Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Oh, I think I'm talking to myself again. :lol Here is my flower quilt - 1/4 of Leslie's original pattern and about 40" square. Should I just use the Thyme for a simple border? Zoe likes it like this...she has her paws stuck under the edge. :cat

(Both are clickable)

th_FlowerQuilt010.jpg

th_FlowerQuilt012.jpg

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good afternoon ladies :flower

Early doctor's appointment and no get up and go this morning :lol

Mary - The Flower Quilt is gorgeous! I'd go with the Thyme border myself. But K's assessment of what the different colors will do is right on target. Just depends on what you're after :yes And of course, I have to ask....pretty please with sugar on top, can I use the photos :D

Pain management doc today. I like him. He's aggressive and no nonsense. He put me on Lyrica for the fibro that the rheumy diagnosed yesterday. He loves my rheumy but he says he's too conservative. He knows I hate the "waiting game" so he offered up the pills and I said hook me up. Hopefully this will help :D

Thank you Krystal and Cara! You know me and decisions.;) Cara, I would be honored for you to use pictures. I'm not sure when the border will be finished, but feel free to use one of these. :manyheart

Cara, I hope the new pills will help. I have another friend with Fibro and know how hard it is on her. :hug

LOVE the Flower Blanket!!!! Blue and yellow together make me happy. :)

I started on my Jasie today, and I did get the Caron Simply Soft in baby green. I tell you the truth, this yarn is *softer* than baby yarn! I LOVE IT! and the pattern is gorgeous~somehow I thought it was just straight sc's, and I am very pleasantly surprised at what's happening under my fingertips.... (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Mary, that is lovely. IMO the yellow would be a wonderful border color and with the sage round would make it look like a double matted picture.

I had a doctor's appointment this morning so Kim & I have been on the go since early today. We're finally home and settling in to relax. My depression is getting out of hand, so have to go back on meds for it. One of them is over $4 a pill, which with no insurance really hurts. Oh well, if I must, I guess I must. I go back to see her again on Monday. Say a little prayer for me, please. I'm not doing so good right now.

I'm sewing squares together on the new pattern and with luck will have a picture tomorrow.

Oh, I think I'm talking to myself again. :lol Here is my flower quilt - 1/4 of Leslie's original pattern and about 40" square. Should I just use the Thyme for a simple border? Zoe likes it like this...she has her paws stuck under the edge. :cat

(Both are clickable)

th_FlowerQuilt010.jpg

th_FlowerQuilt012.jpg

Mary its gorgeous. :clap Are you going to keep it for yourself.

Tabby I just Love Love Love the pineapple blankie!!!

Mary that is wonderfull I love the colors!

No new saltines for me today been working on my CRW.

Linda I know the feeling of no insurance I don't have any either and it's tough. I can't take the cholesterol medicine I should cause I can't pay for it. I'm having to try a 4 dollar generic. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you, ladies. :manyheart When I have time, I'll play with the border a little. I really want to try Linda's idea with the yellow and see how it looks. :yes

Sandi ~ Blues and yellows make me happy, too. I've always loved them together. :)

Linda, OUCH! I know the mark up on prescriptions is horrible...just what you don't need when you feel bad. :hug

Hi Wendy~Not sure where this one is going yet. Enjoy your day off. :yes

Tracy, are you still going to visit your mom?

Mary - Thank you for your permission :manyheart

Linda - Oh dear. Medication costs are out of hand aren't they? That does nothing to help the depression. :no I sure hope they can find the right treatment for you. I know first hand how rough it can be :hug

Heather - Have you talked to the doctor about samples or one of the drug company's assistance programs? High cholesterol is nothing to mess with just like depression. Hope you both get the treatment you need :manyheart

Mary, I am just tickled with the way your Flower Quilt is coming out. It sure looks better than it does as just a graph. :hug It is a thrill to a pattern I made up done by someone else. :hook I'm going to have to get going on the Kitty Quilt or you are going to finish one of mine before I am. ;)

Hi Mary, yes, we still going to mom, leaving in the morning. :yay Just to go away for a short while is nice. :yes I am still trying to decide which projects to pack in. :think DD is also packing in some :crocheting She got given a set of crochet hooks and last night decided her dolls needed some clothes, so today she made a dress, her own pattern. She is feeling very happy with herself :)

Ok I just got back online, not sure what happened there, internet is so unpredictable.

Have taken the girls to school so its nice and peaceful here.

Linda, oh dear, medicines cost heaps dont they, take care and I hope they find the right treatment for you.:hug

Tracy wow your daughter is already designing, thats fantastic. Have a great trip.:yay

Thanks, everyone. I was going to take a picture of the things Kim's aunt bought me over the weekend, but the battery for my camera has died. Hopefully I can get one this weekend. I'm sewing squares. I really like how the colors are working. :hug

Mary, I am just tickled with the way your Flower Quilt is coming out. It sure looks better than it does as just a graph. :hug It is a thrill to a pattern I made up done by someone else. :hook I'm going to have to get going on the Kitty Quilt or you are going to finish one of mine before I am. ;)

Hi Leslie. I am the Queen of Cheating when it comes to quilt ghans...so far they're lapghan or cuddle size. So mine is finished except for the border. :hook Thank you so much for sharing the pattern. :manyheart

Mary - The flower quilt is beautiful!

Cara - My MIL has fibro and I know she has a tough time of it at times. Hopefully, the new medicine will work for you and you feel better soon.

Krystal - 18 more solids, please.

Quick question for you experienced ladies. I've started joining my squares. I've never done a project with so many color changes. How do you join them with the different colors? I'm using Julie's joining method and the first two rows were easy. I'm ready to join the third row and there are two blues, two whites, two bicolors, two whites, two blues, etc. Would you use one color all the way across to join or change colors as you go?

Thanks for your help!

(Both are clickable)

th_FlowerQuilt010.jpg

th_FlowerQuilt012.jpg

That is gorgeous!! BEAUTIFUL!! :clap:cheer:clap

Wendy - Good Friday morning to you :hug

Leslie - Isn't it fun to see something you designed come to life? :manyheart

Tracy - Good for DD the budding designer :clap

Brenda - Personally, I change colors along the way. If you use one color it usually shows through and gives a different look. You could try both ways and see which you like best :yes

My BD is the best guy alive. I'm really too tired and sore to make supper but I started it (read: peeled two potatoes) then he called and said he was bringing supper :clap I don't know what I ever did to deserve him but I'm glad I did :manyheart

Krystal - 18 more solids, please.

Got you!

Heather - Get yourself some RED YEAST RICE. It comes as a pill/capsule. It is a nature cholesterol lowering drug. In fact, the first medicine that was cholesterol-lowering was actually just RYR, but now they've made synthetic. My mother has used it and it dropped hers like 45 points, I think.

This is not one of those "fixes everything" herbs - it really and truly is a marvel.

Quick question for you experienced ladies. I've started joining my squares. I've never done a project with so many color changes. How do you join them with the different colors? I'm using Julie's joining method and the first two rows were easy. I'm ready to join the third row and there are two blues, two whites, two bicolors, two whites, two blues, etc. Would you use one color all the way across to join or change colors as you go?

Thanks for your help!

Brenda, I've done a couple where I just picked one color and used it for all the joining and I've done a couple where I change the joining color to match the squares. For me, it has more to do with how much of the pattern depends on the way the colors come together.

Archived