• Last Reply
Have a good day Mary. :manyheart

Okay, this is how I broke it down.

starsstripesblocks.jpg

Wow! thanks for breaking that down. It gives me ideas.....:hook

I gotta stop thinking until I get the one I'm working on done!:D

Colleen

Good morning ladies :flower

Tab - Perfect breakdown on those blocks :yes You're all turning into saltine designers...I love it :manyheart That one will be a definite stunner :yes

Wendy - I didn't realize you were doing the penguin. I thought you were talking about your picture ghan. He looks great :clap

That was a wasted trip. :( The dentist's office called me on my cell (I was a block away) and had to change my appt. DH said he'd take MIL's tax stuff to her CPA, so I came home! All dressed up and nowhere to go. :lol But we are going out to lunch which wouldn't have happened if I'd gone to the dentist.

Hi Miss Cara. I hope you're feeling better. :manyheart Have you started anything new?

Colleen ~ You are definitely hooked! :hook

Tabby, that pattern is going to be spectacular. :cheer

Hi to Tracy, Leslie, and Krystal, too. :)

Hi everybody!! Great stuff I'm seeing!

I finally got out my pinwheel village quilt and am sewing up the blocks for some of the saltines I had made. :yay

Krystal my total of squares is 157 solids and 38 bi-color. :blush sorry I didn't post them all as I did them. I wasn't really going to go full on into the saltine athon but since you got me in there I'll report them from now on. :lurk

edit: that is the total including the 43 points worth you have for me.

Hello, everyone. All the pictures are beautiful. This is the first I've had a chance to get on a computer. Lots of pages to read to catch up. Congrats to everyone on your projects.

We had a very nice Easter. 19 of us got together for turkey and ham and lots of fixings.

Gentry's face lit up and she got a huge smile on her face when she saw the bunny. She dropped the toy she had and grabbed the bunny and snuggled her face in him. What a thank you! Mom and Grandma were also thrilled with it.

Kim has slept all morning. She's playing catch up today. She hasn't napped at all for the last three days. She didn't want to miss an instant of what was going on.

Gentry's birthday party was yesterday. She wasn't sure what all was happening, but she sure liked all the new toys.

We had an Easter egg hunt for the little ones. They were sooo cute. Andrew at 1 1/2 wasn't at all sure what it was all about, but enjoyed it once he figured it out. We pointed out eggs for him to put in his basket.

Kim's aunt took me on a shopping spree Saturday as a thank you for fixing her grandmother's bedspread. She blew me away. I've got yarn for 5 projects and hooks and knitting needles and other goodies. What made it even better was that all but 3 of the skeins of yarn were on sale for 40% off or more. Some of them way more. I'll take some pictures when I get back home.

If you still need to know how to split squares in half, I can show you how I did it when I'm back home later this week. I worked it up for someone else a while back. I split one in half vertically and horizontally. It's not terribly hard, but you have to pay close attention to what you're doing the first round.

All for now. Will talk more when I get home.

Linda its great to hear from you and Im glad you all had a great easter. See ya when you get back.

Tabby I like how you broke down the pattern, what program are you using.

Cara I was originally making the penguin into a tote bag by using just the penguin itself but it still came out way to big so I changed it back to the cuddleghan.

Mary have a great lunch, you have probably had it by now I guess so I hope you enjoyed it.

Thanks for all your compliments on my penguin.

Tabby... actually doing it the second way you are going to end up with three times as many bi-colors... of course I think the stripes will look better... what kind of 'puter do you have and what is a paint program..

Tab - The regular old paint program is what I started with too :yes Just upgraded to the Paint Shop Pro when I started selling the patterns. Now I'm back to free :lol

Shelly - "Paint" is the basic drawing program that usually comes with Windows.

Linda - Sounds like you're having a great visit :manyheart

Krystal my total of squares is 157 solids and 38 bi-color. :blush sorry I didn't post them all as I did them. I wasn't really going to go full on into the saltine athon but since you got me in there I'll report them from now on. :lurk

edit: that is the total including the 43 points worth you have for me.

Gotcha - you're in 7th place now!

Afternoon everyone! Hope you had a wonderful weekend and holiday.

I've got enough squares done that I want to start joining them now. I started doing it using whip stitch and really don't like it. So, I know it's probably been asked before but ...

What stitch do you use to join your squares?

Do you join your squares into a block or do you join one row all the way across?

Can I join the saltine countdown? I have 48 solids and 17 bicolors done so far.

Hi Brenda~I guess you've noticed by now that we chat a lot! Of course, you can join the countdown...Krystal is our referee.

I think half of my quilts come about as a result of having saltines on hand... I have 9 blocks of 16 saltines each with alternating squares of varigated Rose/white/countryblue and either navy blue or country blue.. I'm going to outline each block with white saltines and put Navy ones in the corners.. I also have a bunch of different shades of rose made up ... I'm going to make varigated ones and do the same thing with the rose saltines.. I just love having mindless crochet to do while I'm doing something else... right now I'm doing them while reading the book Eragon... that is when I take breaks from the shawl...

I join my quilts into blocks first most of the time.. it just seems to work better that way for me... I have tried lots of ways to join but now I just join with a whipstitch in the back loop only.. they seem to lay nicer that way for me

Cara.. I have that on my 'puter but I can't make graphs on it.. how do you get graphs on it... I have to draw all mine out freehand...

Well, about a dozen years ago now I made this master grid and I just use the flood fill tool to fill in color. I use the Pen tool to draw in diagonal lines for the bi-color squares. Made my life so much easier :yes

Hi Wendy. I just use the regular paint program that's built into the puter. :yes

I tried that but you only have to click in the wrong place and your stuck with that color, its very unpredictable. I know you can undo but it still doesnt do it very well.

Archived