Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

Cara, that's so good about Tuon....sounds like you're almost there....

If she turns out to be like Susie you may end up wanting to put your vet on retainer:lol:lol:lol

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW - the Yankees who are on the field tonight are not the team I saw play last night...have to see what else is worth watching....

'nite, ladies:hug:manyheart

:DI'm making "spining wheels" (slightly modified) for my friend. Can I join in the fun here?

Linda~How does one "pack light" for a month? :lol I have to take everything I own when we drive somewhere...and almost that much on a plane. :blush Good Luck! Of course, you can take your crocheting and just buy toothpaste, undies, clothes as needed. :D

Mary, I really haven't got that figured out yet. Hopefully by the time we leave tomorrow morning I will have some version of it decided upon.

I almost made it to not taking any yarn with me but not quite. In locating the thread to use for the filet projects I ran across some Bucilla tempo cable twist yarn that looks like mercerized cotton in a peach color. I've had it forever and I had to figure out something to use it for. While at WalMart waiting for the last prescription to get filled I found some Red Heart Plush in cream color that actually looks somewhat peachy and I decided I had to have it to put with the other. I'll use them together for one of the ponchos as with them the pattern of the poncho will actually show, which it doesn't with the fancy, frilly yarns. Still only three skeins, so not too bad of me. :lol :lol :lol

Liz, of course you can join us! The more the merrier here. Welcome to the group! :welcome

Cara, good news about Tuon, now just get yourself to feeling better.

BTW - the Yankees who are on the field tonight are not the team I saw play last night...have to see what else is worth watching....

'nite, ladies:hug:manyheart

Sorry Judi, I can't sympathize. I'm thrilled everytime someone beats them :lol

Go Twins! :cheer

Welcome to the group Liz :hug

Linda - You've already got me beat. Went to Vegas for a week and took an entire suitcase full of yarn :lol We're just going on an hour and a half drive tomorrow and I'm taking a tote with me :D BD laughs but last time we did this at a holiday we got stuck in traffic for hours and I was the only one on the interstate with something to do :wink

I may not have my suitcase packed yet, but most of the laundry from the last several days is now hung up/put away and my project bag is mostly packed. 4 thread crochet projects and 1 yarn project with all their patterns, hooks, etc. Still have to add a book or two. Meds go in at the last minute. Think I'll go to bed for now.

Good Morning All,

I'm officially on an extended vacation starting today. I have a new assistant manager (that everyone hates). It is his last stop because he couldn't make it at 2 other stores. I decided to jump in and get me some time off while the getting was good. I've already had to reprimand him...his first day! DM said he will deal with him. Back to vacation, I don't have to return to work until July 14th :yay:yay:yay!. I am so behind on post. I did read a few from the last day or so. What is an ATW and HIJ? I have to count my squares because I haven't done any in a while and I didn't post the last ones I did.

I'm going to organize my wips and set up a spreadsheet and join Krystal's CAL. I don't plan to go anywhere except from the bed to my chair with crochet materials and laptop. Oh, maybe 1 or 2 trips to the yarn shops. I feel so lost but I'm sooooo happy to be back.

Hope everybody is have a great 4th of July.

Love you guys!:hug

Sorry Judi, I can't sympathize. I'm thrilled everytime someone beats them :lol

Go Twins! :cheer

I've been a Yankee fan since the days of Mickey Mantle (I was in the womb then...LOL)

I think A-Rod is having too many late nights with Madonna and it's affecting the entire team:lol:lol

Thanks Karen. Are these special projects the group is doing? If so, would you elaborate?

ATW is a quilt-ghan pattern that several are doing in here. Holidays in July in in the Wishing Well (?) thread - many people posted wish lists for the "Holidays in July" event and there are several from this group that are in there so that is what the chat is about HIJ. I'll be posting a picture of where I am at on my ATW shortly (even quicker now so you cansee what I mean). Hope this helps :manyheart

Hi, Valerie - it;s so good to see you back!

Hey, I only have 5 things on my WIP list - want to start the Scripture Ghan?

It WAS you who wanted to do it, right:think:think??

Good morning ladies :flower

Karen - Your ATW is absolutely stunning :cheer

ATW = Around The World HIJ = Holidays In July :D

Just a quick stopover before we head out. I just couldn't go without wishing all my friends a happy and safe 4th of July! :manyheart

We're just going on an hour and a half drive tomorrow and I'm taking a tote with me :D BD laughs but last time we did this at a holiday we got stuck in traffic for hours and I was the only one on the interstate with something to do :wink

I ALWAYS have a project with me. ALWAYS. You never know when you're going to be stuck waiting, with boring company, or when the kids just need some supervising and you've got nothing to do. Having a project to keep my hands busy is a good thing for me. Otherwise, I get really impatient and want to rush the kids through whatever they are doing. If I have a project in hand, it takes the edge off of the impatience! :lol

I'm going to organize my wips and set up a spreadsheet and join Krystal's CAL.

:woo Another guest!

Here is my ATW as it is now:

th_HPIM0605.jpg

Next come three rounds of blue.

Karen, that is BEE-YOO-TIFUL!!!

I'm officially on an extended vacation starting today. I have a new assistant manager (that everyone hates). It is his last stop because he couldn't make it at 2 other stores. I decided to jump in and get me some time off while the getting was good. I've already had to reprimand him...his first day! DM said he will deal with him. Back to vacation, I don't have to return to work until July 14th :yay:yay:yay!:hug

Valerie, welcome back. You've been sorely missed. 10 days off! Whee!!!! You deserve a great vacation. Reprimanded on the 1st day. Oh, dear...... Me thinks his days are numbered.

Here is my ATW as it is now:

th_HPIM0605.jpg

Next come three rounds of blue.

Karen, your ATW is absolutely stunning! Great job!

I am all packed and ready to go whenever John & Kim are ready. I've got my clothes and meds in one bag. My crochet projects in a large tote bag. And my books in a smallist tote. I got everthing in that I wanted to take, so I'm rather proud of myself. I'm taking my camera with me. I won't be able to post the pictures until I get back, but at least I can take them as I go. I should be able to check in here except when we are actually on the road.

I finished the crocheting on the baby blanket yesterday, but still have the fringe to attach. I like the way it's turned out.

John just came up front so we may be leaving soon.

Have a wonderful and safe 4th of July!:firecrack:firecrack:firecrack

Archived