Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

If the drought doesnt break this winter we will be using recycled water next year.

Now why does that leave a queasy feeling in my stomach?

I wasn't born until 1979.

Well, there's young and there there are just plain BABIES!!! :lol

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Morning or should I say "Howdy?" That's what I love about you all...never know what to expect! :lol All of the avatars are great today. :yes And I notice we're having age confession time again. Gee, do I have to say I'm 57 again? :D

Night Wendy :hug

Julie - Either a writer or at least start a blog...I know I'd read that thing every day :lol

:eek If Julie had a blog, and with the 'ville, I would never get anything else done! :compute:lol

Krystal~Ya know if I was five you would've got clocked for calling me a baby. :lol Isn't it funny that a certain age we actually prefer to look like babies? :lol :lol :lol

When I went to the Doc.'s today he told me I must've been nice to my Mom last night to get the good news I did. :lol #1. I haven't lived home since I was 15. #2. I ain't nice. :devil

Hi, everybody. I've been busy this morning trying to work up a train pattern as a cuddle ghan. I know it will take a while to make one and I want to do one for my grandson for Christmas. I started with the dimensions of Cara's cuddle ghan. This is the fourth variation and I think the best. I'd like some feedback on what you gals think of it. I've also got a picture of my 15# of yarn eBay purchase. I'm finally getting a stash that deserves the title of stash.

DCP_1120.jpgDCP_1117.jpg

Oh Linda - the train pattern is adorable! The only thing that comes to mind is a cow catcher on the engine, if there is a way to add one. You did a beautiful job of designing this. :manyheart

Love seeing all your new yarn...just like Christmas! :lol

Thanks Tab and amanda for the compliments. It's FUN to do this .

and Tab- remember my saying :

Only the Good Die Young, so be meaner than Cat Snot.

You'll live longer .

Linda- love the train -- if you want any advice on it, I think I'd make the wheel centers a different color so they don't blend in with the track -- maybe red ?

Lookin good and very cute. Cam would love one of them. Wonder if I can BUMP it into my weekend slots ?

Hi everyone,

I don't know how you all find time to chat so much. There is no way I can keep up with the conversations. How do you get anything done?

My Casablanca Quilt is nearing completion, which is good since we leave in 2 weeks for Colorado (on the 4th of July). Sorry, no pictures and there probably won't be until I have it finished.

I have 60 more squares to make and then the border. I'm hoping to have the squares finished this weekened, which will give me all next week to get the border done, and it shouldn't take me that long.

Once the squares are finished (I assemble them as I go, so that will also be done), my plan is to rent Casablanca and watch it while I crochet the border. I've never seen the movie, so it seems like a fitting time to get it off my "I should really watch that sometime" list.

Okay, I better get back to work now.

Thanks, Mary. Here it is with and without a cowcatcher. I had to change the color of the tracks to the cowcather to show up. What do you think?

DCP_1123.jpgDCP_1120.jpg

I haven't gotten anything done on the penguin cuddle guess he won't be done this week after all but at least I only need to make squares for 3 more rows and then put them on and do a border.

You guys are so funny. I wish I could be witty on the fly. Unfortunatly my witty thoughts usually hit me about a day after reading something then it's too late to say it. :)

Linda- I agree with Julie. Or maybe just take out the back rail all together since you can't see the back wheels.

Linda, you'll probably be sorry you asked! :lol I really like the cowcatcher you added...how about dropping the back rail like Heather said and lowering the cowcatcher by one square so it would be "on the track"? I like the back rail for the dimension it gives, though! Now, aren't you really sorry you asked? :D

I know :think...wait for Cara. She will have the best input of all. :yes

I haven't gotten anything done on the penguin cuddle guess he won't be done this week after all but at least I only need to make squares for 3 more rows and then put them on and do a border.

You guys are so funny. I wish I could be witty on the fly. Unfortunatly my witty thoughts usually hit me about a day after reading something then it's too late to say it. :)

Hi Heather, you have done a lot on the Penquin! I know what you mean about the witty ones on here...I just enjoy the fun knowing I can't ever think that fast! :lol

Archived