Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Tracy, got sidetracked with another project tonight, so I'll get back to you Friday with suggestions for the graph pattern. You'll have no problem!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got 1 1/2 blocks put together today in amongst everything else that was going on.

John couldn't resist going out hunting tonight. It's the last night of deer season. Didn't get any deer and got rained on to boot. He shot 5 deer with his rifle this year and 3 with his bow. And spent a LOT of time communing with nature. And we have a lot of venison in the freezer to eat.

Hi Wendy.

I have the first three rows of saltines for my Casa and about half way through sewing the third row together (but I kinda got sidetracked with some graphs :lol ) But I love the way the colours are going together in the Casa already :yes

Yellow and greens sound wonderful, Tracy! Can't wait for some progress pictures.

Cara ~ I'm so glad you had a good shopping day. :yes

Wendy, you are so speedy. :crocheting Looking forward to Photo Friday. :)

Wow, Linda! Sounds like John has had a great hunting season. Does he have some of the meat made into sausage? DH used to hunt and that was always my favorite part except for the backstrap. Way to go on joining squares, too. :hook

Off to bed early tonight. See you all tomorrow.

It must be nice here in NY the hunters are allowed 1 deer with a gun and they can get a doe IF they have a special permit. which is hard to get unless you're a landowner..

If I strangle my grandkids will you all promise not to tell on me.. I've been trying for an hour and 15 minutes to get them to bed... I finally threatened that the only thing they will be allowed to do all weekend is clean if they didn't get to sleep right now... they are finally in bed..

It must be nice here in NY the hunters are allowed 1 deer with a gun and they can get a doe IF they have a special permit. which is hard to get unless you're a landowner..

If I strangle my grandkids will you all promise not to tell on me.. I've been trying for an hour and 15 minutes to get them to bed... I finally threatened that the only thing they will be allowed to do all weekend is clean if they didn't get to sleep right now... they are finally in bed..

Different parts of NY are different, though. There's still only one deer with the permit, but out here you can easily get a 2nd doe permit. PLUS, they are transferable so that you really could wind up with more if someone signs their doe permit over to you. Hunky Buns hunts bow, shotgun and muzzle loader, so winds up with more deer allowed.

Threats definitely work with those younguns... They kept going out in the morning to the car (HunkyBuns drives them to school now) and goofing. He'd get out there and have to wait 5 more minutes for them to get situated and buckled in. I finally told them if they're not IN THEIR SEATS and buckled by the time my husband gets out there, they can't read on the way (my kids love to read). We haven't had a problem since! :lol

Shelly I always found it hard to get the girls to bed at night when they were younger. Taking away their TV time worked wonders. Now as they are older we still have trouble now and again with DD10. She finds she needs to tell us stuff right on bed time.

Early Morning Ladies!!

I am so far behind...that sickness that i thought was getting better took a bad turn on me the other night and i ended up bedridden for 2 1/2 days....my DH threated to take me to the hospital or call the ambulance....i couldn't even get out of bed to use the restroom,when i moved everything moved with me...do not ever want to go threw that again....i hope no one else gets it.Just feel really weak now and washed out :P

So i still have to catch up on posts and get started on squares again...i have some that i need to sew together so will spend today doing that and hopefully get some more made.

Back to bed for a few hours then hope to go at the squares.

K:-Just 4 solid :(

Hi Gang

Just another quick check in -- and thanks for the birthday wishes to those who sent them --

Cam is doing well, went back to school yesterday but school is cancelled today due to ice ,so he'll be here in a few minutes --- looks like another busy day .

Sounds like you are all hard at work on projects. I have tried to find time to work on mine and am about to wrap up baby blanket 2,so then we;ll see whats next-- I think the PS is hollering for some attention, so it may get its turn next .

Talk later -

Good morning everyone. I can't catch up on posts right now. The girls will be getting up and then I'm off and running for the day. I should be able to catch up more next week though. I wanted to show you the first block for the God's Children though.

AGCblock.jpg

Julie howdy doody. have a great day.

Donna your ghan is looking great so far. Have a great day packing and moving into your home.

Im busy doing the last row of block 4. Hopefully should have a pic soon but it might have to wait till tomorrow morning as its nearly 11pm here now.

Cara, that does not sounds good. If it has a postal code of CV22 7JL on it, it is the correct address.

Thank you, Judy, no real rush. :hug

Hi to everyone else.

Shelly, I have been using the threat of half an hour earlier the next night or loss of part of her investment if she doesn't go when told (she doesn't get pocket money, she has to invest money with me and then I pay her a certain amount of interest every week. At the moment it is 10%, when it gets too high, the interest drops and it is going to change sometimes, too.)

K - 7 solids and 7 bi colors for me today.

It took me 3.5 hours to do these 7 bicolors. They are not straight forward ones. Finally got the row 10 on block 4 to look right I hope. I said to my DD13 can you see what this is supposed to be and she said nah. Ok well this is going well. :( Hopefully it will work out fine. Just have to sew row 10 together and put the block against the others and then take a pic, but Im too tired now.

Night all.

Donna, that's looking good!!:cheer

Hi, Wendy:hug

Not sure what I'll be doing today. I did put borders on a batch of charity squares that have been waiting too long for my attention. I think I have enough for a Project linus blankie or lapghan - have to lay them out.

I worked on my thread test project yesterday and it's going smoothly - finally:blush

So, some editing on an article, some playing with squares, a pic to take of what I've done with the ATW...other than that, some cleaning, short trip to the food store...and I haven't a thing to do:lol

Yup - always busy here! Except yesterday - didn't have to go out, only had to make a salad for dinner, popped in a couple of microwave dinners...:c9 It was a nice, completely "ME" day!

Wow, Linda! Sounds like John has had a great hunting season. Does he have some of the meat made into sausage? DH used to hunt and that was always my favorite part except for the backstrap.

He had a little done as sausage, but most of it is plain venison burger. It's really, really good.

I'll never tell. I remember feeling the same way on many occasions.

I am so far behind...that sickness that i thought was getting better took a bad turn on me the other night and i ended up bedridden for 2 1/2 days....my DH threated to take me to the hospital or call the ambulance....i couldn't even get out of bed to use the restroom,when i moved everything moved with me...do not ever want to go threw that again....i hope no one else gets it.Just feel really weak now and washed out :P

Wow, Shaylen! Sounds like you've been terribly ill. Please take good care of yourself and take it easy. You don't want a third relapse or you could well end up in the hospital. Push fluids as much as possible. It's so easy to get dehydrated and that can mess up your balance big time.

Good morning everyone. I can't catch up on posts right now. The girls will be getting up and then I'm off and running for the day. I should be able to catch up more next week though. I wanted to show you the first block for the God's Children though.

AGCblock.jpg

Donna, your quiltghan looks great. Best of luck with the move.

Archived