Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

Cara- glad the Doc was in a good mood today. He must've been dreaming of his day off tomorrow and his turkey dinner .

House help ? I agree, buy yarn, the house is good enough the way it is.

Do your feet STICK to the floor ?

NO ?

Then it's clean enough .

And sorry to sound stupid, but what all do you put into pumpkin custard ? I've never heard of it .

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And sorry to sound stupid, but what all do you put into pumpkin custard ? I've never heard of it .

Hmmm lemme see if I can remember off the top of my head...evaporated milk, eggs, pumpkin pie spice (or whatever spice you like some folks use different things, I'm too lazy I just buy the premixed stuff :lol), vanilla, pumpkin and I think that's it. It's just the pie without the crust like Linda was talking about. I like to make it that way, too because the crust can get soggy after a couple of days.

I got a recipe from my WW group leader last week that was actually good.

Pumpkin Mousse (remember...this is Weight Watchers...)

1 can pumpkin (NOT already seasoned)

mix well with a box of vanilla (fat and sugar free) instant pudding

then use a wisk to thoroughly blend in an 8 oz container of Cool Whip...add cinnamin, etc to taste...put in a dish or dishes...chill a short time in the fridge and it's done.

I'll be making that a lot!

Cara- glad the Doc was in a good mood today. He must've been dreaming of his day off tomorrow and his turkey dinner .

House help ? I agree, buy yarn, the house is good enough the way it is.

Do your feet STICK to the floor ?

NO ?

Then it's clean enough .

That's pretty much my theory :lol :lol I really don't have that much trouble with it. I keep on top of it. Big Daddy is well trained enough to not make a big mess. We eat off paper plates and a lot of our meals are "convenince" foods. Frozen entrees and things like that, unless I feel good. Only thing that has to get done every day is the cat box and if I can't handle it on any given day then DH steps up the bat :yes

I got a recipe from my WW group leader last week that was actually good.

Pumpkin Mousse (remember...this is Weight Watchers...)

1 can pumpkin (NOT already seasoned)

mix well with a box of vanilla (fat and sugar free) instant pudding

then use a wisk to thoroughly blend in an 8 oz container of Cool Whip...add cinnamin, etc to taste...put in a dish or dishes...chill a short time in the fridge and it's done.

I'll be making that a lot!

Ooh actually that sounds really good :yes

Oooops...forgot tomention: the Cool Whip is also Fat free...

But it is really good....and I'm fussy about my desserts...and my food...and my coffee...and...well, you get the point by now:yes:lol

Wendy hubby thought it sounded weird too. But in Utah they make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and they are pretty good so I figured why not. :lol And the kids loved it. :yes I even got one girl who hated pumpkin to taste it and she liked it alot.

Julie I've made pumpkin pie in a graham cracker crust and it turned out pretty good. I heard of it online I think and thought why not I like the graham cracker crust much better than the regular. It turned out pretty good.

I use regular canned pumpkin and add my own seasoning too. :yes

Alright, I'm in charge of the desserts this year.

I have Pumpkin Turtle Cake - pecans and caramel, pumpkin stuff whipped with whipped cream in the middle, then more cool whip on top and pecans again.

Lemonade Stand Pie - it's ice cream, whipped cream, lemonade powder... all in a graham crust.

I bought everything I needed tonight. Opened up my truck door and out rolled the caramel sauce and smashed on the garage floor. :angry Now I'm looking up how to make caramel sauce from scratch. :(

Everyone's recipes sound wonderful. Krystal, I'm so sorry about the caramel sauce - hope you can find a recipe.:yes

It seems strange (but nice) to be so relaxed about tomorrow. With just 5 of us this year and 3 who don't like turkey :lol, I'm doing a stuffed pork loin roast...so I don't have to get up at 5a.m. I only have to set one table, too!

I have so much to be thankful for, but I am especially thankful for all of my friends here at the 'Ville. :pilgrim Happy Thanksgiving!

We have a 5 person table this year...FIL, DS and his GF and us...then the young'uns head to her/parent's house while we drive FIL home. It's only a turkey breast (no dark meat lovers) and I made my MIL's Greek stuffing today already: sausage, gr beef, rice and spices....it's the best!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone...and safe travels to those driving...

Judy, that sounds delicious.

I've got the second set of pumpkin cupcakes in baking now. Got everything done except for the oil change on the car. Will do that on Friday.

Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving! :tdance:pilgrim:ttalk

Linda, Donna and everyone - have a good, peace-filled day, and I'll miss you all till tonight.

I told Phil I'd ride with him to take my FIL home later today...he was sp surprised! He never said much, so I didn't think it mattered a whole lot.

It does...

He probably feels it more this time since he's flying out for work on Sunday morning...we do miss each other...:manyheart

Happy Thanksgiving ladies :pilgrim

To Wendy, Denise, Tracy and others who don't celebrate Thanksgiving, please know that you're a big part of our celebration because you're a BIG part of what we're most thankful for :manyheart

Judy - Awww :manyheart That Phil is such a doll :c9 Y'all take it easy and we'll see you when you get home :hug

Archived