Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

I finished 60 solid squares this weekend. I am using the join as you go method. I like the added texture it is giving me and really reminding me of falling leaves.

:hook

Hi Kidge! WTG on making so many squares. :cheer I've added them to the list. :)

So much for crocheting this afternoon...but I'm going to start now.:hook

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Karen~35 solids added. Are you making more of those adorable baby ghans?

Yes I am making another baby quilt-ghan - this one is in burgandy, medium pink and white. It's getting closer to complete and I'll post a picture once it is done.

And add another 20 squares for me please :D

Just a quick hello from chilly Wisconsin :wbrrAutumn is here!

Mary, 10 Bi-color and 18 solids for me.

I managed to get the GT done over the weekend, but, alas, I have no camera to share a pic. I will have to wait until my daughter comes back from college for a weekend and get her over here to take one for me. I really love how this turned out!!! :manyheart

Good Morning, all. :)

Karen ~ Can't wait to see your baby ghan. :c9 20 solids added.

Donna ~ I saw your shawls on the Sky Cal - they're beautiful! :cheer Glad you're back to the IC and I've added 15 more solids.

Hi Cathy ~ Your Rebel flag sounds wonderful. Looking forward to pictures and I've got you down for 30 solids and 24 bi-colors. :hook

Laura Lee ~ DH was in Madison last week and said it was really warm for this time of year...sounds like that has changed. :lol Yay for finishing your GT and more progress on the Casa!

I'll be gone til later this afternoon. Have a great day, everyone. :manyheart

I am using the join as you go method. I like the added texture it is giving me and really reminding me of falling leaves.

:hook

What is this method? Because I started a baby blanket, and the sheer volume of ends to weave in made me quit after Row 3!

Mary 4 solids and 8 bi-colors to report!

:hi ladies just flying through with my report.

Linda sorry to hear Kim has shingles. My MIL just fought that on her face and was miserable. Hope she gets relief soon.

I am making a normal granny to start. Then on the second (and subsequent) square the first row is just the normal ch 3 2 dc, ch 2, 3 dc, ch 2 3 dc ch 2 3 dc ch 2 join w sl st to the beg ch 3 for the second row I turn sl st into the first chain 2, ch 3 2 dc ch 2 3 dc (in the same space), ch 1 3 dc in next ch space. then sc in a corner space of the square I want to join to 3 dc in same space of the square I am making, sc in the next ch 1 space on the square I am joining to, 3 dc on the sqare I am making. then finish the square I am making. I am joining them diagonally so I am joining two sides at a time.

I can post a picture after work cuz I know those instructions are horrid.

Good day ladies :flower

Laura - Great job on completing the GT :clap And you're making wonderful progress on your Casa :cheer Hope DD comes home soon so you can post a photo :hug

Mary - I'm sorry dear but I'm drawing a blank today :blush What project are you doing now?

Karen - Can't wait to see your new baby blanket :cheer

Cathy - Will we see photos of the flag soon? :D

Donna - Yay for new progress on your IC :clap

Well today I'm gonna make some saltines but I have three other projects minimum that I need to start. Where does the time go? :lol I'm afraid the IC and rug will be put on the back burner for a bit since those are ones I'm actually gonna keep.

:hi Cara, which other projects are you going to start? Looks like the days of one project at a time are gone. :lol

Yes, I'm afraid so. :sigh I have some holiday patterns I've got to get going on. A few dolls, some other toys, stuff like that. I always hate to say in advance because when I do things never seem to work out right :lol We all remember that awful bear for my niece's baby shower *shudder* :lol

Hi Heather! I've added 4 solids and 8 bi-colors. :hook

Cara ~ don't feel bad. Sometimes I can't remember what I'm working on either. :lol Just plodding along on the double IC. :crocheting

Anyone else having trouble multi-quoting posts? If I just click one post (for multi-quote), it goes straight to the post "box." Pretty minor inconvenience, though. :yes

:hi Cara, which other projects are you going to start? Looks like the days of one project at a time are gone. :lol

Denise is allowed to cruise the boards and :crocheting again. She finished her homework today. :lol

:yay for Denise finishing her homework and can now crochet.

Yes, I'm afraid so. :sigh I have some holiday patterns I've got to get going on. A few dolls, some other toys, stuff like that. I always hate to say in advance because when I do things never seem to work out right :lol We all remember that awful bear for my niece's baby shower *shudder* :lol

Cara you have multiple projects, well thats just fantastic. :yay:cheer you go girl. :D

Two more blocks (of 25) joined tonight. :hook Have a good night, all. :manyheart

Well done Mary :clap

Archived