I won!

Congratulations, Sue. It sounds like you all had more fun than a barrel of monkeys. Can't wait to hear/see what you make with the yarn. I love the monkey bag. Throughout his life my Daddy had several pet monkeys. Oh the tales I have heard about the monkey shenanigans that went on. Both the shenanigans pulled by the monkeys and by my Daddy.:rofl My Daddy passed away in January 1984 and I still miss him. In his memory and honor the only Beanie Baby I bought was a monkey one. I named him Ray after my Daddy.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks!

Great story Kathy! As I stated, my Pop called me monkey. I remember once when he had to go to the hospital for surgery and at this time no kids under 12 were allowed to visit. I was under 12 and wouldn't see him for awhile. So the morning he went in (very early and I was still asleep) he left me a stuffed monkey on my dresser. I still have that monkey 30 years later.

:turtle:vheart

Congradulations!!! Now I know what a stitch n' pitch is. They pitch a bag full of goodies and you have to catch it. :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

We had our Stitch n' Pitch last night that our LYS set up with the Daytona Cubs minor league team. There was an all you can eat BBQ and the LYS owner had a raffle. I was the first winner (and had to keep Jana/walker1021 from stealing it from me!). I got a monkey drawstring bag, 2 pins, 5 stitch markers and 6 balls of cotton/bamboo yarn! There were 4 bags of goodies she gave away.

[ATTACH]19669[/ATTACH]

Congradulations!!! Now I know what a stitch n' pitch is. They pitch a bag full of goodies and you have to catch it. :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

I should have never doubted you. :rofl

So.....you'll be practicing catching bags of yarn? :D:lol:rofl:rofl

I'm just going to line one had with double sided tape and a bat in the other to keep the other ladies away! :rofl

That I'd like to see. :D:lol:yes

I'm just going to line one had with double sided tape and a bat in the other to keep the other ladies away! :rofl

I'll be sure to stay out of your way. I'll just wait untill you catch the yarn then you'll share :yes with me. :lol:rofl:rofl

When yarn is involved, I can be dangerous! :tryme:rofl

I'll be sure to stay out of your way. I'll just wait untill you catch the yarn then you'll share :yes with me. :lol:rofl:rofl

That's what Jana thought too, but it didn't happen. I barely let her pet it! :rofl

Thanks!

I love the bag! (My husband says I am a "bag Lady" cause I love bags!) And that yarn looks wonderful!!! Can't wait to see what you make with it!

I made my drawstring sling beach bag with it! Its so soft!

Archived