Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cara, people from outside the ville wouldn;t even notice you left out the size of the square... trust me on that one:yes

You're probably right but that's one of the things I love about y'all....you keep me straight and help make the site better :manyheart

6 1/2" Geez I just forgot everything :blush

Oh man that's gonna take a lot for a queen sized bed! Hmmm, I'll need to consider a larger hook :lol Mom and Dad's room is painted pale pale green, so I'm thinking either a blue or yellow. But I did tell them to pick.

Oh man that's gonna take a lot for a queen sized bed! Hmmm, I'll need to consider a larger hook :lol Mom and Dad's room is painted pale pale green, so I'm thinking either a blue or yellow. But I did tell them to pick.

Oooh I'd love to see it done in a color :yes

I'm envisioning a blue or yellow in a darker shade with a nice contrasting lighter shade for the border. I'm pretty sure it'll be a color, they have 2 cats, tuxedo's, and a Tri colored Sheltie. Mom already nixed white. :D

I like the houndstooth design... I already have two designs in mind. One is multi colors or scrap houndtooth (which was white parts in picture) with black (black parts in picture) background. :yes

I'm envisioning a blue or yellow in a darker shade with a nice contrasting lighter shade for the border. I'm pretty sure it'll be a color, they have 2 cats, tuxedo's, and a Tri colored Sheltie. Mom already nixed white. :D

I know what you mean. I've got two black cats. Think I'm gonna end up regretting this Irish Chain with vast amounts of Cream :lol Thank goodness for super size washing machines :lol

I like the houndstooth design... I already have two designs in mind. One is multi colors or scrap houndtooth (which was white parts in picture) with black (black parts in picture) background. :yes

Oh that sounds very cool :yes

Cara - I'm going to be looking again at that triple irish chain and might be starting on some saltines in the near future. Have to figure out the best way to do them in blocks so I can work as I go....

I finished the games, and have a daisy nearly done. I really am down to WIPs until I get started on the afghan for the kids' school basket raffle. Haven't decided 100% what to do...

I really should take a look at all my WIPs and start on a plan to get them ALL done... imagine THAT!!! :faint

Not enough time to go through all the posts I've missed but soooooo excited to see that some new patterns have been added at HYH. YAAY! I finished the windwalker and received WONDERFUL compliments on it. My best friend's husband couldn't say enough how pretty it was and how much he liked it, which blew both of us away lol. LOVE that country check afghan that's posted, can you tell I'm jazzed having just completed my first quilt. You can see it at the top of my blog (in my siggy)

Joyce

I succeeded! It took an all-nighter to do it, but I took the last joining stitch just before it turned 11:00 this morning. The last joining row was a boogerbear. The length of the ghan and changing yarn color every single square of the row. Yikes! :eek I have to remember not to do that again. Especially if I'm on a time crunch.

Mary ~ 10 more solids and 20 more bi-colors.

Congratulations, Linda! :cheer

Not enough time to go through all the posts I've missed but soooooo excited to see that some new patterns have been added at HYH. YAAY! I finished the windwalker and received WONDERFUL compliments on it. My best friend's husband couldn't say enough how pretty it was and how much he liked it, which blew both of us away lol. LOVE that country check afghan that's posted, can you tell I'm jazzed having just completed my first quilt. You can see it at the top of my blog (in my siggy)

Joyce

Your Windwalker is wonderful, Joyce.:hook

Joyce

Joyce that came out great! :clap I'm glad it was so well received :hug

Welcome back, Krystal. I hope you had a great vacation. I saw your doilies' picture - they are all just beautiful!

See you all tomorrow. :manyheart

Night Mary :hug

I hadnt thought about what to do with the pattern. I mean all I did was take a coloring in page and turn it into a saltine ghan. Your quite welcome to add it to your website. Would anyone want to make one though.

I think it'd be great if you let Cara post this.

Mary, HURRY BACK! Its been kinda quiet here without you!

Ok so I have a lengthy update for everyone! I've been MIA lately, just getting on once a day at the most to check everything out. We have been offered the tech position back in Arizona. Just found out yesterday and there is a possibility that we will need to report to work there by SEPT 2ND!!!!!!! That gives me a week to have the house packed and ready to go! I was not expecting it this quickly so I'm freaking out a little! So I'm going to be MIA a little longer as I will have so much to do between now and then. There is a possibility that HR will drag there feet and not release us in time which means our report to work date would be October 13 but we won't know for sure until Monday or Tuesday so we are packing as if it will be Sept 2nd. I will for sure have a project with me at all times as I pack everything else but I will be without my stash for a week or 2. I will still have internet the entire time with the laptop and my blackberry connection so I will try to check in but I will miss you all while I'm away! Keep hooking! :hug

Pickles, wow, quick turnaround. Good luck.

Okie dokie....like it or hate it....here's the houndstooth.....

htoothdone.jpg

I liked it better once I laid it out. I think it would work better as a full size ghan probably :think

I love it!

Joyce that came out great! :clap I'm glad it was so well received :hug

Cara, I have you to thank for it. It really motivated me to complete ducky, once my Sept. shower stuff is done.

Joyce

I think it would be lovely in pale yellow.

Joyce i love the colors you used on that...great job.

Mary-32 solids

Well off to add a few rows to DS ripple...:P I should probably join Krystals CAL just to get this monster done on time :lol

I really like the look - it's very classy. I would do it in a soft white, maybe....

Maybe i can make it for my DS and his GF's hope chest...

I am the eternal optomist:lol

Yes what a great idea. :yes

Got it, Cara~

Are the squares 5 inchers? Just curious....

Oooh Judy is starting another project. :yay

I went to look at the update and saw the witch again. I think I might make her soon :yes I love Halloween and she'll make a great addition to the Halloween decor. I'll have to check out my stash and see if I have all the colors or not.

I didn't work on the quilt yet. I might during the movie tonight though. I've been doing the train all day. Got all the PC pieces cut out and am now working on the crocheted pieces. I'll work on the quilt tomorrow for sure and have a count for Mary then.

You will get that train finished, dont worry.

6 1/2" Geez I just forgot everything :blush

Age does that to ya.... :rofl

Cara - I'm going to be looking again at that triple irish chain and might be starting on some saltines in the near future. Have to figure out the best way to do them in blocks so I can work as I go....

I finished the games, and have a daisy nearly done. I really am down to WIPs until I get started on the afghan for the kids' school basket raffle. Haven't decided 100% what to do...

I really should take a look at all my WIPs and start on a plan to get them ALL done... imagine THAT!!! :faint

FINALLY, we have hooked Krystal into making saltines. :yay:D

Good Morning! The only time frame AT&T (to fix my DSL) would give me is between 8 and 5, so could be a long day waiting, but sure hope not.

Cara, your Grecian Tiles is a beautiful pattern! Lots of interest in it and won't it be fun to see colors people choose? :yarn

Mary-32 solids

Added!

Good morning Mary :hug I sure hope AT&T has you at the top of the list. Now if we could just get them to run over to Georgia and fix Linda's :yes

Yes, I'm up this early. Don't ask me why. I see a nap in my future :lol

Hi, Wendy and everybody!

I am just so in love with making squares these days (even as my ATW lurks over my shoulder) that I can see the Grecian Tiles getting done much easier than most of my projects - all of which have color changes!

Portable projects are so nice:hook

The soft white might be good for this - but I think it would look VERY striking in black (I have light up hooks:lol)

Young people like black...and I know DS has lots of dark blue in his apartment...need to recheck the colors since they've been painting.

I still might end up with soft white:P

Good morning Mary :hug I sure hope AT&T has you at the top of the list. Now if we could just get them to run over to Georgia and fix Linda's :yes

Yes, I'm up this early. Don't ask me why. I see a nap in my future :lol

Okay, my DSL is back and much faster than before! Cara, I hope you're feeling okay. :manyheart

Morning ladies.

I got a little work done on the quilt last night.

Mary - 18 solids

Hi Donna. Squares are added. :)

Archived