Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wendy - Oh yes, there's tons of room in our attic. It's 850 sq ft with 10 ft ceilings. We figure it is so large because a 2nd story was planned but never done. We might add the 2nd floor some day...then again we might not :lol

I called 1-800-RENT-A-NEPHEW and lo and behold for 20 bucks he came and moved the stuff into the attic and took out the garbage! My room is now clean and tidy!!!! :jumpyay:dance:woo

Way to go, Cara.

Hi, Wendy.

Hi, Stacy.

I'm working on block #5 now.

Cara.. can I move into your attic... I'll be good... just give me a coffee pot, microwave, and all my yarn and books and I'll be happy...

Me too!:D

'nite ladies...

Hey, let's have a treehouse, but instead we'll all stay in Cara's Attic. Instead of the Happy Yellow House, it'll be "Cara's Attic". Now we know where "Annie's Attic" comes from! :lol

Working my way on my Test project. Gotta go sit and do some ends on the FF or I'll be in some real hurt later this week. Ugh...

Three hours of making squares tonight and I've loved every minute of it. :hook Yep...I'm still addicted! :lol

See you all tomorrow. :manyheart

Same here :D Got nine more rows on column #2 :yay

Time for bed now though. I'm beat :P

Mary, I like your avatar. Julie, yours too.

Last night I was VERY tired and decided that I would just finish the saltine I was busy with, and when I looked again there were 7!!! :think I think that comes with watching a movie and saying "I am going to bed" and then wanting to see what happens. :blush My cousin and his family are moving out today, so not sure how much crocheting or chatting I will be doing. Have a great day everyone. :hug

Krystal you will get those dreaded ends done dont worry.:hug

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I worked on it quite a bit last night and made a dent. Now I just have to keep at it.

K 29 Solids and 4 bicolors. thanks

Got it.

Last night I was VERY tired and decided that I would just finish the saltine I was busy with, and when I looked again there were 7!!! :think I think that comes with watching a movie and saying "I am going to bed" and then wanting to see what happens. :blush My cousin and his family are moving out today, so not sure how much crocheting or chatting I will be doing. Have a great day everyone. :hug

From your place? If so, it will be great to have some room now!

I just started the "It Takes a Village" (aka Friendship Star) afghan. As a quilter, that's one of my favorite designs. I'm working on this at my weekly Sit and Stitch since it doesn't involve a whole lot of thinking and I can join in on conversations. I have 2 blocks completed and enough squares for 2 more blocks to be assembled. I'll take a picture of my progress so far.

I'll only be able to post from work since I'm on dial-up at home and the really long threads get timed out.

I just started the "It Takes a Village" (aka Friendship Star) afghan. As a quilter, that's one of my favorite designs. I'm working on this at my weekly Sit and Stitch since it doesn't involve a whole lot of thinking and I can join in on conversations. I have 2 blocks completed and enough squares for 2 more blocks to be assembled. I'll take a picture of my progress so far.

I'll only be able to post from work since I'm on dial-up at home and the really long threads get timed out.

Welcome, Laurie! :waving

Same here :D Got nine more rows on column #2 :yay

Yay, Cara. Lots of progress already! :crocheting

Sounds like a busy day for you - I'll bet you're going to enjoy more space. :)

Good morning ladies :flower

Well, the attic is already spoken for....kinda. :D We have a very good friend whose DH isn't doing well at all. :( I think she'll be pretty lost when he's gone. They've been married since they were 17 and they're 60 this year. We're trying to talk her into moving in here when the time comes. So far she's balking though so it may become our bedroom if we can figure out how to get me up there. Stairs are a bit of a "challenge" for me :lol

Welcome Laurie :hi:hug That's one of my favorites as well :yes

Well, my house cleaning seems to be all caught up except the dusting and mopping and I think I'll save that for Friday morning so it'll be fresh when my sister and niece get here Friday night. So what shall I do with myself all day? Well, I guess I'll just have to crochet all day :devil:hook

I wish it was my house, but I am renting from them at the moment. They are in the "buy-to-let" business and we shared this house from September until now. They were going to buy a 2-bed place for me to rent, but the 4-bed house came up first, so they are moving into that one and we will stay here for now. There is someone else sharing with us, for now. :) I like the house we are in now, but I won't be able to afford it on my own and would be quite big for just the two of us. There are 4 bedrooms and two lounges, or it can be used as a 5 bed with 1 lounge. There is still a lot of building going on around the estate, so hopefully they will be building some more 2-bed properties (or even a 3-bed so I can have a craft room :yes ).

Tracy, that sounds like a great arrangement...I had pictured you in a big mess surrounded by people moving from your house. :eek

Cara ~ I hope you're having a great day crocheting. :hook The storms woke me up at about 4 a.m. and for some reason, I've been in a cleaning mode, too. :lol Going to do a few more things and then crochet this afternoon.

Morning everyone

Laurie welcome to the group. Thats a nice pattern your doing.

Cara Im glad your having a great day and getting lots of crocheting done.

Tracy sounds like a good arrangement. Hopefully you will get the house you want so you can have a craft room.

Mary hows it going with your projects.

Judy hello there.

Krystal what are you working on now besides getting rid of ends on the FF ghan.

Gotta go get ready for work back soon.

Tracy, that sounds like a great arrangement...I had pictured you in a big mess surrounded by people moving from your house. :eek

Oh, but it is a mess (with some of their things laying around to be moved), but luckily one I don't have to clean or move it) :lol So far they have moved their son's things to his new room and he is asleep already (he chose the smallest room in the house), most of the things out of their room (at this minute they are putting their bedroom furniture back together, 9pm at night :eek) and I packed all the lounge things (cd's, dvd's, books, etc) and they have taken all that across already. They have started taking all the foodstuffs across and I just realised they have taken ALL the cereals, so DD is going to have to have toast (if they leave some bread) for breakfast or we will have to leave a bit earlier to get her some cereal bars at the shop for breakfast. I can just get myself a breakfast of cereal and coffee at the gym after my workout to keep me going til I can get to the shop. :yes It will be very quiet when they are gone. :D

Archived