Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Good morning Ladies,

I'm having another off day today. My assistant is back for good. I'll work this weekend...off Wednesday but will have to attend a meeting...then I'm off for the weekend. Hopefully things are getting back to normal. I've had a double ear infection. Now the left ear has a black head in it and keeps closing up my ear. Both ears were closed at one point, however, they are much better. I was in bed 2 days running a high fever. It's good to be back to almost normal. I'm going to take a nap and maybe do some :crocheting later on.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sandi - Yes that exercise can tire you out. But soon you'll start actually having more energy than before :clap

Val - Oh my goodness. You've just had a very rough season so far :hug Glad things sound like they might be calming down some though :hug

Linda...the puppy is adorable!!! It looks like a cocker with those fluffy ears.

Cara....beautiful!!

That is very pretty, Mary. :yes

Does anyone here know what "scarletina" is (not sure of the spelling)? I have never heard of it and my cousin's son (that I look after) has it. :think

Scarlatina is scarlet fever which is strep throat with a rash. :(

Thanks, Tracy. I think it's another name for Scarlet Fever...google it to make sure. A friend of DD's had it years ago and all the friends (and us) had to be tested. I think it has something to do with strep and is contagious.

Thank you ladies. :hug I guess I will have to keep an eye on Kyla now as she was trying to entertain him yesterday and trying to feed him as he hadn't eaten all day. Cousin's partner hadn't heard of it either until the doctor told her this afternoon and she said the dr said it could be contagious, but for little ones! :eek I tried to get him to drink juice when I had him yesterday and he was struggling to swallow, poor child.

Cara, that is outstanding. :cheer

Mary yours is coming out great too. So nice to see one getting done. I'm still working on Kitty. I got 16 bright green squares and 5 black ones done at the laundry yesterday.

Tracy, I looked it up on the internet and Scarletina (scarlet fever) is caused by Strep bacteria with an inflamation of the mouth, nose, and throat and a characteristic red rash. The fever can be quite high and occurs in cycles. Keep a close eye on Kyla because it's quite contagious in children. It's not as common as it used to be because of antibiotics.

Krystal - 10 bi-colors and 11 solids so far this afternoon. That completes the squares for the next two blocks of the puppy ghan.

Tracy, I looked it up on the internet and Scarletina (scarlet fever) is caused by Strep bacteria with an inflamation of the mouth, nose, and throat and a characteristic red rash. The fever can be quite high and occurs in cycles. Keep a close eye on Kyla because it's quite contagious in children. It's not as common as it used to be because of antibiotics.

Krystal - 10 bi-colors and 11 solids so far this afternoon. That completes the squares for the next two blocks of the puppy ghan.

Thank you, Linda. :hug I did a search but must have had the wrong spelling cos I ended up with a load of death notices from yonks ago. He has the very high fever. The dr gave him penicillin and his mom said if Kyla showed any symptoms to take her for penicillin, too. They have the same dr, so that might be a good thing.

Photo Friday. As I said, the puppy ghan doesn't look like much yet, but it's 1/4 done. I'm including a photo of the pattern. Hopefully that will help.

DCP_1210.jpgDCP_1366.jpg

Linda that is just so cute.:clap

Good morning Ladies,

I'm having another off day today. My assistant is back for good. I'll work this weekend...off Wednesday but will have to attend a meeting...then I'm off for the weekend. Hopefully things are getting back to normal. I've had a double ear infection. Now the left ear has a black head in it and keeps closing up my ear. Both ears were closed at one point, however, they are much better. I was in bed 2 days running a high fever. It's good to be back to almost normal. I'm going to take a nap and maybe do some :crocheting later on.

Valerie hope you feel better soon:hug

Here is the Desert Star so far. Only six rows and the border left to go :yay

ds030708.jpg

Cara that is just beautiful, its huge too. Are you going to keep this one.:clap

Here is the first half of the Flower quilt-lapghan-babyghan? :think I have half of the next 8x8 section ready to join.

(Clickable)

th_FlowerQuilt008.jpg

Mary that is beautiful as well, just love the blues.:clap

Does anyone here know what "scarletina" is (not sure of the spelling)? I have never heard of it and my cousin's son (that I look after) has it. :think

Oh the poor thing. Hope he gets better soon.:hugI havent heard of it before, does it take awhile to recover from it.

Thank you, Linda. :hug I did a search but must have had the wrong spelling cos I ended up with a load of death notices from yonks ago. He has the very high fever. The dr gave him penicillin and his mom said if Kyla showed any symptoms to take her for penicillin, too. They have the same dr, so that might be a good thing.

Tracy I hope Kyla doesnt get it.

Everyone's pictures look fantastic, well done Ladies.:clap:hug

Krystal - I've added another 13 solids and 5 bi-colors to my total. That gives me all the squares for the next 3 blocks.

Photo Friday. As I said, the puppy ghan doesn't look like much yet, but it's 1/4 done. I'm including a photo of the pattern. Hopefully that will help.

DCP_1210.jpgDCP_1366.jpg

Linda~Your puppy ghan is too cute. I can't wait to see more. :cheer

Here is the Desert Star so far. Only six rows and the border left to go :yay

ds030708.jpg

Cara~WOW, that is really stunning. Beautiful job! :clap

Here is the first half of the Flower quilt-lapghan-babyghan? :think I have half of the next 8x8 section ready to join.

(Clickable)

th_FlowerQuilt008.jpg

Mary~I really love the colors & this pattern. Beautiful job! :cheer Can I ask what pattern that is & what colors you're using? I'm nosey. :heehee

Thank you, ladies. :) DD asked me not long ago if I was going to make anything "full size." I told her other than the dragonfly, I'm not as overwhelmed with the smaller size ghans. :lol

Linda, you are on a roll today. :yay

DH will be home this evening, so I have to remember how to cook again. ;)

Hi Tabby! Thank you so much. I hope you're all better. :yes

The pattern is one of Leslie's on Cara's site...called Flower Quilt. I'm doing 1 block instead of 4. Colors are TLC Light Lake and Medium Lake and ILTY Yellow. The border is TLC Medium Thyme. :yarn

Archived