Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Wendy!!! :eek Now you want a bird!?!?!? :eek Let me think about that. I'll have a picture of the two tone water later today or tomorrow. It's pretty easy with just two colors. :lol :lol :lol

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can see your point cara...that makes sense. The only bad thing is that makes me want to start a quiltghan. hehe

Don't you know this is my evil plan? Mwuhaha :lol :lol :lol

Wendy!!! :eek Now you want a bird!?!?!? :eek Let me think about that. I'll have a picture of the two tone water later today or tomorrow. It's pretty easy with just two colors. :lol :lol :lol

:lol:lol:lol if its not too much trouble. Your the best Linda.:hug

Sorry everyone!

Imagine how that life gets in the way. :lol

Had to take youngest DS to the dentist, but all is fine.

OK - we will start NOW and count anything you did on January 14th and later. We will go until the first person reaches 2,000 points. If there's still interest at that point, we'll do a "SALTINE SMACKDOWN II".

I am NOT going to start another thread, because it will just be too much darn looking on my part to keep up with all of these threads.

We'll keep it to the actual saltines, no other shapes or sizes.

Remember, your ends MUST BE woven in in order for the saltine to count!!!

(Yes, I'm being evil here, but just pretend that I'm your wicked mother and making you do things that are good for you....)

If it's easier for you to PM me your squares on a daily basis, you can do that. If you want to PM them to me on a weekly basis, that's fine, too. I'll just be adding up what you give me.

We'll take a vote on it -

Do y'all want to each send a little something to the winner OR do you want to let Miss Cara do the honors herself?

I'm not competing here, so it'll be a majority vote.

LET THE SMACKDOWN BEGIN!!!!

I'll be getting back to my comfortghan right now...but will start doing saltines tomorrow. It won't be anywhere near the amount Wendy and Linda can churn out, but I need to finish some quiltghans, which is why I'm joining you!!

Krystal thanks for being our referee:hug and yes I would like to send something to the winner.

I cant wait to start and not just because of the competition but because I really want to start this picture quilt.

GOODLUCK EVERYONE:yay:hug

ok I'm here you all know I'm in 'cause I threw down the challenge to begin with...

I spent the day sleeping off a migaine.. I get about 2 a year.

"theme from Rocky playing in the background"

limbering up fingers... cracking knuckles

OK Ladies bring 'em on

Yay :jumpyay...i just sat down after dinner and was wondering what to do till the start..Like Wendy i cant wait to see mine come together!!!

Let the fun begin!!!

Oh i don't mind sending a gift to the winner if thats the way you ladies want to do it.

Krystal just on the weaving side of things. I dont weave in the ends but leave a long tail for sewing the square, will this be ok and will it count.

Hmm.... I guess this makes sense. I don't want to tell you to change your method - maybe the others will take your idea as a good one and everyone will do it that way. How long of a tail do you need to sew them together? Just in case I ever get SILLY enough to actually do one of these foolish things!

Hmm.... I guess this makes sense. I don't want to tell you to change your method - maybe the others will take your idea as a good one and everyone will do it that way. How long of a tail do you need to sew them together? Just in case I ever get SILLY enough to actually do one of these foolish things!

I just usually guess but its about 20-25cm, I need it long because I whipstitch twice through each stitch.

Shay are you going to divide your cross stitch into blocks and make it that way.

Yes i am...i thought that would be easier to know where i am.I'm doing it by the grid of 10.

Linda

Great start...i have 6 done already.

Krystal just on the weaving side of things. I dont weave in the ends but leave a long tail for sewing the square, will this be ok and will it count.

I do this too. I wrap it around the blockfront and back and up about an inch or 2 before I cut it then use it to sew the square into the row.

Ok I'm going to keep count but I know I won't get anywhere near 2000 squares since I just make lapghans. We'll see. :)

Okay this is great!! We'll go with Krystal's original idea of everyone sending the winner a little gift :D

Good luck, everyone!!

Did you say that with the evil grin :devil or a sweet grin? :) You know I'm kidding...I can't imagine not making squares and talking to you all.

Leaving the tails long to sew them together....PERFECT, Wendy!!

See y'all tomorrow. Just finished attaching the 12 inch squares for the top strip of 4 on my comfortghan...

Wendy, I've got your birds figured out. Actually there are two options on them and you can choose which you like best or use some of both. The slightly bigger one will look closer and the smaller one will look like its farther away. I'll take the pictures tomorrow and see about writing up the instructions on just how to make them. Watch out though. The birds really generate a LOT of tails to hide. :lol :lol :lol

Archived