Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

It was one year ago today

That our fearless leader, Julie Kay

Must have exclaimed to her spouse

"Sam! I'll start a new CAL and call it Every Happy House..."

Happy Birthday to us! :cake Thank you to Julie and Cara for bringing us all together. :manyheart

( Miss Julie - Your poems are SO much better! :blush )

:jumpyay:birthday:jumpyay Happy Birthday to Us!!!! Thank you, Julie and Cara!!! Here's to another great year! :2magic

I finally finished my patches lapghan :yay It is way smaller than the original pattern though :D .

th_crochet344.jpg

Heather, that is beautiful!! Great job!! :yay:clap:yay

Julie - Oh dear :( I sure hope they can get you to feeling better soon. We're awful worried about our fearless leader :manyheart

Feel better soon, Julie. We miss you! :hug:manyheart:hug

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
K - 85 Saltines for me.

Got it!

K:-23 solid done today...I no what you mean about them always trying to dope us up and i try not to take any meds if i can help it.

Got it! I would gladly dope myself up when it comes to throwing up. :yes

Shay - thanks for the tip on the granny squares. When I use Cara's pattern I end up sl stitching to the corner after the second row, so I end up at the corner. Then, like Wendy (love stealing borrowing ideas from everyone:D) I leave a long tail for joining them. I may have to play with it and see which I like better...

...and I'm adding that chart to my ever-growing collection!! Thanks...

Feel better:hug

This is what I do with ALL of my grannies. To start, you do the 3dc in the corner, work your way around the square, then do your 3dc back in the original corner chain. Then, if it's a ch2 in the corner, I hdc into the top of the original dc and that substitutes for the ch2 and you wind up with your hook in the middle of the corner. If it's a ch1, then do a sc. Ch3? Dc...

Julie - I feel like you today. Gotta love nature. :no

Fortunately, mine will go away in a day. Yours? Not so much.. :no

Morning everyone,

Julie hope you feel better soon.:hug

Judy you will find these squares easier to do as you do more of them.

Leslie its great to see you.

Cara I think Krystal is trying to tell you something. Are you going to join us

in the saltine smackdown. Come on you might as well. You know you wanna.:D

Valerie the saltines are addictive arent they and they are so portable.

Well today is my last day of holidays so Im going to enjoy it by just vegging out here and crocheting. The girls finally go back to school tomorrow too which is great.

WTG Heather. I'm also doing the Patches ghan. I'm doing the full size version..

:clap It's a great easy one to do for your first one. It goes together real easy. :)

I do my squares like Wendy and Krystal descibed for these little ones.

I change up my Granny squares depending on if I want to turn them or just go around one way around.

I know Cara I can hardly keep up lately with the CAL's so I try to stay up on the Sky CAL since it covers all the projects I'm doing. :lol

I'll get a picture of my other quilt ghan up later I want to try to get the last few rows on it, though I need to make 20 more squares to finish it so we'll see if I can do it uninteruppted (sp?:think)

Heather, I've always done my large squares that way. This is my first time making saltines. I'm excited. They are so fun. My sister keeps several colors of yarn in her car at all times to make saltines when she's at the traffic light, or going to appointments that will require her to wait. She said you can never have too many saltines.

Wendy, yes they are addictive. I'm going to carry mine in one of the mid-size ziplock bag.

Valerie yes its easy to just put a skein of yarn and your hook in your bag and if your stuck anywhere you can do some. I got 4 done at the doctors the other day while waiting for my appointment and I will probably take it to work to do some at lunch time.

With these picture quilts its a good way to just have saltines on hand to make these things up. There are people making lots of the yoyos and I thought it would be good with the scraps to do lots of saltines. Keep them in a container and when you do more of these picture quilts you will have some colors on hand. Ok did I just make more work for myself in saying this. Geeze I must be going saltinemad.

You all are making me want to start another quilt ghan. ;) I've made 2 more squares for my dragonfly ghan this afternoon and really love the pattern, but I MISS the little squares. :D

Hmmm...think it's time for a visit to Cara's site.

Oh no, Wendy, back to work? Are you going to get withdrawal symptoms? :devil

I did some squares for DD's charity blanket, did 2 rounds on my cousin's RR (boy is that getting big now and it is so soft I don't want to give it away anymore) and I have had enough of baby things for now, so going to make saltines now. I might come back if I can find my way out of the pile. :hook:eek:crocheting

Afternoon ladies!!!

I'm feeling sooooo much better today so i hope to get busy again on my saltines...still trying to figure out what to do for a border on it and what to do next :think

Mary

I hope you join us :hug

Wendy

That stinks that you have to go back to work!!.

Shay are you going to make another picture ghan and who is the sun ghan for. I have a fairy one in mind for my next one for my DD10 unless I find a better cross stitch pattern.

Tracy its great that you have joined us. What pattern are you doing. Yes not looking forward to going back to work, I enjoyed having the time to do my crocheting.

Wendy - But we don't want you to go back to work :( We were having fun :D

Mary - Yes, you should start another quilt :yes

Krystal - Don't tempt me on the dragonfly. :lol I really like it but I've got so much to do now I don't have the room :lol

But I now have all 6 blocks of the LL done and assembled! :jumpyay Just the border left to do! :dance

K - I did 10 more squares tonight!

:thinkare you checking here?? Or the Sky CAL...??

I'll go pop over there and check....:hook

'nite all:hug

Judy Krystal checks in here. Well done by the way.:clap

Cara congratulations on finishing the LL, cant wait to see it. :clapNow you can get started on the saltines. :D

Valerie wow great start, how can you do them so fast.:clap

Mary thats fantastic that your gonna join us. What pattern are you doing.

Archived