Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, and I double whipstitch mine together, through the front and then the back loops and hide the tails in the space in between the rows of whipstitching..

Yup, and I double whipstitch mine together, through the front and then the back loops and hide the tails in the space in between the rows of whipstitching..

How do you do that? Front facing you, whipstich together then turn it over and whipstitch the back? And how does it look when you're stitching two colored squares together?

How do you do that? Front facing you, whipstich together then turn it over and whipstitch the back? And how does it look when you're stitching two colored squares together?

You've got it. I stitch the front side and then turn it over and stitch the back side. Most of the ones I make get used every day and I want to make sure that they hold together well. Here's a picture of one done that way. And a close up of one of the squares for the Painted Desert also done that way.DCP_1412.jpgDCP_1375.jpg

Laura Lee, your Zoe is so cute! Our Zoe had some other "not so nice" names when she was little...what a devil she was.:lol

Hi Pickles~Your bags are wonderful. Your little one is just adorable. :c9

Linda T- I love the puppy-ghan! :c9 Where is the graph? Let me guess...Ya'll make 'em up yourself, don't ya? How's the new med going? Bring any relief at all? :think

Pickles - Your purses are great and the babe is soooo cute!:angel

Mary - 18 solids today. :crocheting

I've never joined by slip stitch..this will be my first one. I've always whipstiched before.

When I figure out how to post a pic, I'll show what I have so far! :D

:ghug

Howdy everyone

Pickles your bubs is just so gorgeous. The bags you made are lovely as well. I like how you did the handles.

Laura Lee your puddytat is so cute.

Tracy wow your roaring along aren you. You will have that Casa finished in no time :D

Carla wow thats fantastic. :clap

Carla, that's absolutely gorgeous! Well done!! On the medicine front, I'm sleeping better. I think maybe it has lowered the pain a notch or so but it certainly hasn't taken it away yet by any means.

Linda T - LOVE, LOVE the puppy cuddle...and your colors in the block are fantastic!

Carla, that is beautiful! In Krystal's fav colors, too;)

'nite, ladies:hug:manyheart

Carla, the puppy pattern is one that I modified from a counted cross-stitch pattern, so I can't claim it as my own.

This is the filet crochet pattern I've worked up and the start of it.

DCP_1429.jpgDCP_1428.jpg

And here are the two versions of preemie afghans that I did in June for the babies that enter the preemie unit in July. I ended up with 3 of the first version and 4 of the second version. The borders all varied a bit.

DCP_1426.jpgDCP_1425.jpg

The work here amazes me. You guys all do such great work. I am keeping up with you all more and more as I get closer and closer to start the ducky cuddle!

Joyce

You've got it. I stitch the front side and then turn it over and stitch the back side. Most of the ones I make get used every day and I want to make sure that they hold together well. Here's a picture of one done that way. And a close up of one of the squares for the Painted Desert also done that way.DCP_1412.jpgDCP_1375.jpg

I'll have to try that as soon as I start joining. Thanks for the info!

Linda, the filet is stunning. :hook The red, white and blue preemie ghans are so cute and perfect timing for your July donations. :manyheart Thanks for sharing pictures...and I still love the Puppy ghan and Painted Desert. :)

Hi Andrea ~ I hope you've been okay!

Joyce, so glad you are going to join in. :yes

It's been quite a day/evening here. First, when I came home from DD's, the garage door wouldn't go up all the way and then wouldn't go down all the way. So I called a repair man...it needed adjusting somewhere. Then as he was about to leave, we noticed water starting to run onto the garage floor from the water heater closet. Yep...new water heater installed and they left about 7. Of course, these things always happen when DH is out of town. :lol

Aiea- I do not use a needle to weave in my ends... it is too hard for me to thread... I use a smaller crochet hook and weave the ends in that way

Hello everyone... I've not had a very good weekend.... will not go into details... I'm starting to feel a little bit human... I got up at 3 PM , took a nap at 7PM, and now am ready to go to bed... hopefully tomarrow I'll be able to stay up longer... happy crocheting...

by the way put me down for 23 solids

Joyce, so glad you are going to join in. :yes

Thanks Mary. The day is getting closer that I can start my saltines and I'm psyched.

Joyce

Archived