Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I finished my Koala ghan. :yay:woo

It is 18 squares X 20 squares and measures 45X49 inches.

Picture is clickable

th_P1030732.jpg

Oh! Oh! Oh!! That is fabulous!! Excellent work Wendy :cheer

Shelly and Cara thankyou. :hug

Not very good with naming things although this blankie was made because of Cuddles the koala that comes into our garden ever now and again and thats what we named him.

That's a perfect name! Cuddles the Koala cuddle ghan :D

Oh, I agree that people can be so silly. My girls have always worn a ton of pink, and it always amazed me how often someone in a store would ask about my 'son.' Golly, I wish I was able to think on my feet as quickly as you, Priszm. That's a great response! :lol

GORGEOUS, Wendy :clap I like the name "Cuddles..." and you did just a wonderful job on him.

Shelly -- Great progress. You will be finished in no time. :cheer

Donna -- Your adaption looks fabulous! I love the colors on your graph, and I hope you will come back an show us updates.

I took a pause from saltines last night to make a couple of cool-weather hats for the girls, because I know autumn mornings are not far away, but I plan to be back, working on my Double Irish Chain, today.

Mary -- please add 25 solids.

So I'm looking at a comment posted by someone on my blog. Wordpress (Blogger might do this too) will show either an avatar type of their choice (they use Wordpress and it's what they've choosen to have appear) or one I've selected as a default.

The comment that I was looking at had an avatar I don't have on my list of ones to let people use. But I like it. A lot. And I was looking at it and thought, hmmm, that might make a great saltine ghan!

It's clickable, and sorry it's so small. That's the size from the avatar and how it saved.

th_possiblesaltineghan.jpg

Yay! I've been without internet since Thursday and it feels like weeks. :lol I've missed you guys. My DSL is still out, (they're coming Monday) but I hooked up directly to DH's work station as soon as he packed his for a trip...and only with temporary passwords from his IT guy!

I haven't read even one post, and must leave right now for the parents, but can't wait to catch up later. :hook

I finished my Koala ghan. :yay:woo

It is 18 squares X 20 squares and measures 45X49 inches.

Picture is clickable

th_P1030732.jpg

This is down right ADORABLE!!! :cheer Great job!

Shelly and Cara thankyou. :hug

Not very good with naming things although this blankie was made because of Cuddles the koala that comes into our garden ever now and again and thats what we named him.

And wait, you get koalas coming in and out of your garden!? :eek I didn't realize they were that domesticated!

Laura Lee congratulations. :yay Yes yarn shopping is a go, you will need lots of blue yarn.

I will never forget when Kelly was a baby I had her all dressed in pink even pink booties and pink hat and a lady came up to me and asked if it was a boy or girl.

Im on the last row of the border and then just had to give the Koala a mouth and it should be done.

I've literally had people come up to me, with Lennon dressed in ALL pink, and say "Is SHE a BOY?"

REally? REALLY? :oopsThats one of those "here's your sign" moments!

I think that's where smart alec in me would come out. "We don't know yet, we're respecting the baby's privacy by not looking" :devil

:lol:lol:lol

Priszm I am doing one that I converted from a fabric design. It's called Path to the Cabin. Here is my graph of what it should look like when it's finished.

Pathtothecabin3x4.jpg

VERY pretty! Can't wait to see it finished!

He he Donna, we keep posting at the same time it looks like :D

As for the smart alec part, if I'm caught in just the right mood and I'm thinking quick enough, watch out :D DBF and I went to a local fair a couple months after we started dating. We were standing in line waiting for the gates to the concert we were goint to attend to open. This lady was wandering around asking people if they accepted God so they could go to heaven.

Now, there is NO OFFENSE meant whatsoever! I just couldn't resist. I told the lady I spent enough time being cold (grew up in MN after all!) so I was ok with going to the warmer option. And when she told me heaven is beautiful and wonderful I then asked how she knew, had she been there before? Yeah, :devil was sitting on my shoulder that day.

OOOOH you and my DH would get along great!

That's a perfect name! Cuddles the Koala cuddle ghan :D

I agree! :yes Also think it would make a great addition to HYH!

Yay! I've been without internet since Thursday and it feels like weeks. :lol I've missed you guys. My DSL is still out, (they're coming Monday) but I hooked up directly to DH's work station as soon as he packed his for a trip...and only with temporary passwords from his IT guy!

I haven't read even one post, and must leave right now for the parents, but can't wait to catch up later. :hook

Mary, HURRY BACK! Its been kinda quiet here without you!

Ok so I have a lengthy update for everyone! I've been MIA lately, just getting on once a day at the most to check everything out. We have been offered the tech position back in Arizona. Just found out yesterday and there is a possibility that we will need to report to work there by SEPT 2ND!!!!!!! That gives me a week to have the house packed and ready to go! I was not expecting it this quickly so I'm freaking out a little! So I'm going to be MIA a little longer as I will have so much to do between now and then. There is a possibility that HR will drag there feet and not release us in time which means our report to work date would be October 13 but we won't know for sure until Monday or Tuesday so we are packing as if it will be Sept 2nd. I will for sure have a project with me at all times as I pack everything else but I will be without my stash for a week or 2. I will still have internet the entire time with the laptop and my blackberry connection so I will try to check in but I will miss you all while I'm away! Keep hooking! :hug

I agree Cuddles the Koala Cuddleghan sounds cool.....

Block #7 is now DONE

2 more to go

:cheer:clap:cheer

Thanks Dusti. I almost have all the pinks for half the quilt finished and sewn together. Next I'll work on one of the blues. I'm hoping to start the blues today sometime.

:cheer:clap:cheer

There you are!! Thank goodness you at least found a way to make contact :manyheart

Mary, HURRY BACK! Its been kinda quiet here without you!

Ok so I have a lengthy update for everyone! I've been MIA lately, just getting on once a day at the most to check everything out. We have been offered the tech position back in Arizona. Just found out yesterday and there is a possibility that we will need to report to work there by SEPT 2ND!!!!!!! That gives me a week to have the house packed and ready to go! I was not expecting it this quickly so I'm freaking out a little! So I'm going to be MIA a little longer as I will have so much to do between now and then. There is a possibility that HR will drag there feet and not release us in time which means our report to work date would be October 13 but we won't know for sure until Monday or Tuesday so we are packing as if it will be Sept 2nd. I will for sure have a project with me at all times as I pack everything else but I will be without my stash for a week or 2. I will still have internet the entire time with the laptop and my blackberry connection so I will try to check in but I will miss you all while I'm away! Keep hooking! :hug

Wow! That's a quick turn around! :eek But grats on the jobs :hug

Finished up the houndstooth lapghan last night. Don't think I like it but it's done :lol Picture in just a little bit.

Gonna start a triple Irish Chain today and I think I'm just gonna steal borrow Pickles' chart since I want one for a king size bed, too :hook

Okie dokie....like it or hate it....here's the houndstooth.....

htoothdone.jpg

I liked it better once I laid it out. I think it would work better as a full size ghan probably :think

:hi Mary and Pickles, this morning I was wondering where you were (I think about strange things when half asleep, I have even worked out my sister's ghan :hook).

HAHA i think about colors and patterns all the time, sometimes can't remember if its something I am actually working on or just a dream! :lol

Wow! That's a quick turn around! :eek But grats on the jobs :hug

Finished up the houndstooth lapghan last night. Don't think I like it but it's done :lol Picture in just a little bit.

Gonna start a triple Irish Chain today and I think I'm just gonna steal borrow Pickles' chart since I want one for a king size bed, too :hook

Thanks for the grats! And you are more than welcome to use the graph, and put it on the site if you want! I don't think its a copyrighted pattern, I just made it up as I went based on other chain patterns.

Okie dokie....like it or hate it....here's the houndstooth.....

htoothdone.jpg

I liked it better once I laid it out. I think it would work better as a full size ghan probably :think

LOVE IT!

Hi, everyone. I miss you all terribly. Still no fix for the computer problem. Sigh.......:cry I spent another hour and a half on the phone trying more possible solutions on Tuesday to no avail. Then a Tech came out on Friday to try and fix it, again with no luck. His verdict was that we need a "Geek" out to fix it. Grrrrrrr!!!!!:thair:rant:thair Since John rarely uses the computer at home, I have no idea when we'll get around to getting it fixed.

Mary ~ 26 more solids and 64 bicolors for me this week so far.

My games project is getting there. I think I'll make it. 6 of the 8 blocks are done and the next blocks saltines are ready to sew together. That just leaves one more block to do from scratch and then joining the two strips together. I'm planning on a late night of crocheting tonight to make sure I beat the deadline. :crocheting

Archived