Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

Okay lessee....since coming online tonight I have uttered the phrases..

"Okay, you nimrods."

"Have a slug of MadDog"

and

"Meaner than Cat Snot."

from reading the posts and laughing myself into pain. Big Daddy's gonna call the nut farm here in a minute :rofl

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay lessee....since coming online tonight I have uttered the phrases..

"Okay, you nimrods."

"Have a slug of MadDog"

and

"Meaner than Cat Snot."

from reading the posts and laughing myself into pain. Big Daddy's gonna call the nut farm here in a minute :rofl

Atleast I won't be alone then. :rofl :rofl

Cara, thanks soooo much. I learned from a pro (you). :manyheart I went to Walmart tonight after a meeting and bought the yarn for it to go with what's in my stash. Here are my color choices - using RHSS & an I hook:

:yarn Grass - Spring Green

:yarn Tree - Paddy Green and Coffee

:yarn Train - Royal Blue, Gold, Black, and Grey Heather

:yarn Tracks - Linen

:yarn Sky - Light Blue

:yarn Smoke - Soft White

I got 10 spring green squares crocheted at the meeting I was at. :hook So I'm off and running with it. I'm going to put my Lady of the Lotus quiltghan on hold until the train is done, because train has a deadline on it and time could get away on me if I'm not careful. Christmas isn't for 6 months, but with all the afghans I'm making that's none too much.:yes

Okay, this is much later than usual for me...

Linda, your colors sound wonderful and can't wait to see the train come to life! :manyheart

and for the "wise guys" - love you all and see you tomorrow! ;)

Linda, I like the cow catcher.

Heather, my penguin is together horizonally now I need to do the veritical joinning. (Just gotta get motivated. Maybe I shouldn't have shown my dad it this weekend. After showing him I just lost the motivation) We will get there at some point. I'm sure of it.

The sewing is what kills me. It gets mind numbing :D Your at least on the home stretch now.:yay

Mary - Your bus ghan looks fabulous!! :clap:cheer I hate that weaving, too :yes Worst part but it's alway worth it in the end. I just do one row, weave, sew, attach then go on to the next one. Doesn't seem that overwhelming that way. Lot better than when I did the very first one (Blackford) I made all the squares for the entire afghan then started sewing them together!! :eek At least I did the ends every 25 squares or so or it would still be a WIP :lol

Morning, everybody. I crocheted the 3 coffee squares for the train last night before going to bed. That's all there are for that color and I just wanted to get them done. :yarn I usually join mine in 5 x 5 or 6 x 6 blocks and then sew the blocks together. That keeps things more manageable for me. I can't imagine doing them all before sewing them together. I'm too impatient to see how it's going to look for one reason. The other is that it would be overwhelming to have soooo many to do all at once. :eek Don't know if I'll have much to show today since the train is so new and the Lady of the Lotus is on hold. I'll see how the day goes. Happy crocheting!:hook

Thank you, Cara. :hug Obviously, I just love your Cuddle Quilt concept...the Bus, Penguin, Linda's Train - they're all so cute.

Linda ~ Your train is going to be adorable. Please post update pictures often!:yes

Hi, Mary and Cara. I'll keep you posted on the train. And of course, with the train pattern, the color of the train's body could be any color combination you want. I'm planning on doing the border in the same royal blue as the train. At least for now. By the way, if anyone wants to use the pattern, feel free to do so.

Your bus is so pretty, Mary. :cheer:yay:cheer

That's a darling pattern, Cara. :yes

By the way, if anyone wants to use the pattern, feel free to do so.

Thanks for the generous offer :hug Think I'll be making this one for my nephew :yes Thomas the train is favorite but that thing freaks me out :lol You know, Linda, you're gonna have to start your own website if you keep up like this :manyheart

:think I've been doing my squares in blocks of 9 then sewing the blocks together on my quilts too but for the penguin I'm doing them like Cara row by row. I too though can't wait and make all the squares up then sew. I like the instant gratification of it coming together and don't want to sit and sew for forever and a day. Makes my eyes cross and numbs my brain. :hook

Linda- The Train is cute.

Cara- My DD likes Thomas the train too. I don't see the attraction and they are a little creepy. They also seem a little mean I sometimes can't believe a minister wrote them. I don't get the message in them. :think

Well here is the old penguin so far. I sure hope the yellow washes out of the white squares cause it looks terrible in person. It doesn't really show up in the picture. I might have to see if there is some kind of color bleach or something that might fix it. I guess I'll just throw the big skein of it out. such a waste.

th_crochet158.jpg

It's a Great pattern Cara. Hmm don't know why my typing color changed.

:think

BTW Cara I took the 2 solid squares out of the middle of the mouth and just moved up the bottom 2 half squares but I almost think it could even do without the top 2 half squares on his mouth and just have the 2 going down. You could play with it and see.

Archived