and white. The colors don't show up real well but they are fairly accurate. What do you think? Should I wait until I can get the other shade of yellow or go with the ivory? I like this but it isn't what I had in mind and I'm afraid I just won't be satisfied with it in the end.

2633872310057487835hNvXmW_th.jpg

Linda M - my experience has been that if you don't like the colors you're using, you probably won't finish it.

IMO - wait for the other yellow you really want:hook

Good morning ladies :flower

Aeia - Good luck on your move to England. We'll be waiting when you get back :hug

Linda M - I agree with Judy wholeheartedly. If you're not happy with it then wait. You'll be happier with it that way :yes

Up for the Tuon routine but probably won't be up long :lol

Howdy ladies :hi

I have tons to do today which makes it worse. Have to make potato salad and pea salad for a family thing tomorrow, take Tuon to the vet and clean. The cleaning might just have to wait. Of course, all I wanna do is crawl back in bed :P

Cara, what is pea salad? Is it a mayonnais-y base?

hi add 16 more solids for me today so far.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments on my ATW. I have already started another ghan....Have 21 more solids to add, Mary.

Added! :hook

Hi everyone, I thought I'd pop in and say hello. I've been gone for several months for a number of reasons. I haven't been able to crochet because my CTS got pretty aggravated, so I've had to let my hands completely rest. And I've had a lot of stress this spring (esp. this past 5 weeks) with sick animals - mostly the one, Kitsu (my new avatar), and his bum ticker. and other stuff that went not well (esp on the relationship front). But whatever, life, right?

I'm still hoping to one day make my Casablanca, but I have so many WIPs that are much further along (and are for charity), and I'd like to finish those up and get them off to PL this year, so I'm not sure when the Casa will get done.

Hi Renee! I too keep saying I'm making a Casa, but mine is to be a Christmas present so one of these days I need to get serious!

Good Morning/Evening everyone. :)

Linda M ~ I think I would go with two yellows because it would have a little more contrast and give you more of the true gingham look. :crocheting

Aiea ~ Safe travels and good luck getting settled. :manyheart

DH went fishing! He never has time for fishing or golf anymore with his travel schedule, so I was thrilled when he decided to go. I'm doing the usual morning stuff and then to the store. :)

Hey everyone!!! :hi Well, my mom left yesterday after a 2 week visit. She exhausted me but I don't know how we will do it with out her! And, my yarn shopping partner in crime is gone! :devil DH broke the news yesterday after she left that I'm not allowed in a Hobby Lobby, Michaels, or JoAnns for at least a month! :angry:( hehe but little does he know everything I got while she was here could last me YEARS!!!!! (and I can usually sneak in a skein or 2 from Wal-Mart!) Wow, I have a bad :yarnaddiction! :yes I also recently discovered " I Love This Yarn " from HL and I am HOOKED!:hook (Wow that

was cheesy!) I found a creative way to store more yarn too! This is from IKEA and I had gotten a couple a long time ago and forgot about them. They come in 2 differen sizes: a 3 hole smaller one, and a 6 or 7 hole larger one. Check out the smaller one here:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90096786

Hopefully this will help me get more organized! I also got a couple under bed storage boxes for yarn storage. I think those will work great to temporarily hide purchases from DH! :blush

I did manage at work this last week to get about 10 saltines done for a cuddle for Project Linus. Its going to be a different take on a ATW.

Its great to hear from everyone and everyone's ghans look GREAT! :hug Makes me want to start even more projects! :2nono Must resist!

On a completely different note, I'm looking at purchasing a knitting machine for my birthday. Nothing fancy, considering the Ultimate Sweater Machine or a smaller round one that was in my latest Mary Maxim catalog. Any input on either of these? Don't need it for any fancy stitches or intricate sweaters. Just want to make simple knit squares to crochet borders on for super fast Project Linus blankies.

I discovered the invisible join and I love it! It looks so much nicer! Also, whoever named this yarn "I Love This Yarn" was right on the money! I may never use any other worsted weight yarn again. This is my first experience with it but it will NOT be the last.

LInda, that's exactly how I felt when I first used ILTY. I don't buy much of anything else. What is the invisible join? I would also wait for the other yellow.

Archived