Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

Cara - I highly recommend it. I cannot believe the difference. I was getting headaches all the time. Had my eyes checked and that wasn't the problem. I can do physical things that I couldn't do for years. We've been trying to get a road through our woods to put a pre-built barn in. I've been raking, shoveling and hauling brush for days. Couldn't even think of doing something like that before. I'd have been in bed all the next day with an ice bag on my head. Ten years of sitting in an office at a computer all day just about did me in.

Oh I'd love to be able to do all that again, but I'd honestly just be willing to settle for being able to sleep and some pain relief :lol

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My DS is a chiro - and has just leased space in his office to a massage therapist...:) The office is too small for an onsite xray machine, though, so he has to send patients to either his partner's home office or elsewhere. He is very good at reading xrays and MRI's...went to Palmer College of Chiropractic in CA after getting his Biology degree at Rutgers...

His patients love him...we're so proud of what we hear. He takes his time with everyone.:)

....'scuse the bragging:D

I'm so relieved to hear that there have been others with the problem of sumitting posts. I was just previewing my computer froze up last night. I thought it was Vista (I love XP, but my newer computer came with Vista).

Anyway, I have 20 solids, 20 bi-colors and 2 additional rows to report. :clap

I'm still trying to get everyone straight. My short-term memory is not functioning well the last few days. (Old MS lesion flaring, I think). I've been lurking some, sorting everyone out. It's really neat seeing folks in such totally different time zones (Australia, UK, US....) and apparently seasons! Makes this world seem much closer. :hug

I hope everyone and their critters are doing better and have a great crochet day! :crocheting

:ghug

Hello everyone!

Mary, 0 solids for me this time....none for yesterday :(. However I did crochet so the day wasn't a total loss :). I am trying to decide on a shawl and have been surfing for ideas and trying out some different patterns.

I'm so relieved to hear that there have been others with the problem of sumitting posts. I was just previewing my computer froze up last night. I thought it was Vista (I love XP' date=' but my newer computer came with Vista).

Anyway, I have 20 solids, 20 bi-colors and 2 additional rows to report. :clap

I'm still trying to get everyone straight. My short-term memory is not functioning well the last few days. (Old MS lesion flaring, I think). I've been lurking some, sorting everyone out. It's really neat seeing folks in such totally different time zones (Australia, UK, US....) and apparently seasons! Makes this world seem much closer. :hug

I hope everyone and their critters are doing better and have a great crochet day! :crocheting

:ghug[/quote']

I know how you feel! I swear my MS has caused short term memory problems, and I KNOW it's caused word problems. DBF has become excellent at translating what I really meant to say. Like the time we were talking about needing to go to Walmart (this was before Xmas) and I said I needed to go and get wallpaper. 'Cause apparently in my new MS world, I wrap Christmas presents with wallpaper :lol

Howdy everyone

I have been having problems with the ville as well. I can come in here and put in a post and straight away it says its a duplicate. I also have vista, wonder if thats the problem.

Tracy your gingham is gorgeous, I just love that pattern.

Carla yes it great being able to chat to people from all over the world. With our different time zones its quite interesting to talk to someone who is having dinner while your having breakfast.

Tonight Im working on the ATW once again, I want to try and get it finished.

I know how you feel! I swear my MS has caused short term memory problems, and I KNOW it's caused word problems. DBF has become excellent at translating what I really meant to say. Like the time we were talking about needing to go to Walmart (this was before Xmas) and I said I needed to go and get wallpaper. 'Cause apparently in my new MS world, I wrap Christmas presents with wallpaper :lol

That is too funny! I say things like that all the time. A couple years ago they found a large lesion and several smaller ones on my brain which is why I retired on disability and I could not longer do the job I was doing. Crochet is helping save my sanity from all my life changes. :crocheting

Oh I'd love to be able to do all that again, but I'd honestly just be willing to settle for being able to sleep and some pain relief :lol

By all means, treat yourself! I felt a huge difference the first time, but it actually took about 3 treatments before I quit getting the shoulder/neck pains. DH has problems with his lower back to where it is pinching nerves. He gets a treatment and feels good for a few days afterwards. But, and our therapist (Krystle) admits he needs to have more help, like a good chiropractor, but does he listen? Excuse is: when do I have time?

I won't go any farther with this.... :(

My DS is a chiro - and has just leased space in his office to a massage therapist...:) The office is too small for an onsite xray machine, though, so he has to send patients to either his partner's home office or elsewhere. He is very good at reading xrays and MRI's...went to Palmer College of Chiropractic in CA after getting his Biology degree at Rutgers...

His patients love him...we're so proud of what we hear. He takes his time with everyone.:)

....'scuse the bragging:D

Hey, it's something to brag about :) I'm so glad he feels that way about his patients! Too many people in the medical profession don't care.

Carla - don't worry about getting us mixed up. Many of us have been around for *ahem* a WHILE, so we're used to each other. We completely understand mix-ups! :yes If it's easier, many of us open a WordPad window and type our responses to the others as we read. Then we copy and paste into the posting box.

Priszm - I'm not sure it's your MS... I have this problem of mixing up words that have the same first letter... "Quincy" street somehow becomes "Queen" street in my brain and so on!!! :lol

Tracy - love the gingham, and that bus cuddle is nearly there! Where is the pattern for that camo sweater? It is adorable and looks like a nice cut! I also like the baby hats... are they your own pattern?

:hi everyone.

Here is a picture of the finished gingham, I think I might make blue and pink ones as well in the near future. :yes

I have trouble with the 'Ville sometimes as well. I just figured it was my laptop. :lol

Hi, Tracy. The gingham is gorgeous! :yay:clap:yay So is everything else for that matter. It looks like you have been doing a lot this month!

Hi, everyone else, too. I'm just getting in gear this morning. Sarge is mad at me, because he ran out of cat food yesterday and I didn't make it to the store last night. He'll be fine and I'll get it today. I was playing around with one of your patterns last night, Cara. By the time I got done changing this and that it doesn't look like the original at all. :lol :lol :lol I have to make a test of the pattern and in between square to see if it will work as a Games 'ghan. I'll use the test blocks as a pillow in any event. I know what it looks like in my mind's eye but can't get it to come out looking that way on the computer. Hence the practice squares. :lol :lol :lol More later.

Krystal - What a great idea! I can't believe I never thought of this before....DUH! Thanks for the tip. This is soooo much easier than trying to remember! :D

Tracy - The gingham is beautiful and I love the bus. Definitely on my list of items....my brother owns a school bus company and my sister works for him...hmm, may need two! :think

Linda - Have you seen the new free pattern for a shawl on NaturallyCaron.com, Cocobay. Very pretty. :yarn

:hug

Good morning ladies :flower

Tracy - The new gingham looks great :clap Love those little hats, too :D

Shelby - Hmm, never thought of massage for nerve pain. My sister fell a while back and she's had some tingly-ness ever since. The doctors said nothing was out of order on the x-rays and MRI but she's still having trouble. Wonder if that might help her? :scrachin

Judy - Hey, brag all you want :D I'd be very proud of him, too :yes

Val - I went out on disability about 6 years ago due to arthritis and a bunch of other junk. Crochet (especially the wonderful folks here at the 'Ville) has, literally, saved me :manyheart

Carla - Don't feel bad. I've been here about a year and a half and I still get folks mixed up. Worst is when it's people I've talked to every day for all that time :lol

Don't have MS (that I know of :P) but I have trouble some days with words not making any sense when I speak. I run along thinking I'm making perfect sense only to find out it was pretty much a string of gobbledy gook. Got so bad one day, my aunt (a nurse) thought I was having a stroke. :lol I figure it's all the meds :lol

Well, another night of only 3 hours sleep. I think I'm gonna lie down now (after checking the Sky CAL) and see if that helps with falling asleep again tonight. If I was smart, I'd skip the nap altogether. I've done that several times though and I still can't sleep.

Of course, I might not be able to sleep this morning either because Tuon and Misa are feeling perky. Tuon's chasing Misa around the house. Misa's loving every minute of it :D

Thank you, everyone. :manyheart

Krystal, I used this pattern on the Bernat website. Quick and easy, just finished my second one. They just need buttons now. :lol (my least favourite job)

The hats aren't my pattern, I just copy a paper cut out shape and put the pieces together, it is all sc and shaping.

Linda - Have you seen the new free pattern for a shawl on NaturallyCaron.com' date=' Cocobay. Very pretty. :yarn[/size']

:hug

Thanks Carla! I had not seen that one. I have now printed it out (and also saved it on puter, too) and will study it later. It is shaped like I like. It is definitely on my list now!

Hi everyone. It's so much fun to see so many here this a.m. :yes

Tracy~Everything is just wonderful! You are one talented lady. :crocheting

Carla~I think you're very brave for joining. :lol 15,000+ posts and a bunch of very talkative crochet addicts...that could be scary to some people. :D Oh! I added your squares.

Krystal, thanks for the wordpad tip!

I have to take MIL to the Dr. this a.m. and then will go get Miss Zoe. The vet told me this a.m. that she isn't eating for them, but will hopefully start when she's back home and not stressed like she is there. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Have a great morning, everyone. :)

That is too funny! I say things like that all the time. A couple years ago they found a large lesion and several smaller ones on my brain which is why I retired on disability and I could not longer do the job I was doing. Crochet is helping save my sanity from all my life changes. :crocheting

Val - I went out on disability about 6 years ago due to arthritis and a bunch of other junk. Crochet (especially the wonderful folks here at the 'Ville) has' date=' literally, saved me :manyheart [/quote']

I agree! There are days when my hands are hyper-sensetive and I just can't do much for crocheting. But there's no way I'd let it stop me :lol

Priszm - I'm not sure it's your MS... I have this problem of mixing up words that have the same first letter... "Quincy" street somehow becomes "Queen" street in my brain and so on!!! :lol

I know one of my lesions is in the part of my brain that deals with association. I'm pretty sure age isn't yet a factor, I'll be 30 in November. So it's my MS. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it :lol

Cara, good to hear that Tuon is much more like her happy self. I started playing around with your Baby Blocks pattern last night and have come up with my quiltghan project for the games. I changed the design of the pattern blocks some and the colors are vastly changed. It doesn't really look like the Baby Blocks now, even though that's what I started with. And instead Of doing the solid blocks as your pattern calls for I am making 4 large granny squares in a variegated yarn that ends up looking like a jewel tone pattern. The color is called Falling Leaves by TLC Essentials. The blocks will be in dark forest green, light green, dark brown, a medium to light brown, and orange. The falling leaves has all those colors and several more as well. I still have 180 squares to do in the pattern blocks and they are a wild assortment of solid and bi-color squares. It will still be a challenge to complete in the 16 days, but much more realistic in view of how I'm feeling.

Cara, good to hear that Tuon is much more like her happy self. I started playing around with your Baby Blocks pattern last night and have come up with my quiltghan project for the games. I changed the design of the pattern blocks some and the colors are vastly changed. It doesn't really look like the Baby Blocks now, even though that's what I started with. And instead Of doing the solid blocks as your pattern calls for I am making 4 large granny squares in a variegated yarn that ends up looking like a jewel tone pattern. The color is called Falling Leaves by TLC Essentials. The blocks will be in dark forest green, light green, dark brown, a medium to light brown, and orange. The falling leaves has all those colors and several more as well. I still have 180 squares to do in the pattern blocks and they are a wild assortment of solid and bi-color squares. It will still be a challenge to complete in the 16 days, but much more realistic in view of how I'm feeling.

I'm intrigued! :yes Can't wait to see it :D

Mary - Sure hope you can get Zoe to eat! Hugs to you both :hug

Good Afternoon or Morning,

I received this e-mail from "Talking Crochet ...with Carol Alexander, June 24, 2008: Bold & Beautiful Afghans That Celebrate Color!"

http://www.crochetmagazine.com/newsletters/talkingcrochet/index.html

This article show all kinds of ways to join squares and motifs (also saltines!). :yes

I thought it might be a great reference tool. :hook

:manyheart

Archived