Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whew I have all the squares complete for my ATW :clap Now I need to finish sewing them together (there are lots to do).

The bad weather and rain yesterday gave me lots of time for saltine making and I was a machine :eek

Mary add 95 solids to my score please :yes

I can't wait til this blankie is done so I can start another quilt-ghan. Cara you have me completely hooked on these :hug I have some extra squares done and plan to make a few baby quilt-ghans. When I was making my ATW squares if I had a bit left over in a skein I kept making squares until the skein was done and put the extras away for future blankies.

What dimensions have people been making for baby quilts? How many squares wide and long??

However I can make it into a quilt ghan works for me! Thanks! :clap

Mary, please add 8 more solids and 6 bi-colored squares to my total! Thanks! :cheer

Done. :)

Mary, please add 24 solids for me please :D

What took me so long?? The fear of sewing squares together and then having it stay together :lol

We're just glad you're finally here! 24 solids added. :)

Whew I have all the squares complete for my ATW :clap Now I need to finish sewing them together (there are lots to do).

The bad weather and rain yesterday gave me lots of time for saltine making and I was a machine :eek

Super progress, Karen! WTG on completing all the squares. :hook

Here are 2 of my projects.

th_P1030780.jpg This is my cat ghan and it will read Milo Coco and have 2 cats on it. This is the first block done.

th_P1030781.jpg This is my Grecian Tiles so far.

I love the colors, Wendy! You're so fast!

I can't wait til this blankie is done so I can start another quilt-ghan. Cara you have me completely hooked on these :hug I have some extra squares done and plan to make a few baby quilt-ghans. When I was making my ATW squares if I had a bit left over in a skein I kept making squares until the skein was done and put the extras away for future blankies.

What dimensions have people been making for baby quilts? How many squares wide and long??

Another convert :yay Baby blankets seem to range anywhere from 36-42" square, 36" x 42" for a crib blanket and about 18" square for preemie size. There. Totally confused now? :lol

Here are 2 of my projects.

th_P1030780.jpg This is my cat ghan and it will read Milo Coco and have 2 cats on it. This is the first block done.

th_P1030781.jpg This is my Grecian Tiles so far.

I love 'em both! :clap The GT looks fabulous in that green :yes

Wendy they both look great. That cat quilt will be really nice.

Went to bed kind of early last night. I wasn't feeling that great. I got 26 saltines done yesterday.

Sure hope you're feeling better this morning :hug

Well it's only 1 a.m. on Monday morning in Australia but....

:bday

Wendy!!

:clap:dance:party:dance:clap

Wendy, the GT's look awesome! I love that shade of green. Reminds me of Spring :D

Karen, I can't wait to see your finished ATW! I've loved watching it develop and love the colors you've choosen. As for the baby blankets, I know people say preemie blankets are to be smaller. But personally I think they should be the same size as any other baby blanket. I KNOW that means the baby is going to be dwarfed by it, but the baby isn't going to be that tiny forever :D So with something homemade, that the parents are going to cherish even more because it was made by hand with all that goes into it, I just think the baby should have the opportunity to enjoy it longer.

Priszm, the NIC unit will take both...but you're right about bigger blankets. They like to use them for the isolettes, too - cover them so it's not so bright for the little ones.

I knew you guys would get me in trouble....

When I was first stash diving and choosing yarn for my "We're All God's Children" I thought I'd come in here and lurk to catch up with y'all. I'll be good, I said. I can't possibly start another project, I said.

Meh.

I'm going to throw one block's worth of yarn and my trusty G hook in my purse today and use it as my carry along ONLY. I've printed the pattern page with the layout, figured out how many of each solid/combo I need, and made a little check off list on the side of the graph. Then I made nine copies and put one in each gallon ziplock that hold the yarn for each "girl". I don't have my background yarn yet, but all those baggies with three different balls in each are just calling to me.... I must give in! It'll take me forever to get the whole ghan done if I only work on it when I am not home, but that's OK. I'll get to appreciate each little girl as she comes to life, even if I only get to spend a few hours a week with them.

Y'all are a bad influence, I tell ya. I've been off saltines for a year and now I'm fallin' off the wagon....

I knew you guys would get me in trouble....

When I was first stash diving and choosing yarn for my "We're All God's Children" I thought I'd come in here and lurk to catch up with y'all. I'll be good, I said. I can't possibly start another project, I said.

Meh.

I'm going to throw one block's worth of yarn and my trusty G hook in my purse today and use it as my carry along ONLY. I've printed the pattern page with the layout, figured out how many of each solid/combo I need, and made a little check off list on the side of the graph. Then I made nine copies and put one in each gallon ziplock that hold the yarn for each "girl". I don't have my background yarn yet, but all those baggies with three different balls in each are just calling to me.... I must give in! It'll take me forever to get the whole ghan done if I only work on it when I am not home, but that's OK. I'll get to appreciate each little girl as she comes to life, even if I only get to spend a few hours a week with them.

Y'all are a bad influence, I tell ya. I've been off saltines for a year and now I'm fallin' off the wagon....

So which one are you putting yarn into the baggies for? All God's Children? Is that the one we're tempting to you to add to your WIP's with? If so, welcome to the million WIP's club :lol

I was actually considering going to Joann's today for yet more yarn! It's their coupon bonanza week and I somehow not only got the ad in the mail with all the coupons, but the cashier gave me 2 flyers when I was last in their. I really can't turn down 40% off coupons now can I? I was going to go buy the yarn I decided on for my Fat Bottom Purse. But DBF is heading over during half time so I'll yarn shop later. It's a good excuse to just sit and work on the Pink Ribbon.

hapbirthdayyy.gifWENDY!!

I need to grab my scissors and trim the ends off of the saltines I made and sewed together yesterday, then decide whether to make more today or try to get some WIP's closer to finished. Decisions, decisions :lol

So which one are you putting yarn into the baggies for? All God's Children? Is that the one we're tempting to you to add to your WIP's with? If so, welcome to the million WIP's club :lol

I was actually considering going to Joann's today for yet more yarn! It's their coupon bonanza week and I somehow not only got the ad in the mail with all the coupons, but the cashier gave me 2 flyers when I was last in their. I really can't turn down 40% off coupons now can I? I was going to go buy the yarn I decided on for my Fat Bottom Purse. But DBF is heading over during half time so I'll yarn shop later. It's a good excuse to just sit and work on the Pink Ribbon.

I never get coupons for JoAnns! And I was just there an the person inline in front of my had the book. Luckily I don't usually by things that aren't already on sale, so it's not too bad.

I never get coupons for JoAnns! And I was just there an the person inline in front of my had the book. Luckily I don't usually by things that aren't already on sale, so it's not too bad.

Next time you go, ask them to sign you up for their mailing list. I don't get the paper, so I love getting the ad in the mail. Between the ad and the flyer they handed out awhile ago, I've got a ton! And the yarn I wanted wasn't on sale, so this was great! I got three skeins of Bernat Silk for $4.78!!

Wendy, Happy Birthday!

Ok folks I'm totally paint challenged.... I have a really nice elephant ghan graphed... I can not figure out how to do it with the paint option on my 'puter... my scanner isn't working either...

Hmm, I'm not real familiar with Paint either. I use a program called Paint Shop Pro. But I think I can give you some basic info. First, you do have a copy of some form of digital graph paper right? If not here's the one I use. There are several other graph paper generators out there but I don't know where. You can google them.

You fill the individual squares in using the programs flood fill option. I make bi-color squares by using the pen tool in PSP. Just draw a diagonal line through it. That breaks up the square into two units that can be flood filled separately. The tool might be called a pen, draw, line or something along that line in Paint. You're looking for something to draw a straight line with is all.

Hope that helped some :think

Re: JoAnns coupons

I get them by mail because I filled out the little mailing list form they have in the store. If your store isn't real diligent about them (and ours isn't :P) you may have to fill it out a couple of times. I also signed up online for the ad to come to my email box. I get TWO sets of store coupons that way. It was the manager's suggestion. Plus, via email you get online only coupons that are pretty good sometimes :yes

:birthday, Wendy!!

Had a great weekend of visiting with both sides of the family. The girls were happy to share tales of their first week of school with the grandmas and grandpas, and I do not think they took many breaths between stories for two days. Can you guess they were a little crazy? :hyper That's alright. I took some cute pics as they talked and gestured, and I know the folks loved seeing them.

Here is the Preemie Saltine

th_PreemieSaltine1b.jpg

th_PreemieSaltine1c.jpg

clickable

So cute. Love it!! As for the tail at the start of my saltines...I start with quite a short one, and I work it in, entirely, before I start on the second round.

Ok, I made my FIRST 14 saltines and pieced them together to make the first row of the PCQ for Violet! I won't have time to work on any more this weekend as I have a TON of homework, but I will make the next row in the near future! :yes

Mary, please put 14 solids for my total so far! Thanks! :hug

Sounds as though you are making quick progress with the Penguin Cuddle. Hope the homework went quickly, so that you could get back and make some saltines. It will be exciting to see the little guy emerge as you piece the squares together.

Cathy -- great to hear your first day was a success! Do you work every day? Hope you found those new shoes you needed.

Hi, Pickles :hi So glad to hear that you survived your move. Living out of boxes does not sound like much fun, but, at least, you have an end-in-sight, and you will be moved by the holiday season. Looking forward to seeing you around more regularly, as the pace of your life slows down.

Wendy -- How fun it was to see the Cat-ghan and your green GT. Your fingers have just been flying with your yarn, haven't they?!?

:waving Mary -- Did you finish your housework? I have 48 Solids to report. I crocheted a bit, and then I spent the car ride this weekend assembling blocks of the Double IC. Two rows of blocks are almost done :P It still needs more blocks before it will look like much, I am afraid.

Tracy -- How nice to see a picture of Kayla one her way to school. I had to wear a uniform when I attended school in Japan, and it really made mornings easier to know what I was supposed to jump into when the alarm clock rang. Can't say that I mind the uniform idea too much. Glad school is going so well for your daughter.

:hi Judy, Mel and Everyone Else. :flowerGood to see you.

Tracy -- How nice to see a picture of Kayla one her way to school. I had to wear a uniform when I attended school in Japan, and it really made mornings easier to know what I was supposed to jump into when the alarm clock rang. Can't say that I mind the uniform idea too much. Glad school is going so well for your daughter.

You went to school in Japan? So did my daddy until about the 11th grade :yes His boy scout uniform patches and words are in English and Japanese. Small world I tell you what :yes

Archived