Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

I know its way late in the game, but you ladies have inspired me. I sure hope you don't mind if I join in. I really love the patterns for these afghans. I had a hard time choosing but I'm going to make the desert star also. It took me 2 days to figure out how to do the bi-color grannies (whew) but now I'm on a roll. I just started yesterday and Ive got 48 squares made so far. HUGE thanks to Cara for posting these patterns for free. Ive only ever completed one large afghan in my crocheting history, so I hope I have the "sticktoit-iveness" to finish this, lol.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted something to my SP this morning and only after I left the post office I realised I hadn't taken photos. :blush. But it was only something small to make her laugh, so not too bad. :D I had a lovely walk into town this morning, wasn't too cold and the sun was shining. I also finally joined the library. :woo

Judy Im sure you are being a great teacher there, its so nice of you to help her like that. Yes I have taken photos.

Trulyhooked as your name suggests, you will be with these patterns. Cara has beautiful patterns on her site and everyone here is very helpful so dont hesitate to ask any questions. Welcome to the group, could I ask your name as its so much friendlier if we can call you by name.

Cara, I hope you feel better today. :hug I've almost got the center 3 blocks on the Kitty Quilt joined. :yay I've got squares done for one more of the cats on the last three blocks. I'm going to pick the colors for the rest of the last three blocks today. If I get settled on the colors I can order the button eyes for the Kitties and be that much closer to getting done. :devil

Mary, I love your flower quilt. It is so cool to see that some liked one of my designs enough to tackle it. You've put me under the gun. Pretty bad when someone finished a pattern of yours before you do. :wink

I keep forgetting to put my name in my signature..ugh. Everyone can call me shelli (guess thats why I picked a turtle avatar, LOL). Ive seen such great pictures here of everyones progress. All of them are so breathtaking I just had to attempt one too.

Welcome to the group, Trulyhooked! :welcome Glad to have you join us.

It's overcast here today and I'm not feeling up to snuff today, so not sure how much I'll get accomplished.

Hope you're feeling better, Cara. :hug

Good Morning! I just realized I haven't checked in since early yesterday, but yesterday was one of those days I'd like to forget...difficult parents, MIL, SIL - just pick one and we've got 'em. :yes Rather than come on here and rave and rant, I went for a 2 mile walk and cleaned our big closet. :lol

Shelli ~ Welcome! We're so glad you've decided to join us. :hook

Cara ~ I hope you're okay. :hug

Linda, that's good news about Kim's appointment. This preemie ghan sounds wonderful! :c9

Leslie, thank you. I love the flower quilt pattern and am doing just one block for a lapghan or baby ghan size.

Hi to those I've missed...Have a great day. :manyheart

Hi, everybody!

TY for the compliments, too...but I seem to be able to "show" people how to do things much easier than think of how to explain it. Which is why writing out the pattern for the square took a while:blush

from one Shelly to another Shelli.. welcome to the group... Cara has a machine that puts out rays so everyone that wanders near this site gets sucked in and the next thing you know you are creating quiltghans and making gazillions of little saltines... your life will forever be changes...

Of course there is this other member who loves starting CALS to keep us all so swamped in yarn that our families have to send out a search party when they want to find us

The sun is trying to come out here. Hooray!

Krystal - another 9 4-color squares for me.

OK, your call for "another 9" 4-color squares really got me. I didn't have you for ANY OTHERS?!?! :think So I matched up my score to what you had in your sig, and either you didn't post some or I missed them (I'm thinking combo?) because they were off. I fixed your score now, though. You're still in 3rd!

Krystal ~ 23 solids and 12 bi-color since last report, whenever that was. :think Thank you!

Gotcha!

from one Shelly to another Shelli.. welcome to the group... Cara has a machine that puts out rays so everyone that wanders near this site gets sucked in and the next thing you know you are creating quiltghans and making gazillions of little saltines... your life will forever be changes...

Of course there is this other member who loves starting CALS to keep us all so swamped in yarn that our families have to send out a search party when they want to find us

HAH!!!! I must be immune to Cara's WIP-sucking rays, because I haven't done one! (Although, I have been thinking of turning all my little balls of yarn into squares and making a scrap ghan when I had a ton of them. )

Hello ladies :flower

Mary - You're like me. When you're angry you clean. When I was still married to my first husband I had the cleanest house in town. Now I'm happy so it's usually a mess :lol

Shelly - You weren't supposed to tell about the sucking ray machine :lol

K - You just think you're safe. You too will get sucked in one day :devil

Linda - Yes it's much easier to show someone how to do things. :yes

Oh dear another bad day here. Last night I was feeling better but today I feel like I've been hit by a truck. :( Only thing I can do for it is wait it out and sleep as much as I can.

But I did finish the DS last night :yay Took me all darned day to do the last round of RSC but I got it done. Now I have a baby blanket to make before Sunday. I actually don't have time for this stupid flare. I have a busy second half of the week coming up.

Oh geez I must not be fully awake yet. I forgot to welcome Shelli to the group :blush

Welcome Shelli! :hug It's never too late. I figure we're just getting warmed up :D

Hi, Krystal. I think you missed some that I posted over the weekend. Or maybe that post got eaten again by the "this page has timed out" bugger. Anyway the sig is correct. I wouldn't do this pattern on anything very big, but it's turning our pretty. Takes forever to weave in all the ends and I'm changing joining color every square so that's a whole lot more ends. I think this is a one-shot pattern. I am working on a couple variations that don't use so many of the 4 color squares though. At least one of these may actually get made.

Morning everyone

Leslie great progress with the kitty quilt.:clap

Judy your square pattern was easy to follow.

Tabby howdy

Cara hope your feeling better today. Congratulations for finishing the desert star. :clap Whats next on the agenda.

Mary sorry to you had a rough day with your family. Hope today is better.:hug

Linda better you than me with the 4 color squares. Cant wait to see it though.

Cara hope your feeling better today. Congratulations for finishing the desert star. :clap Whats next on the agenda.

A quick (hopefully) baby blanket then one of the Amish panel quilts :yay And I have a few ideas for bags and some other stuff too :D

A quick (hopefully) baby blanket then one of the Amish panel quilts :yay And I have a few ideas for bags and some other stuff too :D

Are you reworking the Amish designs you came up with a while back?

Are you reworking the Amish designs you came up with a while back?

I'm planning on doing the one with the blue star. I got some very bright turquoise colors that I'm seriously hoping work. I really wanna see how they look with this technique :yes

Archived