Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 more solids done, and I connected 5 rows finally. So I was also able to take a picture. Here it is so far.

villager1.jpg

and here's the pile of multi-colored saltines waiting for me to make more black/gold/white to be able to attach them also.

saltinepile.jpg

Great work. :clap.

I agree with Krystal though, you might want to do the ends as you go.

Good morning ladies :flower

Wow! Everyone's getting a case of finishitus! :cheer Lots of crochet magic happening this weekend :clap

Aeia - Have you tried using an upholstery needle instead of tapestry needles? The tapestry needles are too small for me, too. Found this out when I went to replace the one I lost. Didn't realize it was an upholstery needle until I found it after losing it for three weeks :yay

Well, I was the only schlub this weekend :lol I find BD very distracting. He was doing exciting stuff this weekend and I followed him around like a puppy dog. But I have my quilt down to less than 20 minutes worth of sewing together then the border :yay That thing is getting done today....unless of course, I get distracted by something shiny :D

Good morning, everyone. It's back to the normal routine today.

I'd forgotten how much fun it is working with thread when it's a project I enjoy. Kim and I are going to be gone most of the month of July so I don't know how frequently I'll be able to check in. We are going to southern GA for the 4th of July weekend to spend time with Kim's family. (I'm Kims companion/care giver for you new gals who don't know who Kim is. She's sort of an honorary member here. She helps me pick colors and keeps a sharp eye on the pattern to make sure I'm putting things together correctly.) Then we will be going with Kim's mom to Texas and spend 2 weeks with Kim's grandchildren. Then back to south GA. And eventually home at the end of the month. I'm definately taking the filet crochet with me on that trip.

ok! i have new saltines to add. 8 bi color and another 8 solids today

I'm back home; we had a great weekend with the family. And I have 36 more solids to add.

Squares are added. :yes

Hi Sunny~8 more added. :hook You are on a roll - way to go!

Linda M~So glad you had a good weekend with your family...and had time to make squares, too!

Cara, my memory is going. :blush Which quilt is this? And congrats on being so close to the finish line. :cheer

Linda~Your July sounds busy, but fun. I hope you enjoy the road trip...will you be able to check in here?

Hi Wendy. :)

I will be checking on grandcats each day through Thursday. Better get busy, so I can get back and get to work. :yes

Sunny - You are really moving on those saltines! :cheer

Mary - It's one I haven't even shown yet, it's not you :D It's just a plain check afghan. I was in the mood for basically a mindless one with solid colors only :lol

We'll be in Killeen, Texas. Not sure how far that is from anything. It's apparently a small town. I've been trying to find it on internet maps, but not very successfully so far.

We'll be in Killeen, Texas. Not sure how far that is from anything. It's apparently a small town. I've been trying to find it on internet maps, but not very successfully so far.

Killeen is about an hour from Waco (where I am). It's actually a fairly large city. The Fort Hood Army post is there. :yes

Good Morning Ladies!! :waving

Well I didn't get any squares done this weekend as I was bitten by the social butterfly and was out and about for the most part.

Should be able to get something done today after a Dr. Appt for my son.

Mary...how funny you have a furbaby Zoe also. Here is my Zoe!

th_161_6193-1.jpg

Hey everyone! :hi Sorry I disappeared for a while! My mom is here visiting and watching Lennon my first 2 weeks back at work. She's kept me very busy! I don't know where she gets all of her energy but she never quits! Its nice having someone around to get all kinds of stuff done! (and to make fresh banana bread! mmmmm!) She has also helped me complete 2 of my thank you gifts for the girls that threw my baby shower. My first 2 FBBs! (she mainly helped with the lining but that was the worst part! :yes) One is smaller than the other (just a smaller hook and tighter stitches no alterations to the actual pattern)

100_1796.jpg

and the lining....

100_1798.jpg

Oh, Pickles! Your baby is adorable! So are the purses.

Laura Lee, you Zoe is so cute. I'm going to miss mine terribly while Kim and I are gone.

Cara, maybe we can get together for a while while I'm in Killeen. Maybe see you, too, Mary.:manyheart

Thanks for the map Joy. It came through just fine.

Beautiful quiltghans everyone!

There are just not enough hours in the day!!!!!

T-

No kidding! Never mind my wrist has been sore again lately (although strangely enough, not so much when I crochet), I'm still irritated that I have to be at work and I can't be at home working on my saltines.

Have I mentioned I'm impatient? Remember I have to do 690 total (more if I decide to add a row on either side), 133 solid pink, 64 bi and the rest solid white? I have 50 solid pinks, 10 bi and 10ish solid whites done. Part of me keeps thinking I need to get all of my little squares done, or at least a big bunch, before I start putting this together. The other part of me (the impatient part) wants to put them together now! :lol

Priszm - I actually join all of my squares AS I GO.

If you slip stitch, you just make slip stitch one square to the next once you've made it, without breaking your yarn.

If you whipstitch, you just cut your yarn the right length (this might take a little practice for the right length) and sew one to the next and THEN finish off. If you want portable, I recommend whipstitch, because then you can cut your yarn off to the right length as you go and join them later.

This saves much time with not having to weave in extra ends.

Priszm - I actually join all of my squares AS I GO.

If you slip stitch, you just make slip stitch one square to the next once you've made it, without breaking your yarn.

If you whipstitch, you just cut your yarn the right length (this might take a little practice for the right length) and sew one to the next and THEN finish off. If you want portable, I recommend whipstitch, because then you can cut your yarn off to the right length as you go and join them later.

This saves much time with not having to weave in extra ends.

I don't plan on weaving :lol I'll probably whipstitch and I'll do it over the tails, kinda like crocheting over them. I did a couple test crackers to check for size and did the magic circle start, which I love. But very quickly realized I don't want to do that for these. I do weave those back in, and I really really don't want to do that for 690 squares :D

Archived