Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

Thanks for the welcome ladies. Can only check in here on the weekdays as I don't have internet at home! Good thing the boss is a sport about letting me surf the web on breaks! lol. Will check in again on Monday. Have a great weekend everyone!!!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay guys I guess I have lurked long enough. I have just started the Casablanca in the suggested colors and will really be taking my time with this since it will be for an x-mas present for the BF.

So far I have about 45 squares(opps sorry, saltines) done and 25 or so of them joined.

Wish me luck!

Oh and I told my #1 son that you call them saltines and he said no they're not, they are granny crackers! :lol

Laura Lee, welcome to the group! :welcome With any of the big projects it's a good idea to focus just on a row at a time or a block at a time, because if you figure out the whole count it gets intimidating.

I'm back home. (Obviously.. :lol :lol :lol) I donated a pint of blood to the American Red Cross. Went to Michael's and bought yarn (10 skeins or the TLC Essentials), candles (20 @ $1 each), and cards (10 for a dollar). Then went to Office Depot and got a filet crochet pattern blown up to 3 times the size of the original. Then to WalMart to order prescription refills. Visited with Rosie, John, and their granddaughters for a while and now home for a late lunch and some time to myself.

Well I'm getting along very well on my bus. I have 40 or so saltines to go. Then I will begin sewing the whole thing together.

Wonderful! Will you be able to share a picture? I've made that pattern, too and think it's so cute. :)

Thanks for the welcome ladies. Can only check in here on the weekdays as I don't have internet at home! Good thing the boss is a sport about letting me surf the web on breaks! lol. Will check in again on Monday. Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Your boss sounds great. As you've probably noticed :lol...someone is almost always here to say Hi or offer support. :yes

Hi Laura Lee - welcome!

I'm in here alot but haven't committed myself to saltines yet.

Hi Shelby. When are we going to convince you to make some? :devil

Hi Linda, you've sure been busy! I hope you can enjoy the rest of the day and get some "me time." I have always liked TLC yarn. HL discontinued it a few months ago and I got some at Michaels clearance price, too. :yarn

I'm almost afraid to say it, but we think Zoe is almost completely normal...whatever that is. ;) Suffice it to say, we now think all of this was caused by a large hairball which she no longer has. :lol She is eating, playing and drowning her toys again for the first time since Monday before last. Our new vet saw something on her x-ray yesterday and was the first one to even mention this possibility. I am sooo relieved that she is back to her normal crazy self. I know this was too much info...thank you all again for the hugs. :)

Well I started the It takes a Village afghan on Tuesday as I have lots of little colors and only a few skeins of the same colors, though I'm doing my border in black instead of blue and the corners in gold instead of red, but I have 10 out of 30 gold done, 4 out of 80 of the white, 9 out of 147 of the black, and 14 (sets of 5 squares, 4 bi-colored, one single colored) out of 20 of the middle pinwheels done. So a total of 98 squares out of the 357 I need... then of course I need to join them all and finish, but I'll get to that after I finish the squares.

I love how quickly they work up though it feels like I am making a lot of progress in a little amount of time.

Of course once I finish I need to decide just what I am doing with this afghan, I have no idea who to give it to.

Well I started the It takes a Village afghan on Tuesday as I have lots of little colors and only a few skeins of the same colors, though I'm doing my border in black instead of blue and the corners in gold instead of red, but I have 10 out of 30 gold done, 4 out of 80 of the white, 9 out of 147 of the black, and 14 (sets of 5 squares, 4 bi-colored, one single colored) out of 20 of the middle pinwheels done. So a total of 98 squares out of the 357 I need... then of course I need to join them all and finish, but I'll get to that after I finish the squares.

I love how quickly they work up though it feels like I am making a lot of progress in a little amount of time.

Of course once I finish I need to decide just what I am doing with this afghan, I have no idea who to give it to.

Great!

A tip: it's less overwhelming if you attach the squares as you make them.:hook

Great!

A tip: it's less overwhelming if you attach the squares as you make them.:hook

I'm sure it is, but since I have to ship my box of yarn to my new address soon and I'm not sure how long I will have my multi-colors I'm doing the 20 pinwheels first then I'm going to do the black/white/gold solids as I can easily keep a few skeins with me that and I haven't had room to try and start attaching yet, being in the middle of moving and living in a hotel is a pain. But hey, a week off of work is always nice, lots of time for :hook

I'm almost afraid to say it, but we think Zoe is almost completely normal...whatever that is. ;) Suffice it to say, we now think all of this was caused by a large hairball which she no longer has. :lol She is eating, playing and drowning her toys again for the first time since Monday before last. Our new vet saw something on her x-ray yesterday and was the first one to even mention this possibility. I am sooo relieved that she is back to her normal crazy self. I know this was too much info...thank you all again for the hugs. :)

Mary, that is wonderful news! I'm so glad she is doing better. Zoe had us all concerned.

Hi, Ladies.

I have been lurking for the past three days :blush, as I was not sure I could jump in after you all have been working away at this CAL for so long. I absolutely fell in love :manyheart with this project the first time I looked at the patterns. I printed the Baby Squares pattern, yesterday, and I started stitching this morning. It's wonderful how quickly the "saltines" work-up, and I am anxious to keep at it. I am using Lion Brand Baby Soft in fuschia, soft pink and white, as I had those colors on-hand, and I have 50 finished, already.

When I got married, I had a plan to teach myself to quilt, once I finished all of the thank you notes from our wedding. Well, life came and went and here I am, packing for a second honeymoon to celebrate our 10th anniversary. I figured out that I like to crochet a WHOLE LOT more than I like to quilt, so this CAL is perfect. I will not be around to show my progress for a couple of weeks, but I have my yarn in the car, and I expect to have a lot of time to crochet, while DH drives :lol.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

~ Dusti

hi everyone i've started working on my cassa again last night i made - 8 bi color and 8 solids and connected them to the blanket also! :D hopefully i can do some more tonight. I'm working on a dress my sister has been begging me to make for her for a while. i promised it would be in the mail soon.

anyway. 8 bi and 8 solids for me!

Oh my goodness look at all the new friends! :clap:yay

Dusti - Never too late to join in around here. I don't have the talent for fabric quilts either that's why I do these :lol Welcome :hug

Aiea - Welcome to you :hug The Village with a black and gold border should be quite stunning :cheer

Sportsbear - Great progress on the bus cuddle :cheer Can't wait to see!

Mary - Woo hoo! Zoe's drowning stuff again :dance:woo

Linda - Oh you've been a busy beaver today! Sounds like a thoroughly wonderful day you had :hug

Well, the med change must've worked for daytime too. I zonked out on the couch after only 4 saltines :lol Oh well at least it's the weekend :rolleyes

Dusti, have a wonderful trip...and we'll be looking forward to pics when you get back.

Sunny, sounds like your casa is getting there...

Mary, I couldn't have heard better news...ZOE IS DROWNING HER TOYS! Can I send her some squares to "kill"??:D

Morning everyone

Laura Lee welcome to the group.

Tracy and Sunny wow you sure have both zoomed up the ladder. Well done.

Cara cant wait to see this new quilt your doing.

Linda T wow what a busy day you had, sounds great though. Whats the TLC Essentials yarn for.

Shelby come on you know you wanna. :devil

Mary Im so glad that Zoe is back to her old self again. :hug

Aiea welcome to the group. We all love making these ghans as well and we also have that problem with who to give it too at the end.

Dusty welcome to the group.

Aiea ~ Hi and Welcome! Your colors sound great for It Takes a Village. :yarn

Welcome to Dusti, too. :hook Have a wonderful vacation. I promise we'll be here when you return. :yes

Yay Sunny...back to the Casa! I've added the squares. :)

Wow, Wendy. Your ATW is beautiful. I really like the way you've used the variegated colors. :crocheting

I think I'll take pictures of my meager progress for the last 3 weeks. :)

Mary & Wendy - I am almost convinced!! Since I finished the filet for LeAnna and that was one of the things I needed to do and since I want to make a Casa for a Christmas present I better get started real soon...like probably this week!

Mary - So glad that Zoe is doing better :hug

Wendy - Love you ATW colors!

Hi Dusti! Don't feel badly about being a late starter- I haven't even started yet!

Hi Aiea!

Judy - oh WOW the star RR is back!

Archived