Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

It sounds like a great idea! We'll be waiting to hear how it goes...and if you need any suggestions...well, the hardest part is shutting us up:lol:lol

:lol :lol

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, those irish chain quilts look so wonderful. Decisions, decisions, and decisions. :lol

I think I would like to do triple irish chain as a wall hanging in my bedroom. That's a WIM for 2009. :P

What a great idea!! I am completely sucked in :yes I saw the mention this a.m. about joining Mary in doing an Irish Chain, and I mulled it over for a couple of hours. I was rather set on doing the Woven Blocks, but if all of you can fathom working on 2 at the same time...well...me too :eek. There is a fundraiser at DD's school, and I can see offering the Irish Chain for a silent auction item. Okay. I either need to find some of my DH's engineering graph paper and try to figure out the pattern for saltines, myself, OR...try to work off of that awesome reference page you gave us, Mary. I will mull that over for a bit and see which option seems more "work-able." Right now, I am looking at the Double Irish Chain pattern. Fun, fun, fun. :yay

I had to :rofl when I read Krystal's comment about the black 'n' white triple pattern. It rather made me feel ill, too. I LOVED the snowman quilt pattern you found. Alas, I cannot even begin to figure out how do do that with saltines :( Guess I will just have to let that one go.

Now, I am all fired up to get started. First, I need more yarn :devil Oooh, tomorrow's stop at the yarn store is not going to be too quick, is it?!?

Cathy, just had a look at your photobucket album. :devil I am curious about the blue cow, did you plan ahead for the colour changes, I can see a cowboy in there. :D It looks really good. :yes

Tracy,

No I didnt plan it, it started with the first black round.

Thanks for the encouragement. I liked it until it took that boxy look.

I thought it was a good name tho... :D

Thanks for looking,

Cathy

Mary,

No, they are all part of the Desert Star, the 368 is part of what is sewn together.

This is the biggest project that I have ever done, I think its awesome, I gotta get some batteries for my camera, The colors that Cara and Krystal picked for me, make you look at it.. Its supposed to go to my parents for christmas, might have a real hard time giving it up and especially not to ever see it again.

Your Ohio Star blocks? I love that... Very Very Nice.

Thanks,

Cathy

Look at it this way, someday (hopefully many many many years from now) it'll be passed down to you. It'll be something your parents treasure and love, and when it comes back to you, it'll be all the more special because of the time it spent with them.

Now I feel guilty !!!!!!!! I hope that they love it.. I think there teeth with fall out of there head when they see it!!!!!! I have showed them other things that I have done, but they have no idea about this.

Hoping that it will be a nice suprise

Cathy

[quote=Krystal16

I don't see why not!?!? Althoo, it might make life harder, not easier.

It cost me 610.00 today to get this drivers liscence mess worked out.

He waited for the driver this morning.... did myself a favor and threw him a bone... he went for it. Truck escaped!!!!!!!

Cathy

Tracy, that is adorable! You are so creative - those would make a wonderful addition to a baby ghan. :hook

Hi Dusti~Isn't it fun to read all the different ideas for the Irish Chain? I too like the Double IC, but when I figured the squares for the way I liked it, they totaled 625. :eek Still working on that, but will probably do the Single with two colors. :D Have fun going to your parents and yarn shopping.

Hi Sunny! I bet you'll come up with a super pattern! Anyone who tackles the Casa can do anything. :yes

Mary 38 solids and 4 bicolors thanks.

Prizm I had a look at that link and I like it, I wanna make one too. Why dont we all make one. Who is game :D

:hook I'm in!!!!! Doing the double I think unless I can find 3 shades of the same color to do the triple! OOOH I can't wait to start this one but it will be a little while!

Ohhh, I like the way this one is done too!

VERY nice! :yes

C'mon... if I am doing one, you had better do one (more)! :devil

The problem is, it looks like I have just decided to do TWO.. :rofl

This, of course is a VERY long-term project! :lol

Agree! It will take me awhile to get started and to work on it in between other projects but I think it will be fun if theres a few of us all working on the same ghan! :yay

I had to come up with a way to do quilts because I can't sew those tight little quilt corners on fabric quilts :lol

Me either! I have a 9 patch with all the squares sewn together (I had help) and all I need to do is assemble it and I can't seem to get it done without it looking wonky! I need more help apparently!

Someone might have done one before, but here is my version of a flower saltine. :hook

th_100_1493.jpg

th_100_1495.jpg

LOVE it! Think I could really use this on the Irish Chain, I have some ideas. Where did you find the pattern?

I HATE YARN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek oh no :eek not really :eek sorry :blush

I finally figured out how I was going to do the Amish baskets by doing the 5 red blocks and put blue blocks in the corners ... kind of like a cross in red.... so I got out my other big skein of soft navy and wouldn't you know it was different!!!!! NO DYE LOT YA RIGHT... I went to both walmarts near me and NO match... I couldn't even find a white that would match the white I was using or I would have done white blocks instead of blue....

I'm sewing the 4 red blocks I have done together.... that will make a good lapgahn size... then I'm taking the other red block, the blue block I have partially done and make 2 white blocks and put them together... so I'll have 2 lapghan size instead of a big one...

how did you finish off your amish basket ...Cara

Oh and welcome to our new young friend from over the sea...

thanks Cara.... I think I scared everybody away it was almost 5 hours betwwen the time I posted and when you posted... maybe everyone went to bed early.

I sent a PM to Amy to see if I could change to 2 lapghans from the amish baskets.... if not I'll put it together and if I really don't like it I'll take it apart later...

thanks Cara.... I think I scared everybody away it was almost 5 hours betwwen the time I posted and when you posted... maybe everyone went to bed early.

Sorry it took me so long to answer. I wanted to finish my ghan so I forced myself to stay off here. I tend to get distracted :lol

I'm just going to keep making Amish blocks and figure out what to do with them next week.... maybe by then I can find my cord so I can put pictures on and get some help that way...

report for today... 18 solid and 2 bi-colored

Hey girls. Haven't been in here in a while. Just wanted to let Wendy know I started on the Path to the Cabin quilt last night. This one will probably be a slow going quilt as right now I only have two of the colors but it's a start :yes:D I'll be popping in here more often to see what you are all up to though.

Good morning (afternoon and evening) everyone!!!

Been busy here. DH and I decided we will be moving back to AZ sooner than expected. Some positions for work came open there and this will probably be the last hiring available for this year due to budget so if we don't go now we won't be able to till 09. I'm ready to go now but not looking forward to the packing and moving! :eek So this weekend we posted for the positions and will begin packing. I have to have things SUPER organized because when we first get there we will be staying at my parents new house while we look for a house. Won't be hard to find a house available but we want to find the RIGHT one since we will have time to look this time! But staying somewhere else means we won't be able to unpack right away so I have to have the essentials separate.

I'm hoping there is a quilter in here today. (like fabric quilts not saltine quilts! :D) My mom sent me a box of my old stuff and in there were 2 unfinished quilts. One of which the pattern is called "Snoozin with Snakes" but the pattern wasn't with the quilt. I need to find the pattern so I can finish the quilt (eventually..:blush) and I think it was in a book called "quilts from the heart" according to a blog I found about it. Problem is there are like 100 quilt books that are called "quilts from the heart" anyone have any ideas where I can find this pattern. Or better yet, does anyone have this pattern that they would be willing to sell? Thanks :hug Talk to you all later!

Tracy,

So i meandered onto your blog and I have to say, not only are you a very busy woman but you also produce some very beautiful things! I was browsing for at least 20 minutes!!!! :lol Your daughter is adorable and its so nice to see a child so interested in hand made things! :yes I would love to know where you find your patterns, especiallly for the baby dress where the bottom is fabric? Again, compliments on everything you've done! You are very talented! :manyheart

Archived