Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

Good morning ladies,

I am back from my trip to Boston and did up 37 solids on the bus back home last night. The trip was good and I did well on my presentation (and had fun). Now I plan to stay around home for a while. I am tired of travelling. I might just spend today doing nothing work related and just relax with my hook :D I was up around 7am and went back to bed at 8 to sleep until 10. That is a new one for me. Off to do something.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Karen, glad your trip went well and that you get a break from traveling now.

Kim & I just got back from running errands and getting her hair cut. I'm almost caught up. I think.....? Have to hear from the doc tomorrow as to which medicine to fill for the pain in my side,

Sharon and Tracy ~ I've added your squares. :hook

Finally home and out of the horrible traffic. :) DH will be home this evening, so time to think about dinner. I hope everyone is having a good day. :manyheart

Howdy everyone,

Its thursday just have to go to work today then I have 5 days off. :yay

Karen its great to see you back, Im glad all went well and you got some crocheting done.

I got another row done on my ATW last night.

43 more solids done, my fingers are getting tired from trying to keep this pace up. But just 43 more to make and attach then I am done the bulk of the work. Just ends to weave in and the border to do. But who knows how long that will take.

Oh and Shelly your suggestion on using a smaller hook to weave in ends works wonders, thank you so much for that tip.

43 more solids done, my fingers are getting tired from trying to keep this pace up. But just 43 more to make and attach then I am done the bulk of the work. Just ends to weave in and the border to do. But who knows how long that will take.

Oh and Shelly your suggestion on using a smaller hook to weave in ends works wonders, thank you so much for that tip.

That's what I did for everything before "discovering" yarn needles.

That's what I did for everything before "discovering" yarn needles.

I have yarn needles, but my hands shake so that makes using them difficult, I seem to have more control with the larger hooks so it doesn't take me as long since I don't have to worry about threading the needle etc.

Good morning,

9 more solids for me yesterday - also added a bunch on. I will probably spend some time now getting the next couple rounds added onto the ATW. I'll post a picture this weekend (or tomorrow sometime)

Off to the gym and work soon...

I have yarn needles, but my hands shake so that makes using them difficult, I seem to have more control with the larger hooks so it doesn't take me as long since I don't have to worry about threading the needle etc.

Have you ever tried a needle threader? I've ended up using one when working with thread in the past. Works pretty well.

Hello all,

Well, my ATW is still just almost finished. Didn't have much time to work on it yesterday. But I did get the yarn to make 2 more ghans! Maurice picked out royal blue, medium blue, and buttercup for the woven blocks for him. And I got buttercup, ivory, and white for the gingham. I wanted 2 shades of yellow but HL only had 1 shade-----does anyone now if they make I Love This Yarn in another shade of yellow?----so I got the ivory for the light yellow. Do you think this will work out okay or should I try something else? I'm open to suggestions.

Good Morning, all. :)

Karen, can't wait for pictures! I added 9 squares. :hook

Linda M ~ Yay for more yarn. :yarn Yes there is another yellow in ILTY. It's just called "Yellow" and is more of a school bus yellow. I think it would look great with the Buttercup and white for the gingham. They may have it online at craftsetc.com. I'll be glad to check at our HL, but it may be a couple days til I can get there...let me know. :manyheart

Archived