Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Hello all... went over to my sisters yesterday to help her get food ready for my nephews grad. party... she had me chopping vegetables for a macaroni, pasta and green salad plus cut up 40 pounds of chicken breasts into strips to be marinated and bar-b-qued... my fingers were so cramped up last night I couldn't crochet... of course it was worth it as we had a wonderful party today and I ended coming home with about 5 pounds of chicken, some salad and rolls... but I'm too tired to pick up a hook tonight either so I'm going to turn on a ball game snuggle in my bed and probably fall asleep... I'm good at watching baseball games with my eyes closed...

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sunny, that is AWESOME, BEAUTIFUL,GORGEOUS, STUNNING, and absolutely WONDERFUL. The colors are working together sooooo well.

Pickles, welcome to the group. The more, the merrier. :welcome

The weather cleared up about noon. So I actually went to the library and rented 5 more audio books. This time I picked authors that I know I like for the most part, although one is by an author I've not read before. The description sounded like one I would like, so it's worth a shot. One thing I learned from the last batch is that if I didn't care for the author when I was reading the book, I probably won't like listening to it any better. There are a whole series of mysteries entitled "The Cat Who..." does this, that, and the other. I tried reading one a while ago and got bored about a fourth of the way through. I tried listening to another one with the last batch. I was bored by the end of the second disc, but kept thinking it HAS to take off soon.... It didn't, and I quit listening at the end of the third disc. The book that was one I had loved when I read, was equally good to listen to even though they said a number of the names differently than I said them in my head. :lol :lol :lol

Welcome, Pickles! We're glad you're here. :yes

Tracy, I added 11 solid squares. :hook

Shelly, it sounds like a great party. You've sure had a busy weekend...I bet you'll be ready for some crocheting tomorrow.

Linda~I've meant to try out the audio books and you've inspired me to try some.

5 a.m. was a long time ago - see you all tomorrow. :manyheart

Thanks for all the compliments on my ATW :manyheart I have attached more squares (finished with the medium green round and have a few dark greens attached too). Now I need to make more dark green saltines to sew on.

Mary - I did up 17 saltines on Saturday and another 19 yesterday. Total of 180.

Off to work I go... More saltines tonight :D

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I did about 20 saltines last night and love the pattern so far. I am using the joining method in post 18. This seems to hold my interest longer as I am always changing what type of saltine I'm doing instead of doing all of the same color at once! Will post pics once I get a row or 2 joined!

Good morning, everyone. It's sunny and warm here today, which is nice because Kim has two doctor appointments today. One at 11:00 and one at 2:00. Hopefully we'll be able to fit lunch in in between the two. Have a good day! More later. :devil

Happy Monday, all. :)

Karen~Super progress with another 36 squares!

Linda, you and I have the same kind of day. :lol MIL has an appt. and then lots of errands.

Pickles (love your username!) Looking forward to pictures...we LOVE pictures. :yes

Cara, how is the little one? I hope everything is okay. :manyheart What are you making now? :crocheting

Hi Miss Tracy~I added 5 more!

Mary - Tuon's okay for today. She's still eating which is a good thing. Thanks for asking :hug

I'm currently working on the "simple" (yeah right!) one color ghan. Took me seven tries to come up with something I liked. Sometimes the simpler a thing is the more trouble it gives :lol

Other day, I saw a neat pattern in a crochet magazine. I can't remember the name of the magazine. The concept is simple. Make several single crochet squares, dump them in the paper bag. Select one by random and join them together into an afghan. I thought it will be a neat idea with scrap yarn saltines. What do you all think of it ?

Other day, I saw a neat pattern in a crochet magazine. I can't remember the name of the magazine. The concept is simple. Make several single crochet squares, dump them in the paper bag. Select one by random and join them together into an afghan. I thought it will be a neat idea with scrap yarn saltines. What do you all think of it ?

Diane, I think that is a really neat idea. I have a bunch of miscellaneous squares that are extras, trial squares and stuff like that.

It would be intersting to see how everyones turns out. I would do one. I have an icecream container sitting here waiting to be filled up with saltines again.

Its not allowed to be organized though, you can just picture yourself taking a saltine out of the container to sew and think oh that wont go with that color, I guess you have to just take one and thats it.

Well, it is possible to make saltines out of 4-5 colors. That way, it looks more organized. Then add a thin border or whatever works. :yes I will consider it more once I finish the 3SUB. I am sure I have too much skeins of one color or two tucked in the closet. :lol

Diane. that sounds like a great idea - but I'm like K - I have a hard time being random when I crochet:P

Cara~I'll bet your new pattern is wonderful - can't wait to see it!:crocheting

I made more squares tonight. One more reason to love the saltines...it's too hot for anything else even with the a.c. running like crazy. :yes

Good Morning/ evening Wendy... I've been thinking of making a scrappy ghan with baby colors and donate it .... I was having a nice dream until my kities decided to use my chair as a race track and I got woken out of a sound sleep with blood running down my arm from the claw marks......

Shelly morning to you and ouch it hurts when they do that doesnt it. Hope they didnt claw you too much. Naughty kitties.

Yeah I thought I might look through my scrap yarn and maybe do a bold one, pastel one and maybe even one with just varigated yarns. That would be interesting.

Archived