Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

Here is a hint for all of you ladies who order online...

When you put in y0our name/address - just make sure your "Ship To:" address is different than your billing address. .... Change the name to "Joanne Smith - RAOK" and then you can tell your DH's that it was a gift.. :lol

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes we do love to get everyone excited about making saltines. I love the star in your avatar by the way.

Thank you. I made it last year but have no idea where it wandered off to. My DS probably walked off with it. He loved it. I'll probably see it hanging on his Christmas tree this year :lol

Hi everyone! I've started 3 posts and the phone keeps ringing, so I'll just make it short for now. :)

Welcome to Annie and Mel! We always love to have new people join in. :hook

I think we need to discuss something, ladies. Now that Krystal has finally given in and joined us...and even though she has sworn that she would never make little squares...and even though we are so happy she is here - don't you think we should ask her to leave her bat at home? This calls for a vote.:yes

HB is rough with the yarn!!! :eek I think you should educate him in the proper yarn handling procedure. :yes

You guys are too funny today. :lol

I know I haven't said this in a while...you all are sooo special and sure are the "bright spot" for me on lots of days. This afternoon has been full of more family stuff and I'm laughing with you instead of :thair. Thanks, ladies. :)

Thank you Cara and Joyce.

Joyce, that is beautiful in those colors.

Looks like mine are ok :whew

I got bored today and I played around with graph paper and came up with a pattern for a baby (preemie) ghan. I'm starting small.

Looks like I am going to try my hand at a saltine ghan :eek

this could get interesting :lol

Mel, here's a present for you! I used this site for my pink ribbon ghan. I figured out how big I wanted it to be, plugged my length and width nbrs in and magically got a graph based on my design :D Plus, when it's in Adobe, if you copy it to Clipboard then paste it in Paint, you can use the paint can and line draws to help create your design.

I know I haven't said this in a while...you all are sooo special and sure are the "bright spot" for me on lots of days. This afternoon has been full of more family stuff and I'm laughing with you instead of :thair. Thanks, ladies. :)

:hug I hope everything is going ok! :hug

Mel, here's a present for you! I used this site for my pink ribbon ghan. I figured out how big I wanted it to be, plugged my length and width nbrs in and magically got a graph based on my design :D Plus, when it's in Adobe, if you copy it to Clipboard then paste it in Paint, you can use the paint can and line draws to help create your design.

Thank You :hug

I was looking for something like that.

When you put in y0our name/address - just make sure your "Ship To:" address is different than your billing address. .... Change the name to "Joanne Smith - RAOK" and then you can tell your DH's that it was a gift.. :lol

Oh, you ARE devious!:devil

Thank You :hug

I was looking for something like that.

No problem. That was part of the issue I was having w/ the pink ribbon. I had to have an exact in order for me to figure out the design :lol

Mary hope everything is ok. :hug

No problem. That was part of the issue I was having w/ the pink ribbon. I had to have an exact in order for me to figure out the design :lol

I was having a heck of a time today, so I stuck with a simple 3 color preemie size.

Making the saltines isn't a problem at all. I like making them. It is the sewing together that may be tough. I've never sewn squares together before.

This could get interesting :yes

I was having a heck of a time today, so I stuck with a simple 3 color preemie size.

Making the saltines isn't a problem at all. I like making them. It is the sewing together that may be tough. I've never sewn squares together before.

I'm doing Join as you Go, but I wish I'd stuck w/ whipstitch. It's gotten very bulky as I've gone so now I'm skipping a row, starting over and the skipped row will be a joining row.

I love the way your evil little mind works :devil

oooo Mary, where is the spoon smiley? :devil I vote the :tryme stays in the Row a Day and Wheel of Fortune Cals. :yes

I second that :yes

HB is rough with the yarn!!! :eek I think you should educate him in the proper yarn handling procedure. :yes

Yes she should! Might have to call the ASPCY (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Yarn) on him :yes

And we love you too :manyheart :2hug

Just make sure you don't let them pile up and it's not so overwhelming :yes

Ive only ever done the chain in the corner and i also don't turn the square...i think it looks better if its all worked on one side...just my take on it.

Welcome to the new Ladies!!!

I got my first 4 rows whipped :yay together so now back to making more saltines.

I have learned the hard way to join/stitch each square as I go (using Wendy's long tail method, except I sc in the corner so my tail come right out the corner intead of off to the side), and I do all the ends as I go as well. I'm working on it now as HB watches the Bills play pre-season football.

Yes, Wendy, I am making an attempt to make a saltine ghan.

I couldn't resist the force field coming from the saltine ladies any longer.

Careful, they're addictive. I started one and put it aside to work on one for the games, finished that and have plans in mind for a Christmas-y one to do with my Red Heart Christmas yarn and one for my sister involving roses. Of course, I have to finish the first one I started before October. It's never ending once you're sucked in. :lol:hook

Joyce

Hi everyone! I've started 3 posts and the phone keeps ringing, so I'll just make it short for now. :)

Welcome to Annie and Mel! We always love to have new people join in. :hook

I think we need to discuss something, ladies. Now that Krystal has finally given in and joined us...and even though she has sworn that she would never make little squares...and even though we are so happy she is here - don't you think we should ask her to leave her bat at home? This calls for a vote.:yes

I can get on board with that. Or at least leave it at the other CALs:hook

Joyce

Archived