Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I did it. My RR is finnished. I am so pleased I realy did not think that I would be able to in time and I finnished it before the end of the games :c9:clap

WOO HOO!!!!!! :clap:woo

Hi :waving

Just got in from visiting the girls for the weekend. We managed to squeeze in a hometown parade, fireworks, a trip to the playground, ice cream, a family reunion, and a stop at the salon to cut 12-inches of hair off both my oldest DD and myself to donate to Locks of Love. Whew :whewWhat a weekend!! It was great to see the girls, though, and I will pick them up from my parents' house next Sunday.

Everyone's projects are coming along so beautifully!!! Love the koala-ghan, the windwalker lap-ghan, the RR and the one with poppy and cornmeal hearts...forgot the name. Anyway, very nice work!!

Mary, I started the Irish Double Chain this weekend, as well. I had intended to do in it 2 shades of green, but Red Heart was not on sale when I reached the yarn store. Instead, I switched to Caron One Pound bundles in Cape Cod Blue, Azure and Off-White. There are still many, many, many more saltines to make, but I am off to a running start.

70 solids for me, please :)

Pickles -- I can tell how excited you are to be returning "home" sooner than anticipated. That's wonderful news. I would not like the thought of packing and being in-transition, while you are house hunting, but it will all work out in short-order. Lennon will just love being cared for by her grandma.

Karen -- I live with dial-up, and, I agree. Sometimes, the wait for pages to load is difficult to endure. Have a nice visit with your mother. Great progress on your saltines while you audited the class. Are you absorbing some info along the way?

Linda -- hope the medicine starts working a little better for you, soon. Yes, we will be anxiously waiting for pictures, once your Internet is up-and-running, again.

Joyce -- :hug My thoughts are with your family.

DH returns to work, tomorrow, and I am sure I can crochet while the washing machine is doing its job. Talk to you all, then.

Pickles - I'd just do the fish using the chart and sc. The charts show where the increases and decreases would be. That came out as a very nifty ghan :yes

Tried that but it looks a little wonky, nothing like a fish. I think I'm just going to have to write the pattern myself....ugh:think

Pickles I just love your irish graph, cant wait to see what it looks like when you start it.

I can't wait either! Hopefully as soon as we get back to Phoenix. Don't dare start another project before we leave or I'll give DH a heart attack with all the yarn he's going to have to help move! :hook

Hi :waving

Pickles -- I can tell how excited you are to be returning "home" sooner than anticipated. That's wonderful news. I would not like the thought of packing and being in-transition, while you are house hunting, but it will all work out in short-order. Lennon will just love being cared for by her grandma.

I'm so excited I could pee! :lol HAHA too funny but really I'm super excited, DH super excited, and grandma is SOOO excited! I'm sure she's just driving my dad crazy. And it will be nice to have a place to stay while we look for houses because any other time we've moved, we had to pick a house sight un seen and thats scary!

Hi ladies. :)

Cara, I hope you've had lots of rain...it has rained here all day! Nice soaking rain with no wind for a change. :yes I saw your afghan on the Games thread - it's beautiful. :hook I love the way you did the edging and border.

Denise ~ Congratulations on finishing your RR. :cheer We'd love to see pictures. :D

Hi Dusti! Your weekend sounds busy, but like lots of fun. I was fully expecting you to say the kiddos came home with you. :lol It's so neat that they love to spend time with the grandparents. :manyheart Your colors will be gorgeous for the Irish Chain. :yes 70 solid squares added!

Val, I hope you all don't get any severe weather from the storm. Stay safe.

Hi Wendy and Judy and Pickles! Sorry if I've missed anyone. :)

Great job Denise :clap

Pickles I know what you mean about picking a house like that. We've done that both times we got transfered. That's great you will be close to your family. :yes And you'll have time to look for a house you guys like.

Today, I decide to finish up few more WIPs. Then I can treat myself to a new project - some saltine madness. :lol Anyone plan to start an Irish Chain ghan ?

I think several folks have and I plan to in a week or so :yes

:hi

'nite, Mary, Pickles, and everyone:hug
Nite judy! :night

Today, I decide to finish up few more WIPs. Then I can treat myself to a new project - some saltine madness. :lol Anyone plan to start an Irish Chain ghan ?

I will be probably in September! What colors are you doing?

I might go with greens and/or blues as I wish to make a wall hanging on a bedroom wall. My bedroom is mostly sage greens and water blue tones - strongly nature themed with wooden furnitures.

My parents have a Escher theme flying geese/fishes quilt wall hanging. I might translate it into a crochet version if I could. Do you want me to post a picture ?

Cara, I hope you've had lots of rain...it has rained here all day! Nice soaking rain with no wind for a change. :yes I saw your afghan on the Games thread - it's beautiful. :hook I love the way you did the edging and border.

Denise ~ Congratulations on finishing your RR. :cheer We'd love to see pictures. :D

Hi Dusti! Your weekend sounds busy, but like lots of fun. I was fully expecting you to say the kiddos came home with you. :lol It's so neat that they love to spend time with the grandparents. :manyheart Your colors will be gorgeous for the Irish Chain. :yes 70 solid squares added!

Val, I hope you all don't get any severe weather from the storm. Stay safe.

Right now all forcasts have it hitting land more South, in the Ft. Myers area. It's still a tropical storm, but I think there's a lot of that area still recovering from Charlie 4 years ago. IF Fay stays on that track, we'll probably get rain just like it's any other day. Which means I'll have to work tomorrow night :( It sounds bad, but I was hoping for something just bad enough to make both jobs close down for the day :lol Ya know, nothing that will cause any damage to anything. Just close works as a precaution.

I hope so Tracy... I've got kind of a busy week,

DD#1 has a meeting for 2 hours tomorrow so I can crochet while I'm waiting for her...

weds. we have and ice cream social meet the teacher for the grand Angel to meet her Kindergarten teacher...

Thursday we have an apt to have portraits taken... I bid on them in an auction at Mom's church and I won so I'm having a portrait of my husband and I done and one of the two of us, our two daughters and the two grandgirls together....

Saturday my #2 DD, wants me and her two nieces to go to the Fair with her.. she likes to go but her Boyfriend doesn't really like to go (though he will if she really wants him to)

Good Morning Ladies,

Mary, Please put me down for another 10 solid and 5 bi-colored... I only have about 30 left to make and finish it up with the border. I cant wait to see it finished. I will count them all when I am done and compare.

Aussie, LOL My hook doesnt move that fast.... wow!!!!! :cheer:cheer

Cara, What is the best way to border the DS? I thought I had read you were trying some different ones? Like I told Mary 30 saltines left.. border on. DONE :cheer:cheer:cheer

Ya'll have a good day,

Cathy

Good Morning. Wow, our rain is still coming down and I'm enjoying every bit of it. Of course, I wouldn't if I had to be driving very much. :rain

Report for today 37 solids and 16 bi-colored

Mary 31 solids and 2 bicolors thanks

Shelly and Wendy~Yay for more squares. :hook

Archived