Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excuse me, I need to whine for a moment. Dear darling boyfriend and I went on a whim and looked at a house today. We saw signs stating it was being auctioned today. It was like stepping in a time warp! DBF said his parent's used to have the stove that was in there. The house has paneling on one wall (thankfully small wall!) and white painted brick on another. ORANGE carpet! A sectional type sofa in a nice turqoise blue, the kind that screams 60's/70's. And orange floral print curtains. No kidding!

Anyway, it was a really nice house, decorating taste aside. 4 bedroom, 2 bath, a nice sized living and dining room. Actually, I think it's safe to say there were 2 dining areas. 2 car garage and really nice size yard. The house itself is 1700 sf, and it has these gorgeous old, huge trees! The kind that are really only seen in older neighborhoods now.

DBF left me a message stating he got outbid! :cry We both REALLY liked it! It only needed cosmetic work and a fridge! The roof is less than 5 years old and the AC unit is about 4 years old :cry But apparently he's second in line, so as bad as it sounds, I'm hoping the winning bid falls through. This is one of the few times I've walked through a house and not pictured tearing down walls :lol I do admit though the master bath would need to be a bit bigger, so maybe move a wall out a bit to increase the bath size :lol

I feel your pain. We've been looking at houses, and I remember looking when we bought this one.

The best advice I can offer is that if you don't get this one, you WILL find something you actually like a little better and you'll be happy you didn't get it after all.

Oh I know. I'm just getting impatient with living in my 2 steps up from the ghetto apartment. And I'm itching to be able to actually paint! I can here, but I'd have to paint it back to white when I move out and I don't wanna do that!

Wendy - all of your stuff is beautiful. I don't know how you find time to get it all done!

I dont know how I find time either but I do. Crocheting first then housework I say. :yes

Wendy everything looks good. I like the IC colors.

Haven't been in to check in for a while. I've been moving slowly but surely on the BIC. I have 39 finished since I last checked in.

Thanks, great progress on your BIC. :clap

Wendy - Beautiful stuff! :clap I agree with K, I don't know how you get so much done!

Yep, it's really 8 a.m. and it's really me :lol Woke up to go to the bathroom and now I'm wide awake. I figure it won't last long :lol

Yes it is strange that your not napping. :lol

Hi Ladies. :) It's been a busy day and now I can catch up a bit and relax. After an unbelievable experience with Sears repair service, we ordered the part for my treadmill ourselves and installed it today! Sure took us a while to figure it out and then recalibrate everything...but it works perfectly. :cheer (They said they ordered the part and didn't, then said it would take 2 or 3 weeks to get it. I ordered the part on Wed. and it came yesterday.)

Mary Im glad you got the treadmill working again, now you can do lots of walking.

I did a whole 19 solids today! yay!

Well done :clap

A word of advice: don't let the pile of unattached squares grow too huge before you start joining them together:P

Oh I so agree. :yes

15/25 blocks for the IC are joined now. :cheer Time to make more squares. :crocheting

Great progress Mary. :clap

:hi ladies :D just popping in with more to report.

33 more solid squares for me! I'm getting ready to put half of it together this week :yay

Well done.

Excuse me, I need to whine for a moment. Dear darling boyfriend and I went on a whim and looked at a house today. We saw signs stating it was being auctioned today. It was like stepping in a time warp! DBF said his parent's used to have the stove that was in there. The house has paneling on one wall (thankfully small wall!) and white painted brick on another. ORANGE carpet! A sectional type sofa in a nice turqoise blue, the kind that screams 60's/70's. And orange floral print curtains. No kidding!

Anyway, it was a really nice house, decorating taste aside. 4 bedroom, 2 bath, a nice sized living and dining room. Actually, I think it's safe to say there were 2 dining areas. 2 car garage and really nice size yard. The house itself is 1700 sf, and it has these gorgeous old, huge trees! The kind that are really only seen in older neighborhoods now.

DBF left me a message stating he got outbid! :cry We both REALLY liked it! It only needed cosmetic work and a fridge! The roof is less than 5 years old and the AC unit is about 4 years old :cry But apparently he's second in line, so as bad as it sounds, I'm hoping the winning bid falls through. This is one of the few times I've walked through a house and not pictured tearing down walls :lol I do admit though the master bath would need to be a bit bigger, so maybe move a wall out a bit to increase the bath size :lol

Sorry you didnt get the house but as Krystal just said, you will find something even better.:yes

Hello to everyone else your all doing an amazing job with the saltine making. :clap

Vanna's for $2.00 is hard to pass up.

WHY does Vanna have to be on sale NOW??? I just started this blanket. I was thinking...HMMMM.. I wish I would have gotten softer yarn but RHSS was on sale.. NOW I want Vanna. Maybe I could pick my next blanket?? and Hide the yarn till I need it. Hubby would shoot me if I bought enough for another blanket right now. A skein here and there is ok. but a whole afghan!!!

Hmmm. I am off tomorrow. Kids will be in school and hubby will be at work... hmmmm. Michaels is only 10 blocks away??

We shall see what happens.

Michele

Ps. My family and I went to a birthday party today that was 40 min away. I took my yarn but after 3 saltines, I started getting sick to my stomach and had to stop. I was bummed.

Oh Cara~Are you going to enter your Becky's Blocks in the contest? (Please tell me I'm remembering right that you used Vanna's yarn.) :D

Yes, I was thinking that one and remake the GT in Vanna's for starters :lol

Bummer. :(

I feel your pain. We've been looking at houses, and I remember looking when we bought this one.

The best advice I can offer is that if you don't get this one, you WILL find something you actually like a little better and you'll be happy you didn't get it after all.

This is very true :yes And sometimes a house you hate on sight (like the one I live in) turns out you fall in love with it :manyheart

I dont know how I find time either but I do. Crocheting first then housework I say. :yes

:lol :lol :lol

Just wanted to pop in a show off a pic of ducky. I have six more rows to complete and MAYBE it'll be done before the dad gets back to work from leave.

th_DSCF0878.jpg

Joyce

Joyce that looks great! :clap

WHY does Vanna have to be on sale NOW??? I just started this blanket. I was thinking...HMMMM.. I wish I would have gotten softer yarn but RHSS was on sale.. NOW I want Vanna. Maybe I could pick my next blanket?? and Hide the yarn till I need it. Hubby would shoot me if I bought enough for another blanket right now. A skein here and there is ok. but a whole afghan!!!

Hmmm. I am off tomorrow. Kids will be in school and hubby will be at work... hmmmm. Michaels is only 10 blocks away??

We shall see what happens.

Michele

Ps. My family and I went to a birthday party today that was 40 min away. I took my yarn but after 3 saltines, I started getting sick to my stomach and had to stop. I was bummed.

Sorry you got to feeling sick. Hope all is better now :hug You only buy yarn as you need it? That's a concept I just can't grasp :lol I regularly buy yarn because it's pretty, on sale or I'm just in the mood. Now DH isn't quite thrilled with the idea of it but we've been married long enough that I just don't care :lol Hope you can get some :hug

Good Morning, all. :)

Heather ~ 33 more solids added. :yarn

Val ~ 16 more on the list. The house sounds like it has great possibilities...let us know if anything changes. :yes

Hi Joyce! Just Ducky is looking good. :hook

Hey everyone.

Priszm sorry about the house. I hope you can find something soon. I know what you mean about wanting your own place.

I went to the neighbors last night. I ended up making a ton of saltines. I have 62 solids to report. I probably won't get any more made today though. Gotta get these sewn together first :yes

OK ladies.. How many saltines can you get from one skein of Vanna's choice??? (3.5)

I just went to look.. but I was overwhellems as to how many skeins I would need to buy. Maybe if I find out soon, I will run back before hubby gets home from work.

Thanks,

Michele

OK ladies.. How many saltines can you get from one skein of Vanna's choice??? (3.5)

I just went to look.. but I was overwhellems as to how many skeins I would need to buy. Maybe if I find out soon, I will run back before hubby gets home from work.

Thanks,

Michele

I've never actually counted from Vanna's :think I would be safe and say 24 from each :yes

Besides, you could always (*gasp*) return them if you don't use them. More likely, you can use them for another project. :yes

Return yarn? Are you nuts? That has to be against the laws of nature or something :rofl

Ok, I am not allowed to go anywhere near a Michael's or Joann's for awhile! Oh, and my Joann's was handing out coupon sheets again. Anyway, my trip to Michael's cost me $30, and that was being conservative! I bought yarn for 2 H bags, one will be black and orange with white trim for my neighbor. The other I got dusty rose, antique rose, dusty sage (or something like that) and pink for another bag. Although, while looking at them I kept thinking of the braided mile a minute. So I might do that instead with those colors. Then, DBF really liked the dragon he saw a picture of on here before. So I got kelly green and a nice bright blue for that for him.

That was only my first stop today too. I then went to a local bowling alley and reserved lanes for my birthday party :cheer and then went to Joann's. I bought some cording for my fat bottom bag to use as the handles. I finished my expensive day at Walmart picking up a few items and getting a gift card so I could go buy gas at 2.93 a gallon!!!!! These bank holidays are expensive for me :lol

Donna, WTG on making so many squares. They're on the list. :)

Val, sounds like a great day! We like pictures of yarn, too. :D

I met DD for lunch at Pei Wei and then came home. I was only two blocks from Michaels, but my allergies are sooo bad and just couldn't wait to get home. :( DH was amazed that I came home with no yarn. :lol

Ok, I am not allowed to go anywhere near a Michael's or Joann's for awhile! Oh, and my Joann's was handing out coupon sheets again. Anyway, my trip to Michael's cost me $30, and that was being conservative! I bought yarn for 2 H bags, one will be black and orange with white trim for my neighbor. The other I got dusty rose, antique rose, dusty sage (or something like that) and pink for another bag. Although, while looking at them I kept thinking of the braided mile a minute. So I might do that instead with those colors. Then, DBF really liked the dragon he saw a picture of on here before. So I got kelly green and a nice bright blue for that for him.

That was only my first stop today too. I then went to a local bowling alley and reserved lanes for my birthday party :cheer and then went to Joann's. I bought some cording for my fat bottom bag to use as the handles. I finished my expensive day at Walmart picking up a few items and getting a gift card so I could go buy gas at 2.93 a gallon!!!!! These bank holidays are expensive for me :lol

Sounds like a productive day to me :hook What bank holiday is it? Maybe that's why my banker hasn't called us :think Is it a mail holiday too?

Donna, WTG on making so many squares. They're on the list. :)

Val, sounds like a great day! We like pictures of yarn, too. :D

I met DD for lunch at Pei Wei and then came home. I was only two blocks from Michaels, but my allergies are sooo bad and just couldn't wait to get home. :( DH was amazed that I came home with no yarn. :lol

Glad you got to have lunch with DD :hug My allergies are all messed up too. At least that's what I think it is. Sneezing, coughing, cloudy eyes, head and body achy :yuck I had it most of last week but Thursday and Friday were better. Now it's back and I just do NOT have time for it right now :lol

Hi Miss Cara. Yep, it's Columbus Day. I forgot about it and went by the bank on the way to lunch. :blush So sorry that you're not feeling well. :hug Mine are definitely allergies...maybe rain would help?

Archived