Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMIGAWD! The never clean rug in my living room is now flat out clean! :jumpyay I ordered a new vacuum and it got here today. I swear that thing would suck the fur off the cats :lol Even my sister's expensive Wind Tunnel didn't clean it but this thing did. :yes Yes, I'm very easily excitable :blush

Yep, think I need a break for a few days. I've been doing a lot of online shopping. The UPS guy brought four huge boxes this morning. You should've seen the faces on the kids across the street :blush That's why I gamed this weekend...to avoid shopping :lol

I'm still here just really busy. I did get to catch up on everyones posts and news.

OK- So after "taking my time" I'll have the block finished tonight and will post another picture. It looks much better. I think I just needed to practice.

However... What would be the EASIEST pattern to start with? Just simple squares? I still want to try the bicolor... I think maybe I started with something a bit overwhelming. Plus, I'm not happy with the colors I picked. So, Any suggestions for an easy quilt ghan?

I'm still here just really busy. I did get to catch up on everyones posts and news.

OK- So after "taking my time" I'll have the block finished tonight and will post another picture. It looks much better. I think I just needed to practice.

However... What would be the EASIEST pattern to start with? Just simple squares? I still want to try the bicolor... I think maybe I started with something a bit overwhelming. Plus, I'm not happy with the colors I picked. So, Any suggestions for an easy quilt ghan?

The Around the World pattern has single color squares...should have been on Cara's site but it' isn't for some reason. Leslie A. designed it.

If you want it let me know...I'm closing off for tonight. PM me with your email addy and I'll send you the chart with the design. It's originally in 2 shades of purple, a sage green and linen.

Let me know if you're interested...it's the one I started...and haven't finished yet:blush

Cara~Ooh, sounds like you got lots of goodies today!

Hi Heather, I'm glad you checked in here. :manyheart Have you been making any more little square projects?

Daphne, I agree with Judy. The Around the World would be great. Also, several of us have made Cara's Woven Blocks pattern...no bicolor squares, and lends itself to lots of color combinations. :)

The Around the World pattern has single color squares...should have been on Cara's site but it' isn't for some reason. Leslie A. designed it.

If you want it let me know...I'm closing off for tonight. PM me with your email addy and I'll send you the chart with the design. It's originally in 2 shades of purple, a sage green and linen.

Let me know if you're interested...it's the one I started...and haven't finished yet:blush

Daphne, I agree with Judy. The Around the World would be great. Also, several of us have made Cara's Woven Blocks pattern...no bicolor squares, and lends itself to lots of color combinations. :)

If I'd READ your post I would have known it wasn't on the site but I went there anyway. *LOL* :think Long Day! I sent the PM Judy! Thanks!

Daphne, the Pretty Gingham Baby on Cara's site is another quilt that is all solid squares and lovely in lots of different color combinations.

I've spent all my crochet time today on the bunny for Gentry. All the pieces are crocheted and it's partially assembled. John requested that I make another one for their granddaughter since he'll be seeing her next week while he's in Texas on business. I've learned that I need to start putting in the stuffing before the last row or two on several of the parts, such as the head and body and ears. Waiting until it's all done on those parts means I've got a lot of stuffing to stuff through a little bitty opening. Bad news. The ears were especially hard. Live and learn. :lol :lol :lol

Hello..

I'm gonna cheat here.. cause I really don't wanna read 1288 pages. :eek

But this looks like something I'd love to do. I'd like to know if anyone has a suggestion to which would be a great pattern to start with?

I was thinking of the gingham pattern.. since it only has 3 colors.

What do you think?

Thanks for input.

Kim, welcome to the group! :welcome Glad to have you join us and no you don't have to read 12,000 posts before joining. If you've never worked with this style afghan before the gingham one is a very good first choice. Pick whatever colors you'd like and jump right on in. The around the world and woven blocks are two more than don't require any of the bi-color squares. Bi-color squares seem intimidating at first, but they really don't take very long to master. And they open up lots more options. I think I'm the only one so far to use 4-color squares and everyone thinks I'm nuts to be doing it. :lol :lol I just love the challenge.

Howdy everyone

Daphne I agree with everyone, the around the world is a beautiful one to do.

Linda your bunny sounds cute, cant wait to see him.

Judy you will finish the ATW dont worry.

Kim welcome to the group. Yes the gingham is a very nice one to do. A few of the ladies here have made that one.

Im doing saltines tonight and watching Stargate Atlantis.

Good Morning, ladies. :) We're having thunderstorms and DH had to leave for the airport in this mess...I always worry until he calls. So I've been up since 5 and have already done a lot. :yes

Welcome, Kim. :welcome I agree about the Gingham. I'm making one now along with the Flower Quilt, which is about 1/3 bi-color squares. :eek I also like Krystal's idea of a 9 patch pattern.

Hi Wendy ~ Are you up late? Glad to see you're back working on the saltines. :hook

Good morning, everyone. I'm not really awake yet. It's grey and overcast at this point in the day. Not sure what the weather's supposed to be like today. I've got a bunny to finish and another to make today.

Linda, the bunnies sound so cute! Will we get to see pictures? :yes

Tracy, thank you. DH just called and his plane should be taking off in a few minutes. How are you and DD? Has the little guy gone home yet? :think

Hi Mary, we all fine here, thank you. Yes, he went home last night. Poor kid couldn't stay awake til his parents got here at almost 9pm. :D But I think he was happy to see them. I did warn them about his appetite surge and that they would probably have to buy him some more pants soon, I think he is going to grow a bit. It was so funny last night, DD got up from the table to get something and he helped himself to her food! After he had finished his! His father was shocked that he had been eating so much breakfast in the mornings as well. :D At least it was good food, not sweets. :yes

Good morning sunshines :flower

Kimberly - Welcome to the group :hug Yes, I always recommend Baby Gingham for "first timers" so they can get a feel for the process without feeling overwhelmed. These ladies have steered you in the right direction. They're the bestest :manyheart

Mary - Nasty looking weather here today, too.

Well, Oliver the Porch Cat (soon to be Oliver the House) was getting wet and shivering so I made him come in so the girls could get used to him and he could start getting used to being indoors. He gets "fixed" a week from Friday. He's not a happy camper at the moment and neither is Tuon :lol Misa? She just takes it all in stride :D:cat

Gonna try to crochet today. Think I'm gamed out for a while :lol But I will start my day with the sketches I never got to yesterday :blush

OK- So despite my tester wash. When I washed two of the "practice" squares the white turned pink. NOT only this but all the "weaved in ends" were poking up all over the place about a centimeter or two. I've spent time watching You Tube and reading on crochet help but I thought with all the weaving in on these projects perhaps you might want to share your method. Am I driving y'all crazy yet?

OK- So despite my tester wash. When I washed two of the "practice" squares the white turned pink. NOT only this but all the "weaved in ends" were poking up all over the place about a centimeter or two. I've spent time watching You Tube and reading on crochet help but I thought with all the weaving in on these projects perhaps you might want to share your method. Am I driving y'all crazy yet?

Hi Daphne...don't ever hesitate to come in with questions! Lots of us have had the same questions you do. :yes So far, I haven't had yarn colors run, but am keeping my fingers crossed. How many inches of yarn are you weaving in?

Archived