Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

..of course you all have me thinking about the ATW. ;)

You KNOW you really want the pattern:devil:devil

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just reading all the posts over in Sky and was beginning to think I was at the Happy Home... I already did an ATW but you all have me thinking I need to do another one.... how do you think it would work up in Caron simply soft? I have a bunch of it but I am not really fond of it for regular stuff..

Shelly - I'm using the Vanna's Choice which is "limp" like the SS. It's working fine. A little puffier that I like but I think it'll be fine :yes

I should not do this. I should not do this. Oh, what the heck. :ohdear Judy, I pm'd you my email address. Send me the ATW pattern, too. With so many of you doing it, I don't know that I want to be left out.:rofl

I should not do this. I should not do this. Oh, what the heck. :ohdear Judy, I pm'd you my email address. Send me the ATW pattern, too. With so many of you doing it, I don't know that I want to be left out.:rofl

:lol I've been working on my blue gingham and thinking about colors for the ATW at the same time. :think

Do you have your CT Scan today? Hope all goes well. :)

Me too, me too - I wanna play too!!

Good grief you guys are terribly addicting... But, since I am in the Sky CAL and the new finish-projects CAL (can't even remember the name), and the stash busting CAL I need to make the ATW. As I am looking through my WIP's and looking for the same, I found more totes of yarn (yeah?!) That means I have to make something major to use up more.

Now I just need the pattern that you all are using for your ATW's.

Muhahahahah :devil:lol :lol

Shelby I made the one that is in my avatar as a baby ghan... I did not use any particular pattern I just started with 1 square in the middle then 4 squares (one on each side)... the next row has 8 and each row has 4 more squares than the one before... I did mine as a stash busting one ... the only type of color patterning I did was use a varigated for one row then the next row would be a solid which went with the varigated

hi everyone - i'm packing to go to my mom's for the week end. i should have net access there though but i'll not be able to crochet my blanket. i have to take a smaller project to travel with. maybe i'll make her a dog sweater for her puppy she got for mother's day.

Hi Sunny! Have a safe trip and check in with us when you can. :hook

Shelly, the ATW in your avatar is really pretty. :yarn

I'm on row 11 (of 15) of the gingham. Unlike some of us, I'm going to finish this before I start anything else. :devil (I have my fingers crossed just in case. :lol)

My CT scan was a 2:00 this afternoon. Took about 5 minutes and cost $450. Yikes!!! Didn't hurt a bit. I brought the disc of pictures home and, of course, looked at them. Don't know a lot about reading them, but I can identify some stuff. It sure looks to me like there are some stones in the kidneys. More on one side than the other. Little and not so little round brite things in the center of the kidneys. Will have to wait for official report, of course.

I was just reading all the posts over in Sky and was beginning to think I was at the Happy Home... I already did an ATW but you all have me thinking I need to do another one.... how do you think it would work up in Caron simply soft? I have a bunch of it but I am not really fond of it for regular stuff..

The only problem with that yarn (besides the fact that it splits on me) is that you need to weave the ends in more than with the RH - I do, anyway. Otherwise I love it:)

Sunny - Have fun at your mom's :hug

Linda - Ouch! $450. I never know what those things mean either. Had a doc showing me x-ray of myself once and he kept saying, "Well, you see here and here where the damage has occurred..." I just nodded a lot :lol :lol

Mary - I've had to stick to one thing at a time too. This old brain has a hard time concentrating on more than one thing at a time now :lol

Okay, had a nap. Way too late for it but I was falling asleep making saltines again :lol Hopefully I'll still sleep tonight. Oh well, if I don't I have my hook to keep me company :hook

I have a new project going with mini-saltines.. I think I'll call them cheez-its... they are the first row only .. I graphed out a fish to put in the middle of an afghan for my nephew... if I did it in saltines the thing would be 6 ft x 6ft... too much work and not enough time... I have 2 weeks... I have the colors for the fish all figured out it is the water I'm having trouble figuring out.... I don't want to do it all the same color blue... what about a blue varigated would that work? or should I do different shades of blue..

Shelly I would go with one color or the varigated. I tried different blues in my picture quilt and it really looked odd unless you used different blues but they were close in color if that makes sense.

Mary good for you sticking to one project. Wish I could do that now. Im hopeless.

Sunny have a great weekend.

Linda wow that ct scan was expensive. If you do have kidney stones what will they do.

Im going to get my yarn for the ATW today.

Linda wow that ct scan was expensive. If you do have kidney stones what will they do.

The worst thing is that that is the special half price rate for people who don't have insurance and pay for it all the day it is done.

What they'll do if the stones are the problem? I don't know at this point. Will have wait and see what the doctor says.

I'm going to crochet and try to ignore it until I hear more from someone who knows more about it than I do.

Hi there...

So, this ATW quilt is a winner, huh?

I'm happy to see everyone so excited about that. I've got about 3 or 4 quilt patterns I'm considering.. then... darn, I come across another pattern... Have you ladies see this it was on another thread:

http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Projects/AfghansThrows/WT1042+Crochet+Wreaths+Afghan.htm

Still deciding... :think

hello everyone

how are all of you

woooow lot`s of crochet quilters joined the madnees of the beauty of cara`s quilts

i can`t blame all of you i just can`t decide if i wanna start one of them cause all of them are just amazing :yes

hope to join but still have plans i wish to be with all of you :)

BUT <<< here she goes hehehe :lol

but i was thinking of the ribbons and bows as 2×3 blocks throw for my home (it will fit bothe bed room and living room )

i will decide weather to make it or to make a throw with the grandmother`s garden (style)

hope you get the best of luck and support to finish you`re quilts :hug

Hi, Athba, haven't heard from you in a while. How is marriage and how is school? Do you have your own home yet? The Around the World pattern is very pretty. A throw that works in the bedroom and in the livingroom would be great! Nice idea. :hug

Shelly - Cheez-Its :lol :lol

Athba - Hi honey :hug How are you and that baby doing?

I'm stuffed. :P We had Dairy Queen for supper. Those of you that aren't from Texas and don't have real DQs, they serve food and not just the snacks like in the others we saw around the country in our travels. BD and I had the ever popular Hung'r Buster burgers and even got a chicken basket for Tuon :lol Now that's one spoiled cat :lol

Archived