Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Howdy all,

Just a quick drop in to tell Cara to check out the Home Decor Show and Tell under Super-Huge Afghan -- she used one of your patterns and it is REALLY neat !

Have to go take a peek .:)

Hope everyone is doing well. Don't get much time to check in here as often as I should ,but I think of you all a lot ..:yes

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi everyone - i finished some more gray squares and wanted to get a progress pic up but i don't normally show anything till i'm done. so you'll have to wait for a little longer. today i'm hoping to do 30 gray and maybe a few more black today. i want to get half way through the second section that i'm doing by the end of this week end.

after looking at the buss cuddle i'm tempted to switch ever few days and start one for my son Ryu. so i'll be working on two blankets at once. :faint: am i crazy or what?!

good luck all

Morning everyone

Shelly your pattern is beautiful and I think it would look great with the different blues.

Linda all my projects end up being quite big, I havent made a small blanket although the rainbow set was pretty small but then that was a baby blanket. Have fun with the piano.

Amy sounds like your having a great day there.

Mary howdy.

Tracy your bus cuddle is looking great.

Cara hope today has been better than the other days.

Sunny have fun doing both projects. I have 5 projects on the go and 2 of them are saltine projects.

Julie howdy doody.

Hi, ladies!

A quick hello before picking up my hook again.

Linda, enjoy the piano!!

Julie!!! :hug...and I'll be sure and check out that ghan you mentioned...

Sunny, welcome to the "addict's corner":lol:lol

Yep, today is going better. Of course, I've slept through a lot of it :lol But no catastrophes so far. Just making saltines in between napping :hook

Sunny - Nah, you're not crazy. Several of us work on more than one at a time :yes

Julie - Well, howdy doody my ol' buddy :hug :hug I'm gonna go run check out that thread right now :yes

hi everyone - i finished some more gray squares and wanted to get a progress pic up but i don't normally show anything till i'm done. so you'll have to wait for a little longer. today i'm hoping to do 30 gray and maybe a few more black today. i want to get half way through the second section that i'm doing by the end of this week end.

after looking at the buss cuddle i'm tempted to switch ever few days and start one for my son Ryu. so i'll be working on two blankets at once. :faint: am i crazy or what?!

good luck all

Sunny, you're not crazy. Or at least, not any crazier than a lot of us who hang out here. I've currently got a saltine puppy cuddle 'ghan, my Painted Desert 'ghan, and a preemie 'ghan all in the works and all out of saltines.

Tracy, your bus cuddle 'ghan is coming along very nicely.

OK my turn to be crazy.

Its today fortnight till Mothers day and I thought I might make something for my Mum. I wasnt going to but I thought about a Cat Cuddle quilt using saltines and putting cat material on the back with padding inside. Do you think I would have time to make it. There is a cat pattern somewhere isnt there, isnt someone in here doing a cat one, sorry cant remember who it was.

Yeah, Leslie has a cat cuddle she's working on. It's very cute too :yes I think you could probably get it done in two weeks. It'd take serious hooking time but you're fast so I see it as a real possibility :yes Lemme see if I can't find the pattern for it. Back in a bit :D

"there ain't no bugs on me.... there ain't no bugs on me... there may be bugs on some of you mugs.... but there ain't no bugs on me" I love that commercial ... Angel and I are singing it around here this morning... everytime she she's a yellow lab puppy she starts singing that song....

We had quite a bit of rain yesterday after 5PM which is good because although I totally loved the sunshine we were under a No Burning Warning.. The Sun is shining bright this AM and the tulips we planted yesterday are stating to open.. (they had buds when we planted them)... I'm going to make a rock garden today when I wake up a bit... I really should say Angel and I are going to do it..

I've been making guilt-ghan blocks with the different patterns I got from my Mom, my Seraphina shawl is almost done, I have to find a new project.......

Cara.. if I send you a drawing and picture of my 16 squares quilt ghan can you figure out the amount of yarn and make a graph people can follow? if not I'll have to make one starting with skeins of yarn... anyone ever figure out how many saltines you can get out of a skein of yarn....

Cara.. if I send you a drawing and picture of my 16 squares quilt ghan can you figure out the amount of yarn and make a graph people can follow? if not I'll have to make one starting with skeins of yarn... anyone ever figure out how many saltines you can get out of a skein of yarn....

You get at least 48 saltines from a 7 ounces skein of yarn. That's the number I use when calculating amounts.

Shelly morning to you. We have had heaps of rain here too which is great. I think Cara worked out that you can get 40 saltines out of a skein, could be wrong though. Have fun making a rock garden today.

Well I think I dont have enough time to make something for Mothers day. Its just too hard. The cats idea I might put away for xmas, I know xmas is just around the corner.

Have to think of something else, unless I do a ATW, or something like that.

Good Morning, all. :rose

Yay! Wendy, so glad you finally got some rain. Mother Nature hasn't been too nice to us so far this Spring...this a.m. is in the 40s, raining and windy. :rain Great crochet weather. :hook

Oh, that cat clan is way cute.

(And I don't like kitties)

How awesome would it be to do some of them in the shaded browns yarn and another in the zebra? A third in the gray heather... very cool.

Ooooo, I love that idea. Too bad I don't have those colors but maybe i'll get them. No, no, no...I have enough to do. But......*smacks self* NO, NO, NO! :lol

I'm hopeless. :P

ok ok i think i'm going to do the bus cuddle - i'm still thinking about it. it's a nice break from doing all the squares for my blanket. as it goes i got another 30 squares done yesterday and i'm about to start connecting them before i do anther section. i'll be in touch - and good luck again to everyone "STAY FOCUSED!"

p.s the Casablanca is stink en huge!!!!

Good morning ladies :flower

Sunny - Yep, that Casablanca is what we call a Monster Quilt around here :lol The Desert Star is another one.

Mary - Oh we got hit hard this morning right around 6. Was bad to enough to wake me up and freak out Tuon :cat Poor kitty doesn't understand thunder. Misa, however, sleeps right through it :lol Hoping it dries up a bit though. I want BD to take me to the store.

K - Oooh that's a great idea for color scheme on the kitties :yes That's another one that'd be honking huge. Twice as big as the Casa :yes

Tab - C'mon you know you want new yarn. Don't think you have a place to stash it? You did see K's post in other crochet topics didn't ya? :lol

Well, gonna go work on my latest wild ghan idea before I try to wake DH :hook

Oh, that cat clan is way cute. How awesome would it be to do some of them in the shaded browns yarn and another in the zebra? A third in the gray heather... very cool.

Krystal, what a wonderful color scheme! I saved the pattern. I love both kitties and puppies.

Good morning (Oops! Afternoon) everyone. I slept way late this morning. Of course, I didn't get to bed until after midnight. That might have something to do with it. :lol :lol

I think it's crochet on the agenda for me today.

John's mom wants to learn to crochet while she's here, too.

Have a great day, everyone.

K - 30 solids and 18 bicolors for me this week...

we did not get our rock garden done today we got busy sorting clothes and got 2 big bags to go to the local charity... but it's still early so maybe we can work on it later...

Archived